z

Young Writers Society

Valentine's Day Sucks: Ethan's Take 5/9

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:36 am
roxythekiller says...

Sorry for the late update. Finals were crimping my style. I personally think this part is blah, but it sets up the action for later. Just you wait and see ^_^!!

After freshman year, I became really popular, and so did Tiffany.
This sounds hard to believe, but popularity didn’t change Tiffany. She never acted like she was better than anyone or any different, and I appreciated that. What I didn’t appreciate was that she thought up enough schemes to give even the most patient person a headache.

Like when she created an imaginary boyfriend.

For whatever reason, she thought having a real boyfriend, not gay old me, would make her even more popular. So she started to send herself flower bouquets on random occasions. It started out as a little joke, but it got out of control. Suddenly, everyone wondered who her secret boyfriend was--- a girl like her HAD to have one. And this being Tiffany, she fed it, making up stories and creating a fake ‘secret blog.’
It was crazy! This rumor became so popular that even Toby heard of it, and he never picks up on anything. The only good thing that came of it was that I could put Tiffany’s ‘gay’ diagnosis on Toby to the test.

“So.” I told him one day, while playing another random first-person shooter, “You heard about Tiffany’s boyfriend, right?”

“Yeah.” He replied, shooting a zombie through the chest.

“So… Think they’ll go steady?”

Typically, when a boy really likes a girl, he will say something bad about her current boyfriend. He will always give some sign.

“I don’t know. I hope so.”
I noted with hidden interest that Toby seemed more interested in shooting zombies.

At that, I grinned and clicked at my controller, “Yeah, me too.”

“So, what do you think about it?” he asked, “Think they’ll stay steady?”

“Maybe.”

His eyes lingered on me for a moment. Those big, deer-like eyes. They really did look that way. I noticed there was no other color in them, just pure brown, like cocoa powder. Tiffany was right, he did have nice eyes.

“Do you like her?” he asked me, matter-of-factly.

I shook my head, “We’re just friends. So it’s cool.”

Toby nodded, “Ok.”

Some people have a way of growing on you quickly. Toby is one of those people. Without Tiffany as a mutual distraction, it seemed we were closer than ever. I toyed with the idea that perhaps he thought I was crushing on her, and now that she had a ‘boyfriend’, we were finally free to crawl towards each other. We were kind of like hermit crabs, slowly and warily approaching each other. One day, I made contact.

“My mom’s getting me contacts for my birthday.” He announced.
“Contacts?” I asked.

“Yeah. Blue ones.”

I shook my head, “Nah.”

“I think it would look good.” He argued, then turned to me with an all-knowing kind of grin.

“Why, Ethan, do you like my honey-colored eyes?”

I laughed, “Maybe I do. I think brown eyes are the sexiest kind.”
He sat back and his eyes widened a moment; then he flushed red in the face. It was a good look on him.
“I think you’re sexy.” He replied, in that half-joking half-serious way of his, and I just smiled.
“I know.”
I should have kissed him, but I didn’t. Instead, I just turned back to the videogame. He did, too.
It may not seem much to you, but that’s how things go between two closeted guys. It’s slow and wary, especially when you’re in high school. Some guys told me it goes fast--- but I guess I’m just not that kind of guy. In fact, I was scared shitless when I went home that day. My parents asked why I was so pale, and I lied and said I had a cold. But the truth was, I wondered what exactly I was getting into, and whether I was imagining things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CHAPTERS

Part 1/9
topic25753.html

Part 2/9
topic25913.html

Part 3/9
topic26539.html

Part 4/9
topic26984.html

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:35 pm
Aly_Tobias says...

*happysquealw00t* Yay! Another addition! Sorry I took so long to find this! o.o You did good on adding description this time! And the thing about the honey eyes- *claps* I love reading this from Ethan's point of view, I can't help it. ^^
Crime of the century....[yet to be committed]

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:35 pm
MidnightVampire says...

This rocks. Sorry for the really really sucky critique, but I've got a project due soon, so I can't give the best crit.
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu May 08, 2008 3:55 pm
Sweeney_Todd says...

Ooh, I DEFINITELY like Ethan's take better. The German thing is SO hot! Pity he's gay, though...I'd like to have a real version of him (but straight or at least Bi). Great job!

*crosses fingers and prays for part 6/9*
Your journey began before you manifested in physical form here on this planet and will not cease when that physical representation of yourself is no longer capable of interacting with this world.
~Silver Ravenwolf (Wiccan Author)

Rick FTW!!!!!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri May 09, 2008 1:41 am
TNCowgirl says...

So, I've been keeping up with these stories and you need to continue. But I think they are going pretty good. Only a few glitches here and there. Personally I'm not the biggest fan of this style of genre. But there seem to be a few good ones on here.

Keep going is the only thing I want you to do.

TNC
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

You know that place between sleep and awake, that place where you still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
— J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan