z

Young Writers Society

Through Nightmare

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:08 pm
irsyad23 says...

One
We’ve been planned it since week ago. But the day, full of excitement I guessed, finally came. All of us in our family were going to The High Hill Racing, Barstow, California. I think it is the best place for rally motorbike racing, the cliffy road, dangerous route, high and dusty! I just simply couldn’t wait any longer.
But it seems that my little sister started a problem, that I thought the most disturbing event. Because it delayed us all! She threw my shoe to the road, which made its sole torn off! That was really bad. Even if the shoes was already a year old, it still in very good condition and I admit, it was the shoes that fit me best.
“Molly! Why on earth do you do that?” I shouted at him in anger. The other pair of it was grabbed tightly in her hand; I hardly ordered “Give me that!”
She kept pointing to the road, as I noticed that there was a bull-dog of our neighbors’. I quickly made my way to the other one on road. Molly was in progress of learning to speak, so any non-verbal sign was often unclear to anybody, except my father. As I told you, he had been learning psychic, or some weird chant that could make he know what’s on people mind, I hope.
“Don’t be so harsh with your sister Kurt,” he shrugged, “He’s just toddler,” my mother continued. Okay, that’s it, always be like that. Children were always the winner in quarrel. I sighed, as I took both shoe in my hand, trying to find UHU glue. I know it wouldn’t last long, but since it was the only shoes I got here and, I don’t want to waste time to buy new, I got nothing to do else.
My father kept looking at my sister. I wonder what he was doing.“Your sister is doing it on purpose,” he hissed to me. “Of course she is. She was trying to chase that dog off,” I gave a rude reply.
My father stared at her, very concentrate. “Wow, wow, James, we got a long way to go,” My mother sounded, trying to make dad realize on how much time wasted by doing that worthless things. Mom, I don’t know if she really believe in what father doing, but I think she do.
That day was supposed to be the big day for me. The hot sunny day was perfect for rallying to the top of the cliff. I just couldn’t wait for it any longer.
As everything was well prepared, everyone got into our big Volvo car. Its space was enough for all of us seven. My father started the engine, and we were out. After some conversation in the car, and some not-funny joke, we finally had arrived at 10.00 a.m. That was pretty late. We expect to arrive 9.30 and below. I don’t want trouble of not having enough motorbike, for out lateness.
But something strange was happened here. The place was not crowded; I thought it was my lucky day. We headed to the reception and rent some bike. Mom and little sister went to the shop nearby while the rest got ready on the motorbike. The bike was four wheeled the quad bike. So after we put our helmet, knee pads and all other safety stuffs, we started the race.
“Whoever got to the finish line first win” I challenged. I am pretty sure I could leave them behind so far. When everyone nodded, I knew that they were ready. Five of us were totally ready, racing the bike while holding the brake, as my older brother, Greg counted, “Ready,” all was heading to the starting line, “Set!” body a bit lower by that time, trying to fully concentrate. As the word “”Go!” shouted, everyone race to the cliffy side, trying to outrun everybody else.
My younger sister, Gina, head started first. We race as hard as we could to catch her up. By that time, my father was racing beside of mine, while the other was behind. I am on the second place by the time, but my father seems to elude me. Gina was still in front. She was leading. I could see she look at us and put her tongue, trying to brag. But that was just beginning,
I saw the rocky cliff in front was a detour. Gina took the left. I don’t know which way should I take but I knew that both of the ways were exactly going to the same way ended. I don’t have much time to think so I quickly depend on my luck, wishing that the right way would be shorter. So I picked that way.
I race the bike and the dust spread everywhere on the area. Dad took the same way as Gina. That’s all I saw. The others, I don’t know but I hope they took this way. I could see nobody else were in the track except our family. By my side was a very deep cliff. In my mind, if I ever fall there, no doubt that I’ll die.
But as I ride further, the side of the deep cliff was fenced with steel and wood. I thought it would be safe by now, so I raced towards the very tricky roads. You know how it feels to be there riding bike in most dangerous rally road? It’s very fun that I overexcited. As I took turn to the left, whereas the hard rock and the rough surface of road made my bike shiver. It was almost out of control, which by my opinion was amazingly fun.
I tried to have some short look behind to see if any of us taking the route that I took. But as the dust was so thick behind, and I am leaving them way too far that made me cannot see a thing. When it came to the high hill, I raced my bike full pace and got loop from the hill to the road below it. I had a blast that I almost criminal.
I hope I overrun each and every of them. Up to the trickiest part of the track, the most dangerous turn I guess, whereas the steel that fenced along the deep cliff by my side was already like, falling.
My bike was still quaking, from the impact of rough road that happens to be along the surface I had explored. When I took the left, my bike was drifted and I couldn’t control it anymore. Dust was everywhere that blurred my view. I couldn’t see anything. The speed was so high that it almost maxed out.
I didn’t know what to do at that time. I didn’t know where I was going to be. Just when I realize that, I am falling! I knew I was falling to the deep cliff. I loosen my grab to the quad bike and I am falling freely. In my head was only death, death and death. I’m totally sure that I was going to dead. I could hear my quad bike crashed loudly which I hope someone could hear. That’s all I remember.
After that everything went dark, except I felt my neck bone hurt. At that time, I only hope for miracle.

