z

Young Writers Society

Clique Breaker: Chapter Thirteen

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:11 am
AngelKnight900 says...

I thought that I would never see Skye again but when I came over her house to plan the party with Marcus, I felt unbelievably happy. I wanted to hug her but the moment she saw me, she went upstairs to lock herself in her room. Marcus noticed it and he tried to distract me by keeping me focused on the party.

"Who knew that we would be hosting a party" he said with a chuckle.

I smiled and started making the list of what to order for the party. The whole purpose of the party was to try to get these kids to be more comfortable with themselves. Many of the girls have contacted me about outfits to wear and how to do their make-up. There were even some who wanted dance lessons. I agreed to all of it. I had to show that the upper class of the social pyramid was not the only who can have some fun and that they weren't better than those who were less social than them.

"So, we have the drinks, food, decorations..."

He wrapped his arm around me and kissed me on the cheek.

"We're supposed to be planning a party." I said, trying to hide my smile.

"Everybody needs a break here and then." he whispered, then he kissed me on the lips.

"Marky, you should stop before she ends up like me." Skye's voice was exhausted but still had enough energy for a smart tone.

Skye and I stared at each other, and I could the fire in her eyes reflect the fire in mine. We didn't hate each other but we both knew if we said any further words, someone was going to get hurt. She went to sit down in the couch opposite of me. Marcus removed his arm from me and went to his sister.

"How're you doing?"

"What do you think?!"

Skye's stomach actually started to appear and I felt bad for her. She didn't have to go through this but then again, her decision.

"So you guys are planning a party?" she asked. "For the nerd population?"

"Well I don't refer to them as the nerd population." I said.

"I do. I remember one time when I used to hang out with those so called friends I used to have and we got those losers into thinking we actually invited them to one of our parties. Most of them ended up at this abandoned meat factory off the street and it was just so funny. You should have seen the look on their faces the nest day." She broke into laughter right after that.

"I don't know why you're laughing. You're not part of any side," and then before I could catch my words. "You're the loser."

She stopped laughing and that angry look came back. "Who knew that you would be the one to say that."

"Do you hear yourself?"

"I'm pregnant!"

"Excuses. It's just excuses with you Skye! Can't you take blame for anything?!"

"Because not everything is my fault!"

"Yes it is!" I went over to her but Marcus tried holding me back.

"So you're going to say that you had no decision in getting yourself pregnant? That you had no choice to letting yourself die out?"

"I-I"

"No Skye. You had a chance to say no but instead you said yes," I then tried to calm down. "How do you feel?"

She didn't look at me and got out of her seat. Before I could say anymore, she turned around swiftly and landed a punch on my cheek. "Like a champion!"

Marcus held me back before I could return a punch. "Skye you're such a hypocrite! I don't get you! You're so lucky you got your brother holding me back! I don't care if you're pregnant! I'll pop you and that child so it can be premature!"

Marcus turned me towards him and held my face so I was looking at him. "Jay, you need to calm down."

"But she-"

"Jay, your job is for these kids, not her," he reminded. " We lost our mom to a car accident last year so I understand why she's so depressed and our dad was out of the picture a long time ago so it's been tough."

"How are you able to stay here?"

"Our mom left us with her assistant or nanny you can say. She comes around occasionally but Jay, mind Skye's feelings."

"Okay."

"Okay, are you ready?"

"Yes..."

"I can't here you! Are you ready?!"

"Yes!"

"That's the Jay I know."
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Surprisingly, all the party people arrived on time all at the same time. It was awkward at first because no one wanted to do much. All the boys were on one side on the room while all the girls were on the opposite side. By the way they were positioned, I had an idea. I grabbed a microphone and stood up on a chair.

"Okay guys, we're going to have a soul train line!" I announced. "So whoever wants to start can start!"

I had the deejay put on "She ain't you" by Chris Brown but no one even bothered to at least tap their foot.

"Okay hold up, hold up," Marcus said. "Me and my mistress over here are going to demonstrate. Start the song over."

I won't lie but Marcus is a good dancer but when he winked at me, I knew he wanted us to act as foolish as possible and that's what we did. By the time we made it halfway to the line, two couples came down and started dancing. Now the party was getting started.

For the rest of the night, everybody was enjoying themselves. We all played games, told stories, and when the party was almost over, we all went outside to watch the stars. Marcus had his arms around me and he kept kissing my cheek, the one that Skye damaged.

"You look cute with a bruise." he whispered to me.

"Does it make me look like a rebel?" I asked.

"Yes," he said, then kissed it again. "Turns me on."

Even though I saw that everyone was looking at the stars, I could feel a pair of eyes on me. From the corner of my eye, I could make out Skye staring at Marcus and I. Was she jealous?

The next day, everyone was talking about the party. Plus, a lot of them changed their looks and I could just feel confidence pouring out of them.

"Mission accomplished."
True confidence leaves no room for jealousy. When you know your are great, you have no need to hate.
-Nicki Minaj

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:17 pm
stevensmith05 says...

Hey i am Steven and i write similar to you
I think the plot of waht i have read is good and eventhough i have not read the whole of this text i enjoyed it No grammatical errors which showed to some extent you are better then me haha. I plan to read your whole manuscript soon good luck with it pal.
Keep Writing
Ste

And on the pedestal these words appear:/'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;/Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'/Nothing beside remains.
— Percy Bysshe Shelley