z

Young Writers Society

Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:29 pm
Kaylyn says...

*sighs* I love the twilight series, they are awesome. The best books every written. Period. I agree I don't have any idea why Bella should like Jacob... Edward is just romantic and well...perfect. Definately team Edward.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:06 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

Wow, people who like twilight are on this forum? Haha, it's just that I was on this other writers forum and everyone there was weird and completely jealous of stephenie meyer and they had a twilight bashing club. lol. I quit that forum.
Anywho, I love twilight. It's great. And I know I'm completely weird but I kinda hate that everyone else in the world loves them too. I'm like physically unable to love it that much if I'm not different than everyone else.
But I think that the host is ten million times better. :]
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:25 am
Firestalker says...

Yeah well we all as writers ourselves have to respect other writers work. Even the Inheritance series, although it's a total copy of Star Wars and LOTR.

:sigh: I really should read these books. I want to so much but don't get a chance to get them.
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:48 pm
*singerofthenight* says...

ok, please don't say anymore. i think you just blew it for me. I wanted to read it for myself. hey haev you read breakign dawn?
"Hello, is this thing on?"

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:55 pm
Aet Lindling says...

silverSUNLIGHTx wrote:Wow, people who like twilight are on this forum? Haha, it's just that I was on this other writers forum and everyone there was weird and completely jealous of stephenie meyer and they had a twilight bashing club. lol. I quit that forum.

Ugh. I hate it when someone assumes that just because we consider a piece of writing to be horrible (and it was, most boring weekend ever. Also, before, I thought that people who said that something made their head hurt were just joking. Well, two Motrin later disproved that.) we're jealous of the writer.

We just see through the fact that Edward and Bella shows signs of an abusive relationship, the writing has so many excessive adjectives and description, and Meyer appears to have some crush on Edward. Fine to have a crush while you're reading (sort of), not fine to have a crush while writing. So much of the books is filled with extensive description of almost every feature of Edward's body, and it's unnecessary to the story.

Also, Jacob in New Moon was the best thing to ever happen to the series. He was amazing (in comparison, anyway), and if Bella had just chosen him I would have a lot more respect for the series. I hear in the later books, which I haven't read yet, he's way worse.

Jacob actually has personality.

Edward is a cardboard cutout.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:45 am
Firestalker says...

hmm i have to agree with you on that, except for the fact that i like how the series ended.
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

Reviews: 2
Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:30 am
Minerva Scriptor says...

I know there are a lot of big Twilight lovers out there, but I personally have mixed, tending towards negative feelings about this series.
First, Twilight fans please understand that I really respect Stephanie Meyer, and the work that she has put into this series. Her writing can be very good and is very engaging.

Twilight, the first book, was in my opinion the best, and if she had left it at that, I would be happier with the series. It was a great Idea and really draws the reader in. However, as I continued the series, I couldn't help but to notice a certain lack of planing in the books. They seemed like they were being cobbled together without much editing or revising. I also found that the series got kind of repetitive. It was always nice and happy for a time, with a few hints of some looming problem. Then suddenly something would happen, and there would be a huge rush to get somewhere, or do something. Then at least one character would get suicidal, and then somehow everybody comes out smiling in the end.
Finally, there is a complete lack of a message, theme, or any other type of main idea behind the story. Stephanie Meyer herself has said that it was written only for entertainment. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have always been taught that a piece of writing, particularly a story must have a main idea, a theme, something behind the story for your readers to take away when they finish reading it. Considering this, twilight is as shallow as a teacup. All in all, it just isn't the best quality literature. Good only for entertainment, not something that gives you much to ponder when you finish.
On the other hand, maybe this is what makes it good for some people. It has nice, happy ending, and could be a way for people to relax and get away from their troubles, without having to think too much about it. It's just not the type of book that inspires and interests me.
I never tell anybody exactly how clever I am.
They would be too scared. ~Artemis Fowl

Accept the Truth.
If you don’t like it, Change it.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:52 pm
Manny says...