From Dad
I am on the first place now. I totally overran everyone, including Gina. Gina was right behind me. I raced hardly to increase the speed. As I realized, it was already 90mph. The long straight road made me feel safe on that speed. But suddenly I saw to detour meet again at one way. I am pretty sure Kurt would meet me at this intersection. I quickly raced, passing the way where both tracks meet
I looked behind and I am surprised to see that no one was after me. I push the hand brake. I got strong feeling of something bad occurred to Kurt so I stopped. Gina from behind honk me to signal and I knew she wondered why on earth I’ve stopped.
Gina parked her quad bike besides mine, “What’s up, dad?” she mumbled. I am looking back, trying to detect any bike passing through. But it was only Mike, my younger son and Greg. Kurt didn’t seem to be there. That was really making me worry.
“We have to check for Kurt” I commanded, “He must be stuck somewhere,” I walked towards Gina while Mike and Greg stopped the quad bike beside us.
“What’s up dad?” Mike asked. They didn’t heard what I said just now. Gina told them everything and then they started some suggestion,
“Why don’t you call his cell?” Greg whispered. I agreed and took out my phone. As I dialed the number, it was ringing and ringing but Kurt didn’t answer. I guessed that he was unconscious, or his cell may have broken. Whatever it was, I knew he was somewhere in danger.
“We got to find him!” I said in louder voice. Everyone stepped onto their own quad bike. I threw my hand out, pointing the meeting route direction, signaling them to go there. We raced there and keep moving forward. We got a long way but I hope we didn’t pass where the meeting route, which mean, we’re going back already. I saw the fence was no longer available and I know it was really dangerous here. The deep cliff was only a step beside us; it was a narrow path somehow.
We kept looking left and right, suddenly Greg sounded,
“Dad, look!” he shouted. I took a closer look and I noticed that Kurt’s had an accident.

From me Again
I only remember at that time, I was still there, under the hill, trapped somehow. But I thought I already awake at that time as I saw a woman standing beside me. I neck was still hurt. She treated my bruise. Yes, I am so sure that I am conscious for real.
“Don’t move! Your arms and neck was still hurt,” she said. She was so soft and caring. She got long black hair and two small ponytails from both side of her head that tied to the center. She wore blue-sleeveless shirts. She was a bit tan. I think she came from around Barstow. She looked like in her early 20.
“Thanks, who are you?” I asked her in low tone voice. Just to show how much I appreciate her help. She looks round and started to talk again.
“You were nearly crashed by your quad bike,” she said. I saw the quad bike just in front me crashed with fire or smoke on it. She had saved my life, “How do you appears to be around here? I mean – it was trapped down here. Moreover this is community area, don’t tell me you’re sneaking to get in here,” I said, which made her giggle.
“No, I am from around here. I live in the small indigenous village right over there,” she said while pointing to some uncertain direction.
“Oh I see. But it is more important to get out of here fast,” I suggest. Then I heard she hissed, “It’s too late,”
I stared at her blankly. It’s too late? I didn’t know what she meant. “What did you say?” I asked her. She looked at me; “Nothing,” a small giggle heard and she turn to look above.
“That’s who?” she asked me while looking up. She detected someone. I took a look above me and I found out it was them, they made it to find me.
“Kurt! Are you okay?” I heard my father shouted at me. I quickly gave him respond by shouting back, “I am here dad! Help me!”

The cliff was deep enough for them to not seeing me. It was totally like death trap dungeon. Due to sunlight that couldn’t reach there, the place was dark but the straight light diffractions brighten it a little. I am confused on how on earth—. Right, I still didn’t know her name. I quickly stood beside her and asked her name.
“By the way, what’s your name?” I said. “I am Danielle, Danielle Moonstar,” she assumed, “I don’t know yours,” she asked me again. Silly, even I didn’t tell my name, “I am Kurt” I said short. From her face, it was clear that she was an indigenous people because I could see chalk, or I don’t know what is the name, drawn on her face like cat’s whisker.
“My home is in Nevada,” I said shortly, even if she didn’t ask.
“How do we get out of here?” I inquired. She look around, “There’s a way over there,” she continued, “Follow me,” I follow her. Suddenly I saw thousands of glass falling from the sky towards me. I wondered where on earth it comes from. I am so scared that it screeched me so I closed my face tightly by my lap. As soon as I look up again, there’s no glass.
“I’m so sorry,” she said suddenly, “It’s from me, I made it,” she continued. I am puzzled. The one who saved my life do it? But it didn’t real, like illusion or something, I’m unsure. “Why? I... I…mean how?” I said, in very devastated voice. That was so creepy, it’s like my nightmare, piece of glass, falling towards me, crushed my head, sticking with glass, becoming blind. That’s my nightmare
“Kurt!!” I heard, that time, Gina voice was heard from above. “I am safe! Here!” I shouted back loudly. I kept following Danielle path which led us to a path that could easily be climb and to get back to the racing boulevard. I saw dad and my siblings trying to get ropes and there was also the community manager and some saving agents with yellow helmet. Was my case that serious?
“Dad, I am here!” I shouted at them. They’re like 50 meters away. They ran to me and hugged me tightly. “Thank god you’re safe” my father relieved. “Why not send some ghost to save me?” I joked. We’re all laughing.
“By the way, dad, I’d like you to meet Danielle. You should thank her because…” I stopped. Danielle was no longer behind me. That’s creepy. “Who?” they look puzzled. I look around blankly. What was just happened? Danielle disappeared. What I saw couldn’t be a dream.
I quickly pull my trousers up, the bruises and the cotton wool with bandage. It was made by her. I’m sure it wasn’t any of my illusion. By the way, my neck’s pain was kind of okay now.

