z

Young Writers Society

What is the most hardcore song you know?

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:12 am
AceOfPayds says...

I love to listen to Green Day. There is this one song that I've recently heard and it's called "Horseshoes and Hand Grenades". I'm constantly obsessing over this song, because of the "punkitude" it has. (Yes I made that word up)

I love this song because I can sit in class and head-bang 'til I achieve the overwhelming sensation of vertigo. Everyone stares at me and I mouth the words at the beginning of the song "I'm not FUCKING around!" They all stare at me like I have some sort of mental condition. I love getting that look. It makes me do it even more.

So anyway I like this song. And if anyone wants to second that notion, go right ahead! Do you know another song?

-Payds :twisted:

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:14 am
View Likes
Deskro says...

Haha, that conjures up an interesting image...

For me, it's a different genre, but "Ghetto Vet" by Ice Cube is next level raw. Makes you realize just how bad it is when you live in a dangerous or impoverished area.

The bassline is amazing, i love bumping it in my car when I'm driving, makes me feel bad ass.

But when you stop and listen to the words and actually take them in, it makes you realize how much most of us take for granted when we could be facing death on a daily basis, like some of these people.

So i guess its hardcore from a literary perspective, as opposed to it as a whole. Maybe it's ironic, I'm not really sure but yeah, that's just my 2cents worth (or should I say my 50 Cent worth ... don't all laugh at once)

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
— Audrey Hepburn