I think the only reason Stephanie Meyer is so popular is because of the craptastic angst she puts in the books, the mary/gary stu characters, the teeny girl fascination with vampires, loads of things like that. You know a fanbase is crazy when they attack anyone who speaks out against this series. Another reason they're crazy is this: Fan Reaction

Reviews: 3
Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:20 am
Cheshire-Writer says...

Sorry to spoil your guys fun but I honestly didn't like Twilight.

I only read the first book and I found it to be incredibly cliched.

Thanks to the little summary on the other books I see I was right with my assumption. Also Stepanie Meyers Vampires don't make sense to me she says that ALL there fluids are replaced with vampire venom. *SPOILER* But then it wouldn't be possible for Bella to get pregenant. A little biology research would have fixed that but it seems S.M. didn't bother. I think that's one thing really bothered me in the book. The plot lacked a nice flow to it and it didn't seem realistic to me.

The main thing that bothered me in the book was Bella's character. She seemed absolutely pathetic. It was as if S.M. was saying that a girl has to a damsial in distress and needs to be rescued instead of showing that she can defend herself. I found it aboslutely insulting. Just because people can fall in love doesn't mean they don't have a life outside the relashonship.

I know a lot of you disagree with me but I honestly tried to like the book. Especially since all my friends love it.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:58 am
Thealyn Rosewolf says...

The Twilight Saga definitely was not one of my favorites. I read the first one, because I was on a vampire spree-I had just read some Anne Rice, and I was actually really disappointed.
The only thing that really caught my attention was when Bella was bitten at the end of the first book. But then Edward saves her-naturally.

I just felt like there was a lot of filler, kind of like H.P. Not that the writing was bad, I just think it could have been told better. Plus the fact that the whole country is freaking out over it, is honestly kind of a turn off. I've read several books about vampires since that I thought were much better.
"I can't stop drinking coffee. I stop drinking the coffee, I stop doing the walking and the standing and the words-putting-into-sentence doing."- Gilmore Girls

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:01 pm
Twit says...

Chesire Writer wrote:Also Stepanie Meyers Vampires don't make sense to me she says that ALL there fluids are replaced with vampire venom. *SPOILER* But then it wouldn't be possible for Bella to get pregenant. A little biology research would have fixed that but it seems S.M. didn't bother.

But Bella got pregnant BEFORE she became a vampire, so she was still human. That's what the big deal was about.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:52 pm
View Likes
unraveled says...

I'm quite curious about all this Twilight madness, I'm debating whether or not I should invest my time into the books..
Last edited by unraveled on Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:12 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

I. HATE. THIS. SERIES.

I completely agree with the person who called Bella a Mary-Sue. She is so boring and perfect! The characters are very 2-D. The blatant "Edward worship" was disgusting. I understand, Stephanie Meyer- Edward has golden eyes and looks like a Roman god!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:32 pm
View Likes
Thealyn Rosewolf says...

Personally, the whole, Bella getting pregnant is too far fetched.

Because, very technically speaking, vampires are dead. This includes Edward, and to be able to have your reproductive organs functioning to their full potential, you need to be alive. A lot goes into the men's part in a woman getting pregnant. It only makes sense that once Edward made the transformation that his heart stopped beating, breathing was no longer necessary, blood would stop flowing, etc. Because those who are dead, don't do any of those things, including sperm production, and monthly courses.

Even if the change was a gradual one, after one hundred years, the transformation would be complete. I mean, as anyone heard of it taking longer then even a couple years to change from one species to the other?
"I can't stop drinking coffee. I stop drinking the coffee, I stop doing the walking and the standing and the words-putting-into-sentence doing."- Gilmore Girls

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:23 am
Antigone Cadmus says...

I just found it funny how during the whole book Edward can hardly stand to be around her because he wants her blood so bad- but in Breaking Dawn when Bella's vomiting blood and he gives her a C-section with his teeth, he doesn't go crazy. Shouldn't he be lapping up the blood or something?
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

If you can't get out of your comfort zone, you'll never find what you're looking for. Don't make things quick and easy to feel better short term. Make a change and then you'll feel better longer term.
— Frinderman