Two
I woke up early the next day, instead of going to hospital; I’m staying at home for my only little bruise and pain. My neck was not broken, so do my arms. But it was still in pain a bit. After brushing my teeth, I move downstairs. None of our household was yet awake. Maybe I woke up too early.
“Morning Kurt, how’s your neck?” I suddenly heard my mom’s voice. She was from the master bedroom on the ground floor. Our house was 2-storey terrace house. My mother works as a business woman. She sell cosmetic product at Avon. So it’s a big money she got every month, based on the company profit.
“I am okay, mum,” I replied, along with nod. “Early today” she started the conversation. “Well, maybe got enough rest, because you know what, I slept at 8 yesterday. That’s so early” I whispered. My mother was a type of cool woman. She didn’t talk much but act much. You already know, right? Like, charismatic business person, perhaps.
She went to the kitchen, just a step away from where I stood. She checked the cabinet and drawers, finding ingredients to make something that I didn’t know yet. I jumped on a couch in the family room, picked up the remote controller and I turned the television on. I like watching news on TV. There’s usually morning news, but I seldom catch it because of overslept.
The news was pretty boring on the morning. At 7.00 a.m., everyone already awake. Mom baked some pancakes for us that morning. That day was Sunday, so everyone was on public holiday. But my mother never rest. She kept working seven days a week, except yesterday because we’re having family outing. She was already with her full working suit on 9.30 that morning. Then, dad drove her to work that day.
Wait… I haven’t shower since yesterday. That was why I smell something malodorous since that morning. It was actually me. But in the bathroom, something strange happened. The room was suddenly flooding, too much water got into it. I don’t know what the hell happened. I struggled to get at the very above, near to the ceiling.
“Help me!” I shouted as hard as I could. I hope my dad or anyone downstairs heard me. As I remembered, I am in the bathroom again, everything was perfectly normal. What happened? If that was because of Danielle, she doesn’t even here.
“Kurt! Are you okay in there?” I heard Greg’s voice from outside the door. I quickly turned off the shower and unlocked the bathroom’s door. I heard the roof hit by water. I wondered was it raining outside.
“I am okay Greg. I… just having headache maybe. I kept seeing things that aren’t real,” I confessed.
“Maybe you want to see doctor?” he asked me. “No, I’m fine” I replied short, Gina voice was heard shouting from downstairs, “Kurt! Someone wants to see you!” she continued, “She is waiting in front main door! I hope you hurry. She looks sick”
She? Maybe Lisa, my schoolmates. But why? We don’t have any appointment or anything. I quickly got into my clothes and ran downstairs. I was surprised to see it was… Danielle.
“Danielle??? Come in” I said. She stepped forward. Her hands were tightly hugged herself. She was like freezing. “Kurt, help me!” she said and suddenly fall onto the floor. She was faint. I took her to lie on the couch. Gina too was very worried.
“Kurt? Who is she? What happened?” she said, agonized. “Don’t have much time to talk now, Gina!” I said. I examined her; I put my hand on her forehead. She was freezing, her clothes were wet and she needed to change it.
“Gina! She needs your clothes,” I commanded, “Take her to your room,” Gina nodded and she and I lifted her to her room. While Gina was treating her, I went downstairs and took some medication from the pantry’s cabinet. I took a tablet of paracetamol. I hoped these could help since she was still breathing. I went back upstairs. Gina was outside the door, already finish changing her clothes.
“She’s inside… and conscious,” she said. I drew I smile on my face as I thanked god for her consciousness.
“Kurt, help me!” she hissed. I confusedly move towards her as she took my hands. Her hand was so cool that it made my body tingle a bit. “How can I help you, Danielle,” I asked her. “There isn’t much time left,” she whispered. I didn’t know what she was talking about. How, when, why did she came here? Those questions kept puzzling in my head.
“Danielle, you have to rest now,” I said, observing that she was so exhausted. I gave her the medicine and she devoured it. Then she continued her sleep. I just hope she get well soon at that time. I needed her explanation, about everything.
It was 1.30 p.m. when Danielle finally awake. I could see her body now a little bit energetic. I agreed that the medicine did that. I think she was just having cold or fever, because of playing in rain. But I still don’t know why she came here. All that she said from the time she was here that ‘I need your help’, but it still unsure, helping for what.
I decided to ask her that by that time standing at my room’s balcony. She was staring at the black cloud, from the rain. But it seems like the rain was still unfinished. Maybe tomorrow would be raining cat and dog. I myself don’t know. For today was already near to the raining season in Nevada. Rain was very seldom fall around the center line of earth. Nevada is located at north New Mexico. That’s pretty near to desert.
“Danielle, I am still confused,” I said. She looked at me, “I ran away from home,” she confessed. I frowned, puzzled. “Why?” I asked him, trying to figure out what’s wrong. “I need to get out of here now.” She continued and ran; she was about to gone downstairs. “Wait!” I said, running after her. She stopped.
It was a long silence as we heard the car of my father drove into the garage, under our house. It was pretty clear from my room’s balcony. He had returned home, for lunch, with my mother. They’ve enough working.
“Come Danielle, you got to meet my parents,” I suggested. I took her hand and led her downstairs.
My parents look surprised at first, to see the stranger inside our house, while Greg and Mike busy playing PS3 at the TV room.
“Mom, dad, I’d like you to meet, Danielle,” I introduced her to them. Greg and Mike look interested as they moved near her too. “Hi Danielle,” my mother replied, giving her warmest smile as she took her hands out, to shake hand.
“Nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs.—…” she said, unevenly since they haven’t introduced themselves yet. “It’s Smith. I am Jennifer and my husband, Arthur,” my mom quickly said, “Why not you stay with us for lunch?” my mom continued. “Actually, mom… Danielle was the one who saved my life. She pulled me away from where the quad bike fell,” I explained. Their face expression totally changed after they heard that.
“She was the one?” my father doubted. I nodded and they look very happy. They felt debt with her deeds. She smiled back at them.
Mom bought some lunch for us. “Dad said we have a guest. So I bought extra,” she said. Dad was always psychic winner. He could predict something that unexpectedly comes true. Maybe he do got the sixth sense.
The conversation in the dining room was all about Danielle. She said her parents dumped and she got no place to live anymore. How dare they dumped Danielle, she isn’t trash. My parents felt sympathy on her that they offered Danielle to stay with us, after she got job in Nevada.
“That’s a great idea, mom. She can sleep in my room. Remember the double bed? That was bought for guests? She can rest there…,” Gina said, happily. Since summer, she never got a friend to chat with since holiday since she was the only teenage girl in the house. That is why she’s acting like a boy. While Mike was still in primary school, he always plays around with Gina.
“Not only my parent, but the whole village,” Danielle suddenly spoke up. All of us surprised with that statement. Had she done crime? My mother asked her that question.
“No, I didn’t,” she suddenly stood up, “Excuse me,” she said and leave dining area. I tried to catch her up. She went outside of the house and started to cry.
“Why are you crying? Danielle?” I asked her softly. She continued her cry as she said, “I am a freak. Everybody hates me,” I am totally puzzled with the word freak. She’s normal I guessed, and even pretty.
“I don’t get it? Why they hated you so much,” I questioned her. “I am monster, Kurt. That’s why everybody scared of me. That’s why I ran away from everybody. I am harming them, I am making them uncomfortable!” she said fast but jagged, trying to confess everything to me. I am so shocked to hear that. A monster? Like, in X-men or any mutated human? But I remembered how she saved me, so I accepted her ability. There’s nothing to be scared of.
I put my arm on her shoulder, “That’s no big deal,” I said, even if I don’t know how powerful she was yet. “No” she said while snapping my hands of her. “I can’t stay here any longer. I could harm everyone in your family!” she said. “No, I’ll try to talk to dad and mom; I’ll never let you go. You’ve saved my life, and now it`s my turn to save yours,” I explained.
“You remember how your nightmare came true as we were down the cliff? That’s by me. I also remembered someone in your house got under my mind as well, it was when I am near to this house when I got here at Nevada,” she explained. It was maybe the flooding bathroom, also made by her.
“But your power only that? That’s nothing. Can you control it?” I asked her. “I can but sometimes it’s getting out of my mind and it’s uncontrollable,” she explained.
“Come on Danielle, we got to tell my parents,” I said, leading her hand to the dining room.
They were still eating, as if nothing had happened. I quickly told them everything about Danielle. My father was very interested on her ability, more psychic that he was. But I’m glad all of them accepted Danielle. They’ve never tested Danielle power yet. Everybody was so happy to meet Danielle.
Danielle and I were taking photo and I kept it in my wallet as if she was my girlfriend. Gina was agreed to lend her unused clothes. By tomorrow, I think Danielle can start working I don’t know where.
She was fine until the evening as Gina asked us to play tennis behind our house. The tennis court was already built and it’s free for everybody who lives in that residential area. Danielle was quite a beginner, as I observed her from the morning, she was very emotional. Maybe it was because her parents or the indigenous people that her so much because of her ability to projects illusion into people minds.
Gina was strucked by her illusion as she accidently hit the tennis ball to Danielle’s face, which made her emotion unstable for a while. The reflex action I assumed. Gina was screaming and yelling and it caught everybody attention. Mom and dad quickly ran to her and calmed her down while Danielle was holding her head, like trying to control her emotions and her power that had been.
“Danielle, calm down! Control your power!” I murmured to her. She looks trying so hard to stop whatever came into Gina’s mind. She won my sympathy. Greg ran from the bench to Danielle. He suddenly pushed Danielle backward, “What did you do to my sister, freak!” he said. I am so angry with his word that I couldn’t stop my hand from slapping him hardly on face. That was the first time I slap my brother in my whole life.
Danielle became more stressed as Mike began to cry of her illusion that had been sent to her. He screamed out loud. I touch Danielle’s shoulder and I’ve tried my best to stop her. Suddenly, it comes to an end as Danielle fainted, began to unconscious.

