z

Young Writers Society

I Just Read ERAGON and ELDEST!

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:55 pm
woodland wolf says...

thats cool i agree some parts did get boring like when eragon is doing his training out of eragon and eldest i have to say that eragon kept me hooked all through it but eldest didnt seem to have as much as an affect but the action parts were worth the boring bits dont you think?

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:14 pm
Dreami says...

Eragon and Arya and the like can just die for all I care. In fact, I may have to have a party when Christopher Paolini dies. I'm going through the books and finding every similarity between LOTR/Harry Potter/Star Wars and marking it in a big book.

I'd write a really long list of reasons as to why the Inheritance Trilogy sucks, but then I realized I'd much rather work on writing my own book.

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:04 pm
piepiemann22 says...

I personaly liked the books, though y'all make good points that i have to agree with. Still, don't forget the author was only 19 when he wrote Eragon, so don't be to hard on him. Plus, the fact written wise Eldest got better means he's improving. if he continues writing I'm sure he'll get better.

The movie is nothing like the book though, as Alanna said. they can't make a second one with what they did. *Sigh*
I will always fight back, no matter what.

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:05 pm
Evangelina says...

Well, 19 doesnt mean anything. I've read better stuff on here than in that book.
Break the boundaries, hunt the hunter, and leave me a tip.
----to kill or not to kill

185 Reviews

Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:08 pm
piepiemann22 says...

True, but he most likly doesn't belong to a writers web site like us to get help and improve. I guess we have the advantage right? I'm so happy.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:08 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

piepiemann22 wrote:I personaly liked the books, though y'all make good points that i have to agree with. Still, don't forget the author was only 19 when he wrote Eragon, so don't be to hard on him. Plus, the fact written wise Eldest got better means he's improving. if he continues writing I'm sure he'll get better.

The movie is nothing like the book though, as Alanna said. they can't make a second one with what they did. *Sigh*

I thought it was fifteen? :P People keep making a big deal out of it.
ohmeohmy

185 Reviews

Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:10 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Well, it's not a BIG deal, it's just he got it published at a young age is all. But that's only because his parents own a publishing company. Lucky son of a, whoa, com down the tony.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:11 pm
Firestalker says...

I loved it both books. But after reading that thread full of reasons not to like Eragon or Eldest i get what people mean by copying. But anyway i still am going to read the third book.
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

280 Reviews

Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:13 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

:points at signature:

The elders of YWS have many valuable things to teach us. :P

Indeed, the YWS is a brilliant advantage. :hugs YWS:
ohmeohmy

185 Reviews

Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:16 pm
piepiemann22 says...

I agree with Firestalker, I'm still going to read the third book even though it's not the best. I still like it after all.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:51 am
Shadeslayer says...

The Inheritance Cycle as it is now called is my 2nd favorite series.

Christopher Paolini just made a new update on his website at www.alagaesia.com

He can't fit everything in the one book so he is making a fourth one as well. with how slow he is as writing (no offense thats why he produces excellent books) we will probably have read all the cycle by 2010.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:03 pm
Twit says...

Hah, excellent books?

He was fifteen when got published, but no big deal about that. Catherine Webb was fourteen, and her books are brilliant. I don't think she was on a young writer's site either. :P
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:30 pm
Shadeslayer says...

wait Twit

Are insulting him or not lolz i can't tell
It doesn't matter if you are though each to their own
I Should Have Complete Faith In My Own Existence, Because In Order To Be Decieved About Anything, I Must First Exist

Got YWS?
Go The Dragons!

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:37 pm
Leja says...

He was fifteen when got published, but no big deal about that. Catherine Webb was fourteen, and her books are brilliant.

Exactly! A good book's a good book, no matter how old the author is. And a bad book will be a bad book, the author's age of unimportance. Hopefully, that is.

And I've never heard of Catherine Webb, twit; I'll have to go look her up ^_^

280 Reviews

Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:43 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Shadeslayer wrote:wait Twit

Are insulting him or not lolz i can't tell
It doesn't matter if you are though each to their own

If Twitters is remarking on Paolini, it's probably an insult. :P
ohmeohmy

The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you're made of, not the circumstances.
— Unknown