z

Young Writers Society

Get over it my friend ch 5

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Fri May 16, 2008 1:54 am
myfreindsavamp says...

Review: Chris and Draive have just been in detention…

(Chris dropped her off and drove away)

Draive saw her father’s face as she walked up the side walk.

Storm clouds were setting out in his eyes and in the sky.

One single rain drop hit the ground and echoed in her ear as she reached the doorstep. She looked up at her dad. He was drunk. It was the first time she had seen him in forever.

He hiccupped. “Why did you get detention?” He breathed down, into her face. Draive coughed.

“Another boy.” She answered. Her dad’s breath reeked, Badly.

“And where’s your vest?” He asked, anger building up in him.

“Oh. I um… forgot it in a friends car?” she asked looking up at him.

“Wrong!” He said. His hand came across her face fast and hard.

She immediately bent down, covering her cheek, tears coming from her eyes. She looked up.

She could see through all the blur, her mother, looking terrified and scared.

“Leave and don’t come back!” He yelled. The neighbors were out as the rain started ot pour harder. No light shined through the dark layer of clouds.

Draive scurried away as her dad chased after her a bit. When she finally got balanced she went out into a full out run. Her feet splashing in puddles as she bound down streets.
-------------------------------
Chris was a light sleeper that night and immediately awoke as many splashes corroded his mind. He moved to his window and opened it. He peered out, past his tree. Someone was running down the street and it was poring.

“Hey you!” He called out, into the rain.

The figure stopped and turned towards him. The coldness found the right places and the character shivered. “Chris?” Draive’s voice came, as she shivered out the name.

“Draive? What are you dong out here?” He called, a bit confused.

"My drunk dad kicked me out.” He answered.

“Come here, You’ll catch a cold.” He said motioning for her to come his way.

“Up the tree?” She asked, looking up at him now.

“If you can.” He answered.

She grabbed onto a branch and lightly climbed on. She moved from branch to branch with grace, but at the same time she shivered menacingly.

When she plopped down into his arms he held her cold body against him.

“You can be very smart sometimes.” He said sarcastically, but in a caring tone.

It was a good thing he had worn his night pants tonight or he might have been embarrassed a bit.

Draive pulled her arms around his waist and put her head against his warm, bare chest. Her tears felt cold on his chest. She pulled away after a bit. She was still shivering as she tried to wipe the tears from her cheeks with her wet sleeve. She looked down at it and laughed a light laugh, as water dripped from her hair to the floor.

“You need to change.” He said. He grabbed a long shirt from his closet. “Change into this and I’ll get you a towel.” He said creeping out into the hallway.. He shut the door with a low creak.

When he returned to his door he gave alight nock to it. No answer. He gave it another nock. No answer. “I’m coming in” He warned a whisper as he clicked the door open.

As he opened the door he found in the dim light, Draive had fallen asleep on his bed. Her wet hair was starting to dampen his pillow. He didn’t mind. As lightly as he could, he rubbed her wet head with the towel. The long, white shirt he had given Draive loosely clung to her.

He slowly moved to the other side of the bed and climbed in. He made sure he wasn’t toughing her. He didn’t want to make her feel uncomfortable. He lay there at the other side, facing the wall. He fell asleep after he felt the sheets fill with her warmth. She was warm. Good.
…………………….. ….
In time Chris ended up with his arm around Draive. She awoke when his fingers tickled her above the white shirt. She eased his arm from around her and slipped onto the floor. She went into his closet and changed back into her damp clothes. She went right out the window and out the tree after giving Chris a thank you kiss.

She ran lightly down the puttled street as her clothes soaked once again. Her hair plastered to her head as she reached Jess’s house. She rang the door bell and after about five minutes her friend’s mom, Mrs. M opened the door. She looked tired and surprised to see Draive at this hour.

“Sorry to bother you Mrs. M. Can I come in?” She asked her.

“Why yes Draive. What happened?” Mrs. M asked as Draive walked through the door. That was the best thing about her. Mrs. M knew when you had a problem. Well this would stick out like a sore thumb because there was no thought in anyone’s mind to go visit some one at eleven p.m., as the cloak showed on the wall.

“My dad’s back and he kicked me out.” She said as she followed Mrs. M to the kitchen.
Last edited by myfreindsavamp on Sun May 18, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri May 16, 2008 11:20 am
soconfused4512 says...

ok yet again just a few typos here and there but other than that i could finn no flaws in your story i have LOVED reading your "series" and can't wait for the next chapter!!!! Keep me posted
~OdD~OnE~

118 Reviews

Fri May 16, 2008 2:11 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

You still too lazy to point them out?

I shall keep you posted. Love hearing from all! :D
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Fri May 16, 2008 9:01 pm
Vampy_Girl15 says...

Okay, yes, there were typos and punctuation mistakes. (I'll fix the mistakes and make them bold.)

Her dad’s breath reeked, badly

“And where’s your vest?” He asked, anger building up in him.

Someone was running down the street and it was poring.

The coldness found the right places and the character shivered.

I just didn't get that sentence...

“Draive? What are you doing out here?” He called, a bit confused.

"My drunk dad kicked me out.” He answered.

“Come here, you’ll catch a cold.” He said motioning for her to come his way.

She moved from branch to branch with grace, but at the same time she shivered mechanically.

Okay, I liked this story it just needs polishing. PM me when you post the next chapter.
Some say laughing is the best medicine but what do you do when you can't laugh anymore?

Multiple personalities are just good social skills.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sat May 17, 2008 1:40 am
Writing for love is a pas says...

I love it. Nice character desriptions!!
No where to run...baby let's hide. Take her in your arms on a chilling winter's night. Watch the stars twinkle and glisten. Know that you've found the one person that will listen. ~*(ME)*~

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat May 17, 2008 2:26 am
TNCowgirl says...

So is there anymore yet?

Cause I'd like to read it.

If I haven't posted on it just let me know.

TNC
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

118 Reviews

Sun May 18, 2008 10:03 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

No not yet. I've been away this weekend.

Every empire tells itself and the world that it is unlike all other empires.
— Edward Said