Three
“She’s dangerous, mom! I don’t want her live here, even for a while,” I heard Mike said. They were in the living room while Danielle was already conscious and resting in Gina’s room. Gina was so kind that she didn’t mad at Danielle. She was so grateful to meet her. But, after Mike experienced his worst nightmare, he couldn’t sit still. He badly didn’t want her to stay any longer in here. Molly was in the bedroom. I’m just wondering, why she couldn’t stop crying if Danielle came near to her. Was Danielle really a monster? I don’t even know.
“I am so sorry, Kurt. I can’t control it. You know better how hard I’ve tried to stop it but I just can’t,” Danielle confessed to me. She was crying. I don’t know what I could do; I just don’t know what decision I should make. Let her out of the house, or else.
Suddenly, my father called over me from the living room. I went downstairs and met him. “Kurt, are you sure you want to keep that girl here?” he asked me. “I’m sure dad. She saved my life. What if we wait until tomorrow? You know how terrible her life was, banned by her family and villagers… you don’t even pity on her?” I explained.
“The villagers got a point, Kurt. So do her parents. She was dangerous,” he said to me. I turn around, trying to ignore him. I still can wait until tomorrow. I wanted to help her, finding new homes and starting new life with her gift. I know it would be wonderful if she could control her mind power. She just needs to be happy. Too much emotion mixed could create stress, and I assumed that that was the factor why she was acting like that.
That night, before I sleep, I already set my alarm clock and my cell phone was beside me. The night was the hardest sleep for me. In spite of having so many nightmares that seemingly true, my parents suddenly wake me up and asked me to go downstairs.
“Kurt, do you know I was having my nightmare tonight? It could be because of Danielle,” he said, steadily. In a sudden, we heard Greg’s voice screaming, and after that, mom! What could have happened? Was Danielle behind it? I don’t think so. We quickly went to Greg’s room while mom was running to us.
“What? You’re having bad dreams?” dad said after he heard Greg’s explanation. So do mum’s
“No, I am sure it wasn’t a dream… it…it was so real!!!” Greg said. I quickly ran upstairs as I noticed Danielle was still sleeping there. I didn’t choose to disturb her. It was all safe now and it was only playing in their mind. But I tell you, it was so real that you can even heard to voice and smell of your imagination, even touch it.
Danielle may have ruined us all. I’m afraid that everyone in the house hate her. Just like her parents and the villagers. She was unfortunate to be born with that kind of ability. But I am sure she could control it somehow, I don’t know, she might just need to control her vital stress. So I went back to sleep as dad commanded so.
The alarm that I’ve set rang which made me quite awake. I took my alarm and look the face clock. I wondered if that time was already 6.30, or later than 6.30. The sun was so bright already that I’m so confused. As I observed the clock, I got the time wasn’t 6.30 but already 8.00! That was so late already. I am going to check up on Danielle. She supposed to awake right now.
After I knocked Gina’s bedroom’s door, I continued my step in after I pushed the door forward as I heard nobody answered.
“Danielle? Are you still sleeping?” I said but I stopped. I could see no extra bed on the floor. I quickly moved to see Gina’s wardrobe. She should’ve transferred her old clothing there.
But as I pull the knobs of the wardrobe, I could see nothing inside. I am started to angry. Had they changed my alarm clock and kicked Danielle out of house before I am awake. They are such craps! Didn’t they have heart to feel sympathy to her? She was just a troubled girl with some exotic ability—I mean unusual. I smashed the door behind me as I walked quickly downstairs.
I could hear their voice laughing while having conversation in the dining room. They laugh after they did this? Go to hell! I am so angry, just like I got so much curse words lingering in my head to be heard by them.
The door of the dining hall was pushed away by me as hard as I could.
“WHERE IS DANIELLE?!!” I shouted at them angrily. My adrenaline rush made me really uncontrollable now. “So I see... that’s why you told me to go to sleep! After changing my alarm clock and let me overslept, you kick her out! Son ****************!!” I cursed them in mocking voice, too. I just couldn’t take it anymore. Even if they want to make decision, they should’ve told me first. Danielle is my friend. I won’t take it lightly.
I saw my father quickly stood up, the friction between chair and table made an uncomfortable voice.
“Calm down,” he said steadily but very confused, “I am sorry Kurt but… we don’t know any Danielle!” he assumed. That sentence he just said really shocking me that I almost faint.
No Danielle? That wasn’t true. Danielle was so real. They may be only lying to me. I don’t believe what they said. Wait, Danielle picture in my wallet, they didn’t know I put it in there. So I checked my wallet. I hope that time, they are busted. But I could see none of her picture in it.
I heard dad footstep came to my room. I sat on my bed with my hand on my head; I try to remember everything in my head. What was happening? I… I…am so confused. Somebody please tell me.
“Kurt, don’t take it seriously. You were only dreaming!” dad said, sturdy. “How could you met anyone when you, on bed and I want to tell you that, you’re not waking up, after your quad bike accident remember?” he tried to help me remember. I am freaking puzzled… how could that be everything that I experienced was only a dream! I never had dream like that, I am seeing things, and I am sleeping, eating! That wasn’t a dream! But everything had gone… ho… how I could I… lose her! She’s my friend.
“By the way, today is Sunday, holiday, so I and mum don’t work, we can go to recreational place, if your neck is okay…” he suggested to me. ‘Sunday had passed yesterday’ I said to myself, trying to remember as much as I could yesterday—I mean, that night.
I heard of phone rang. It was in my trouser, hanging at the back of doors. I quickly went there and answered the phone. The voice from the phone froze me.
“Kurt… it’s me… Danielle. Help me… I don’t know where I am… and it’s so cold…,” a voice that familiar heard from the phone. Now I know they were lying to me! I quickly move to my dad and showed him my phone, “Look! She needs me! Why would you do that?” I jerked him angrily. He stared at the phone, frowned, “Kurt, I don’t understand,” he said as he took the phone off me, “You phone doesn’t even switched on, remember? your battery flattened,”
I took the phone from him and look at it by myself. Nothing was there on the screen phone. I gasped and I lose my grip on that phone which made it fall to the floor. What I’ve been thinking? Talking to phone with no battery? That’s freak, but it did rang! That’s never being an illusion! What happened to me? I am experiencing things that aren’t real.
I know something have had happened. I went to Gina, downstairs; she was in the dining room. I touched her back to greet her, but that was not the good way. Who care? I’m such desperate to find answers now.
“Gina… please, please don’t lie to me… where’s Danielle?” I slowly hissed at her while holding both of her shoulders, locking her on a side of wall. She stared at me horrified, I knew she was thinking like ‘What the hell wrong with my brother?’ But I just couldn’t let them kept lying to me. I knew Gina would never.
“Let go off me!” she said, snapping my hand off her. “You’re behaving rudely… I don’t know Danielle except my schoolmates in my first grade; Danielle Justine? Why on earth you suddenly ask about her, Kurt? What’s wrong with you,” she explained.
I didn’t know what I look like; I am like man on drug that forcing for money from strangers, perhaps. My face turned red and I am full of irrevocably curiosity that lurks for answer about what had happened to me. Was I dreaming like dad said? I’m so unsure.
It’s Sunday today and yesterday. I am totally freaked out, and the phone rang too, which made me almost crazy.
Suddenly I heard rain falling on the roof, just like yesterday, I mean in my dream. The rain had just started in Nevada. I quickly went to the TV room, Greg and Mike were there, watching TV happily while my mom was arranging flower in the same room.
“Oh crap! Everyone, check this out!” I heard Greg said, while he made the TV volume up. Mom stopped her work and look at what Greg asked for, me either. Gina too was quickly went there and watch. It was the weather forecast.
“Raining season in Nevada had just started. According to the meteorology of Nevada, rain will continue for 3 to 4 days. Everyone should take precautions for this by planning outdoor activities,” that’s what I heard from the TV. That was the first time in Nevada to have such rain, so long.
The rain was getting more vigorous, storm and thunder strike continuously, trying to beat each other with its own mightiness, non-stop. We were busy picking up clothes and closing windows and door. It is rare to have rain in Nevada, which almost reaches Mexico.
“No more tennis on evening,” Gina grumbled after finish listening to the weather forecast. Everyone seemed to be like… sad because we usually live an active live and rain was always there to stop us. Usually rain lasts just 2 hours or less than that, four to five times a month.
“Kurt… helps me..,” I heard Danielle’s voice suddenly. The voice was coming from the hallway upstairs! When I was already there, I saw the room was suddenly greenly-dark, water was dripping from the ceiling and Danielle was there at the end of hallway! What happened?

