z

Young Writers Society

3/13/13: 25, 000 Member Special

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:20 pm
AlfredSymon says...

The thread you've stumbled into is the equivalent of a YWS newspaper, with each post in this thread being a news article. The focus of this paper is to give out a summary on the happenings of YWS at any given day and special features which tell about the new trends in YWS and current events. This feature runs all week long, featuring special coverage during events and certain occasions.

All members are welcome to submit their own news items. Keep in mind that all postings must comply with the YWS rules.

If you're an avid reader and want to pitch in or advertise or a concerned YWSer who wants to comment or ask us, then do so in the office at the Reader's Corner down below.

Reader's Corner
Spoiler! :
Submitting Articles
Submissions will be taken over the span of the day. Tomorrow, this thread will be locked and a new one will take its place. Anyone can post a news article or column as long as the topic is new, fresh, current and about the YWS or writing, art and humanities, is family-friendly and follows YWS rules.

Shameless Plugs
Why not advertise your newly constructed blog, your recent literary submission or your newest thread here at Squills? Just PM AlfredSymon and we can quote your advertisement for you as a shameless plug!

Letters to the Editor
Have any questions, comments or sggestions? Then share them to us please and let it be answer in public for all the readers' ease :D ! Please PM AlfredSymon for any letters for the editor.

Be a regular!
Just contact AlfredSymon if you want to be part of the creative staff!

Creative Staff
Spoiler! :
Technical Adviser: Griffinkeeper

Editor-in-Chief: AlfredSymon
General Correspondent: SparkofDoubt
Literary Correspondent: StellaThomas

Columnist: Clarity
Community Reporter: ShadowVyper
News Reporter: megsug & Animal

Comic Artist: Cspr
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

308 Reviews

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:09 am
AlfredSymon says...

25000!

We celebrated when we achieved a million posts a few weeks ago. Now, we will PARTY again, for YWS have gotten its twenty-five thousandth member, IceBerry!

Shino wrote:To commemorate this momentous occasion, there will be a party in chat, tomorrow at 10:00 PM GMT. There will be all sorts of fun and games. Review throw-downs, anyone? I also think I heard rumors about monkeys and Heather baking a cake... but we'll see! So keep your eyes peeled for more information.

Head over to this thread without any hesitation now!

308 Reviews

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:18 am
AlfredSymon says...

Shameless Plugs

Love EVERYTHING about YWS? Why not bring what's on your screen to your bedside table or favorite novel with YWS novelties from the YWS Emporium! From cute fanatic t-shirts to cozy, huggable bears; the emporium has everything you'd cherished and loved aboutt YWS.

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:22 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Heard on the Streets

The question: "What do you think about YWS passing the 25,000 member mark?"

The answers:

“It's good that YWS is growing as a community. Let's hope the new members stay. Give a cupcake to IceBerry.”~LouisCypher

“Well, I thought it was a nice big number, not much more really.”~BlackNether12

“It is the coolest of things!”~PenguinAttack

“I think it's incredible! It's comforting to know that there are so many young writers preparing to go into the world. We could see this generation's Charles Dickens or Jane Austen rising from YWS!”~Cole

“Great actually. Surprised we have so many members”~ Soulkana

“I feel elated, and wonderful for being Mod to such a great site, with so many people.”~MiaParamore

“I think it's awesome! I joined in 2009, I think, and it's been one of the best thing's I've done. You can understand why it's passed 25,000 - it's just an amazing site with really cool people”~ [user]*coco[/user]

“I think it's fantastic that young people can find a way to express themselves and maybe get some recognition so it's cool that there are more more people willing to share their writings and read others.”~HajarR

“I think that's awesome, though i'm not surprised :)”~ Janika

“I think it's great! I like that YWS can keep growing and growing and yet remain such a tight knit community. I think the fact that we've managed to get to 25,000 members means that YWS still has appeal and is a great tool for young writers and it's impressive that even after a few years YWS remains relevant and running :)”~Beckiw

“I find it interesting. When I first found YWS about 6 months ago, I thought it was kinda small based on how close knit everyone was. I guess I was wrong.”~NoirLumiere

“I think it's fantastic that such a vibrant community and excellent resource continues to grow and attract new members.”~Rubric

“It feels kind of great, right? I mean, YWS has progressed a lot. They deserve a lot more members. And also, YWS has always been awesome like that.”~ ChocoCookie

“I'm so excited! It's a milestone, and a big one at that! I can't wait till we're talking about 100,000 members instead of 25,000. This site deserves nothing less.”~SparkofDoubt

"I think that if we keep getting our co-workers and friends to join we'll be hitting the 50,000 mark by next year, maybe even sooner!!!"~ Lylas

There you have it! :)

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:39 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

New Arrivals

This wondrous site continues to grow with the passing of this Wednesday. Take a moment to go welcome these awesome new members!

RJCime
silverbush
serenephantom
pip
smallory
Roots5014
HajarR

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

pain is that feeling when you are feeling hurt, but it never goes away leaving me hurt. oh it hurts.
— Dragonthorn