z

Young Writers Society

Squills 2/8/13

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:49 pm
AlfredSymon says...

Welcome to Squills, the YWS news bulletin.

This thread is the equivalent of a YWS newspaper, with each post in this thread being a news article. The focus of this paper is on the happenings of YWS at any given day, but members are welcome to submit their own news items. Keep in mind that all postings must comply with the YWS rules.

Submissions will be taken over the span of the day. Tomorrow, this thread will be locked and a new one will take its place. This feature runs all week long, featuring special coverage during events and certain occasions.

If you have questions, news tips, letters to the editor, or if you would like to join the Squills Team, then please PM Griffinkeeper or AlfredSymon.

Creative Staff
Technical Adviser: Griffinkeeper
Editor-in-Chief: AlfredSymon
General Correspondent: SparkofDoubt
Columnist: Clarity
Community Reporter: ShadowVyper
News Reporter: megsug
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:18 pm
AlfredSymon says...

A Poem to Ponder
This week's poetry spotlight goes to...

The Lunar Festival is coming closer and closer. And how do we celebrate it? By singing the twelve animal guardians of the zodiac! As a matter of fact, we at the Squills already have one here! guineapiggirl has just written a jolly old song about the glamorous pig and all its nutrition! Therefore, this week's spotlight goes to My Name Is Polly!

The best points in this piece lie on the humor and simplicity brought by Polly the pig. It's innocent and clear voice tells a simple life celebrated by simple ways like trudging through mud, eating strange stuff and just hanging around.

Feeling the country life? Us, too! So why not read this weeks poetry spotlight!
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:07 pm
LadySpark says...

Announcing--The YWStival!

The new year burst on YWS in fabulous fashion, and activity on the site has been booming this month! And what better way is there to celebrate all this energy pulsing through the site than with a Big Awesome Festival?
The YWStival is coming!

What is the YWStival, you cry? Well, it'd be easier to ask what YWStival isn't.

So, you shout, what isn't YWStival? Well, it isn't a festival where we sacrifice monkeys to Pat Buchanan. (Don't worry, that's coming next month.)

It is, however a fabulous week full of games, prizes, writing extravaganzas and more!

Starting on February 10th, we're going to devote a whole week to games, prizes and fabulous new events, in true YWS style! We've got all sorts of excitement up our sleeves, so be sure to drop in and join the fun!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:12 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Announcing the return of Clubs!

Clubs are back!

After a long awaited arrival, clubs have been reinstated to YWS. Nate describes them as 'mini websites inside of YWS,' 'to which you can subscribe too to get notifications whenever a new post is made to the club.'

Be sure to go check out the newest addition of Apollo!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:24 pm
Shady says...

New Arrivals

katcazt has chosen not to post anything yet. I'm sure she'd appreciate a welcome and and maybe a tour around the site.

AlysEvans1 is our newest member. She hasn't posted any works yet, but with a bit of encouragement, I'm sure she'll give us something lovely to read.

Neither of them chose to post in the Welcome Mat, but you can still go to their profiles to give them a proper YWS welcome.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

We join for the writing and stay for the community!
— Horisun