Four
I stared solidly at her. Her face was blue and faint, like she’s drowning or smoothing, I don’t know. She was making me scared. She faded little by little until she completely vanished in by the water drip. Then I heard she hissed for help again for me. I’m lost in illusion with her while the real world of me left behind. But I knew that Danielle was existed. But how could she do such things?
Ah! I remembered! I wanted to ask my dad on how I was save on my accident yesterday. I should really make it clearly detailed on how what I did yesterday. So I decided to ask Greg all about it. I went next to him; he was in his bedroom, reading unknown book on his own study table, corner of the room.
“Greg, I wanted to ask something,” I greeted him by those words, as I sat on his bed, just a step away.
“About what? Geography?” he joked around. He was always joking to me and I admit, he has strong sense of humor.
“About yesterday’s accident,” I confessed which made him a bit serious. He put his pen down and turns to me. “It was horrible,” he said shortly, “But not so horrible I guessed, since you just got some neck pain and little bruises on your legs,”
“How do you found me? By smoke?” I asked him. “No, dude! Not that smoke. We were looking all over for you, which made us wondered, if you having accident, your quad bike most of time should produce smoke that could easily be detected,” he explained, and continued, “But yours didn’t. We just saw your foot sole on one side of the cliff’s edges that Molly did by the morning, remember?” he continued, “But the most scaring fact that we observed that… there was two quad bikes. One is yours and the other? I don’t know,”
That was freak. I still remembered how the bike smoked and burning in front of me and Danielle and only one. I think I’m going to see therapist. I may be having some vital stress or some shock from the accident. I thought that was why I having hallucination over and over. So I drove by myself to our family therapist, at the Nevada Street District after I asked for permission from my dad and mom.
It was only 11.00 a.m. and I already arrived there. After Dr. Simon and I have some conversation to me, he examined my condition and I went to rehabilitation. When asked what my problem was, I didn’t tell him exactly that I see Danielle and having my house flooded. But I just said I was having hallucination. But I have to confess it all after he asked me, “What kind of illusion do you have? What do you see Kurt? Tell me all about it,”
“I saw a girl, I mean a young girl, likely to be ghost that kept wandering in our house, and having sound illusion when I heard her voice in a phone that switched off… it was bad. I can’t tell you the detail,” I said everything to her, “You know, this part is the freakiest, I experienced Sunday, yesterday… ha? What you can tell about it? I felt like alive already after the accident but the truth is I didn’t,” I said.
“Wh…What? You’re having this problem?” he asked in shock, and then he stood up checking in some files from his desk. “I am surprised because, your hallucination tells the same on this girl,” he said while he put the files in front of me. Her name was Melissa and she was having the same problem as me.
“You better talk to her about this. She came here two days ago, and she lived very near from this building. You see that building, she stays at 2nd floor, the 34th room, 2-34. She lives in the apartment, and I ever went there to help her out,” he said. “Right, she told me the girl’s she saw in illusion named… Danielle…,” he assumed.
What? Danielle? It was the same girl as mine. I should speak to her. Wait, I remember Greg said there were two bikes. Maybe that one was her. I thanked the therapist for the information and leaved. With new spirit, I regain energy to meet her. She may share with me some info.
So I walk hastily, in the heavy rain, crossing the busy streets and got there in ease, up to the elevator and straightaway went to the room, 406. I really hope she was there; I rang the bell of her house and waiting patiently outside.
In a minute, someone opened the door, a woman.
“You’re Melissa?” I asked at her curiously. She nodded. “I am Kurt Donner, and I wanted to talk to you about… Danielle,” I explained. She looked quite surprised. “Come in,” she invited. She got the model-shaped body with pale skin. She has perfectly arranged teeth which were white and shiny, azure eyes, blonde-short-shiny-straight hair and pair of long legs.
She invited me to have a seat on her couch while she prepared me some hot chocolate drink. She sat in front of me, on the other same patterned couch.
“I’ve seen her too,” She suddenly said. “The girl you just said, Danielle, she kept haunting me every day and I hope you came here for good to make her go away from my life,” she confessed.
“You got accident too?” I asked. She nodded while slurping her hot drink. “At the Barstow High Hill Racing,” she detailed me. “So you’re just the same as me,” I said. “I too see Danielle and I experienced a day of not-a-true-day,” I admitted. She looks so much interested. “Me too,” she said to me. She was like relieved for finding someone that fell into the same problem.
As I asked her what Danielle ask her to do, she said that she needs help. But she just couldn’t figure out, what type of help. Both of us don’t know what Danielle really wanted.
“If we want she stops haunting us, we should search for her and help her,” I assumed. “That’s impossible,” she said while putting down her cup to the coffee table. “I searched everywhere for her, in the internet, news, I even interviewed people. I felt like I’m so lost and, I don’t know what to do else and now I got to tell you that, stop wasting your time searching for her,” she explained, “She’s just a freak girl who doesn’t got enough attention and love, that’s why she’s so keen for love! Whenever someone falls to the deadly pits, she got ability to disturb them, she became friendly but she’s really monster that wanted some fun of disturbing people!” she exclaimed.
I knew how hard her life was, since that accident, just like me. But I won’t stop because I don’t want the rest of my life ruined by her. I got to do something. But after she shouted out that word, I began to lose percentages of my hope. I hope she was still alive.
“I hope she rot in hell!” she said to me. Tears began to flow upon her cheek. Just imagine how hard to take your nightmare every day. You’ll feel like crazy already.
“I am not…” suddenly a voice heard by me. I quickly stood and look around. I’m sure it was Danielle. Okay. She wasn’t real. I hope I stop imagining. “Melisa! Do you heard that?” I asked her inquiringly. She stared at me blankly.
“Heard what? You don’t say you just heard from her!” she hoped. “I do! I just heard her. She said she’s not!” I said with fear.
“I need you to help me…” she said again, but that time, she was there, emerged in front of me. Her pale face was so near to me that almost freaks me out. Then the room got flooded again. Melissa was out of my sight. I am wet and all of the furniture in the room wiped out by the huge wave of flooded water.
“Help,” I hissed, losing my ability to either talk or breathe. The water level just got to my nose and it’s killing me!
