z

Young Writers Society

Sleeping Beauty

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:42 pm
telle_04 says...

~~~~~

i really love reading murder-mystery novels, and when my classmate recommended it for me to read, i immediately loved it from the first chapter. the characters felt so real, like it was based from a real story, but it's not.

anyway, the story begins in the Spencer home, where one night an intruder brutally murdered Ashley's father and best friend, who was sleeping over. before he left, he whispered, "See you later," to Ashley. moving on after the incident, she studies in Oregon Academy, where she meets Miles Van Meter, his sister Casey, and John Maxfield, a teacher. after a series of unusual events, including the death of Ashley's mother and Casey's coma, Miles and Ashley accuse Maxfield as the suspect and the same man who broke into their home.

then things began to turn. Maxfield escapes prison, and Ashley flew to Italy to hide. after five years, Casey wakes up from her coma, and finds out that Ashley is her real daughter. the Van Meters welcome Ashley as a part of their family, and they joined forces to put Maxfield on death row. Maxfield swears he's innocent, but no one believes him.

when Miles went on to promote a book he wrote, Sleeping Beauty, he gave Ashley a copy. his book is about the story of Ashley's life, and her mother, Casey. Ashley had the time to read it, and one part left her searching for Maxfield's records in court. how can Miles possibly know about what the murderer told her when Ashley did not reveal it in court?

soon, the authorities set Maxfield free, and jails Miles and Casey because she was also a part of this plan. Maxfield continued his profession, and he and Ashley became close friends.

~~~
Phillip Margolin is a real novelist. i really love his books, his murder-mysteries. they always keep me on the edge of my seat.
You've got the key to my heart..but have you forgotten about a duplicate?
Sorry. I've already given it to someone else.

Be careful or be roadkill.
— Calvin