“Kurt… Kurt... Kurt” the slow hissing voice of Danielle was heard while I still holding my breath. But the voice gradually changes to Melissa’s.
“Kurt! Wake up! What happened to you?” Melissa voice was heard. Suddenly it all turn black and as I open my eyes again, I found myself lying on Melissa’s living room’s floor. She was in front of me, trying to make me conscious.
“You hallucinated again, huh?” she said to me, in relieved tone, observing that I am okay. I stood up and went to her window. I gazed at the heavy rain. Something tells me that she was trapped somehow. I don’t know. But I am sure she was alive.
Five
I ran back to home after that, with fear and anxiety inside me. I brought back some of those wet clothes and just threw it all in my room, ignoring all of my family questions, until I got to my room and lock it. I just hope they don’t mad at me for wetting the floor.
I went to shower myself and got to change. I’ve tried to erase everything that haunting me from inside, but I just couldn’t. Maybe it was the time I should talk this things to dad. He knows best for me. I mean—what use of researching all night long if his son’s problem’s too unsolved.
It was already 2 o’clock when I went to see him in his house office. I knocked the door for permission, as he approved me; I got near him and explain everything that had happened to me. He seems to be serious when hearing me. After I finished telling him, he asked me a few questions. I observed him and I knew he was proactive, he wrote everything I’ve explained in mind map.
After finish surveying me, he stood up and searched something in his drawer, all his files of mystery.
“Looks like, Danielle’s exist,” he insisted, “Check these out,” he said while throwing the files on the desk in front of me.
“Lucid dream?” I asked him as I saw those words upon the paper.
“Yes. Lucid dream happens when you feel you awake from your sleep but it’s actually false awakening. You might have these types of dream as you fainted yesterday. In a false awakening, one suddenly dreams of having been awakened. During this phenomenon, the room in which the dreamer falsely awakens is often similar to the room in which the person fell asleep. If the person was lucid, they often believe that they are no longer dreaming and may exit the room and begin their daily routine,”
“This can make lucid dreaming difficult, because it usually causes people to give up their awareness of being in a dream. However, it can also cause a dreamer to become lucid if the person does a reality check whenever he/she awakens,”
“People who keep a dream journal and write down their dreams upon awakening sometimes report having to write down the same dream multiple times as a result of this phenomenon. It has also been known to cause bed wetting as one may dream that they have awoken to go to the bathroom, but in reality are still dreaming,”
“The makers of induction devices such as the Nova Dreamer and the REM Dreamer recommend doing a reality check every time you awake so that, when a false awakening occurs, the dreamer becomes lucid. People using these devices have most of their lucid dreams triggered through reality checks upon a false awakening. Do you understand?” he explained, and then asked me as if I am his student in school.
“I do understand. But what’s wrong with Danielle. How can she kept haunting me and leaving messages to save her?” I asked him in reverse.
“As for Danielle, she may be having astral projection upon you, where as she is living and she needs your help very much. It may because she’s trapped somewhere. Her relentless spirit wanders to find victim. If she got someone in contact, she’ll hope it was the only chance for her to survive. You got it?” he explained.
Now I understand. She had been needed my help and I got to do everything to help her, meanwhile to stop the haunting image following me everywhere. Which made my nightmare comes true.
“But Kurt, listen! This may be only my inference. You’ve told me her look like drowning and everything, she might just have died drowned, and wander as the are-we-die-yet spirit ghost. She was unsure if she’s already death or not,”
I quickly went out from the room after that and think of something. If dad’s first inference was true, how can I save her? I should tell everything to Melissa. She might have something to help me. So I drove myself back at her apartment. As I greeted her, she looks unhappy. She had enough of ghost of Danielle. She took every medication to stop her mind from hallucinating her.
“You can’t Melissa. You can’t do this to yourself!” I gave her suggestion. “You’re killing yourself!” I continued. She just couldn’t stop crying. Her eyes got sign of insomnia.
“You just don’t know what will happen to you day after day. You’ll get sick and tired of imagining it! I’ve been able to be patient for 2 days and I just can’t take it anymore!” she cried out loud.
“The only way to stop this is to do whatever she asked for!” I exclaimed. “She needs our help so we must obey!”
“No, she can go to hell!” she cried. I am starting to be mad. I took my hand put it harshly over both of her shoulders and shake her. I tried to wake her up from her deep emotional self.
“Come on Mel, you got to do it. Look in my eyes! Diminish every fear you’ve once experienced!” I ordered. “No! No! You go by yourself!” she sobbed.
“Fine then, I’ll go and check her at Barstow. I’ll go to the place where I am having accident and if you don’t want to come, she’ll keep haunting you!” I warned and stormed out of the room.
I ran back home and search the internet. I really got no time to do that actually, but there was nowhere for me to find put where on earth she was. I remember she said that she live in an indigenous village at Barstow. I should really check on any tribes living there. I found out no such thing online about that one. I am so confused. In my dream, she really had said she lives somewhere around there and she pointed that area.
“Hey bro, what’s up?” suddenly I heard Greg’s voice coming from behind of me. “There’s no time for joke, Greg. I’m not in good mood right now,” I explained. He took a closer look at the screen of the laptop that I am using.
“Indigenous in Barstow? Come on Kurt, there’s no such thing. I’ve been taking Geographical major in college and I have been studying USA for 3 years,” he bragged. I am distracted by him. He may know the Native Americans population and where about in USA.
“You know any tribes of Indigenous people near Barstow?” I asked him. He looked up and tried to think.
“You may look Cheyenne tribes a Boulder, Colorado. It was the only indigenous tribe that still active in cultural around this area,” he suggested. Seriously, I am not so good in driving far away from home, especially Colorado; I’ve never been there since I was 10.
“Then please, take me to there now!” I demanded. He looks quite interested and not burdened.
“By the way why?” he asked me in return. “You heard from dad about a girl that I dream about, she may be there,” I answered. He seems to be confused. In his head, I know, ‘what wrong with him? Too concern about his dream?’, but I just ignore any type of words that could stop me from finding her. I won’t stop and I believe that she was out there somewhere, alive.

I sat on my car and ready to get to Boulder, Colorado. It was near to 3 o’clock when I and Greg drove out of Nevada. The heavy rain was still continuing as I advice Greg to cautiously went there, trying to prevent any unwanted accident.
I don’t know how long it takes to get there. As I remember, my father phoned me and he was asking me where was me by that time. I said that I am going to Colorado with Greg. I hope I could find her there.
As more than 2 hour passed, we arrived at Denver, Colorado; the rain there wasn’t so heavy at that time, it left only drizzle. It was not easy to get in the indigenous village as we gone through mud, lumps and uneven road.
At last, we arrived at the village. I studied the place as I could see the village was quiet.
It was not the same as in my mind I was thinking. I thought it would be only teepees and no stone building. I was quite last-season type of person which I am not really studying places around me well.
But the indigenous village there packed with electric and stone building. Asphalt road and dusty surrounding. But it’s not civilized than other village. We took shelter from rain, at one public phone area and a wood hut. The phone and hut were quite vandalized.
“How can we possibly find her house, if she does exist?” Greg threw me an unanswered question to me.
Suddenly, a public phone rang and I am puzzled, wondering how a public phone could ring? But it leaves me no choice but to answer the call. I put the phone slowly upon my right ear.

“Kurt! Kurt! It’s getting late… I am dying…,” a familiar voice hissed me. It was Danielle. “Danielle! Danielle! Where are you? Please answer me!” I shouted at it. Then a long engaged sound was heard, like she was hanging the phone up.
“Greg! She needs our help quickly! She said there was no time left and we got to be quick!” I commanded in worry. He moved closer to me and observed the phone.
“Kurt, you should really see a doctor,” he murmured to me as he lifts up the wire of phone that had been cut. The phone was completely broken! I am so shocked by that, yet I heard it once again. I am so speechless. I frowned and shook my head.
I took a glance at that place then I saw there was a yellow page book of the village. So I took the book and search for clue. What I saw next, was something that might really help us.

read the next part...
If you can't fly, then run. If you can't run, then walk. If you can't walk then crawl. No matter how hard it is, just keep moving forward.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:33 pm
Light_Devil! says...

Hey there,

To be perfectly honest, no one is going to read these blocks of writing. First of all, split your story into chapters. Second of all, ensure you've selected the correct formatting. After you've done those two things your writing will become immediately more appealing to anyone and everyone.

Have A Nice Day,
Azrael.
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:00 pm
Calligraphy says...

Hi 23! So, I see that you are new to the site. How do you like it so far? At first YWS can be a bit big and complicated, but it just takes time to explore each part.

Like Light_Devil said sometimes it can be a bit much to read such huge amounts of writing. This looks like it is five whole chapters and 9,637 words! That is a lot to read! Reviewers on YWS will be overwhelmed by such a huge chunk of writing, and even though we don't like it most of us have school, work, or both to do before YWS. With this much writing you probably won't get many reviews. I am only going to review part one of this myself.

Another way to get more reviews is give small summaries of parts. That way, as you post more chapters, those who haven't read all the parts will still have an idea of what is going on. This allows them to review the storyline too!

I am also wondering what this is a fanfic of. Fanfiction stories are stories that people write that are based off famous/published novels, poems, or any other type of writing. If this isn't a fanfic you can P.M. me and I will have it moved for you. But, if it is then it would be nice to know what it is based of so we aren't lost.

The first thing I noticed when I started to review this was your tenses. They all seemed a big muddled. Another thing I noticed was your sentences. None of them were phrased exactly right. They were all just a bit off. Is English your first language? For example your first paragraph:

We’ve been planned it since week ago. But the day, full of excitement I guessed, finally came. All of us in our family were going to The High Hill Racing, Barstow, California. I think it is the best place for rally motorbike racing, the cliffy road, dangerous route, high and dusty! I just simply couldn’t wait any longer.

It would sound a lot clearer like this:

We've been planning it for a week now. But the exciting day had finally come I guess. My whole family is going to The High Hill Racing in Barstow, California. I think it is the best place for rally motorbike racing because of the dangerous, high route.

Now, I'm not saying this is the best or only way you could say this, but I feel like I fixed a few problems. First, you were going between present and past tenses. I also thought a few of the sentences were structured in ways that were confusing.

Now, I would make this longer, but I have to go. If you have any questions P.M. me. I would also love to know if you fix some of these problems. Then I would love to give a longer review.

Hope I helped,

Calli

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights