Young Writers Society

Celebrity Crush

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:29 pm
Paramore94 says...

Chapter 1
Luck at Les Deux
I’ve always had a crush on Lauren Conrad and Lo Bosworth. I have pictures of them hung up in my room. Pictures of them on The Hills and ones of them from back when they were on Laguna Beach. I know it’s weird for guys to watch reality shows like that but ever since I saw a picture of them in a magazine, I was hooked. Those girls were beautiful.
On my attempt to actually meet them, I moved out to L.A. and spent most of my nights at Les Deux, where they usually hung out. One night, I finally had the opportunity to meet them. I walked through the doors at Les Deux and spotted two young ladies that looked similar to Lauren and Lo. When I took a better look, I noticed it was them. My palms got really sweaty as I walked toward them. I felt like I was going to pass out. When I got to the bar, I sat down next to Lauren. I ordered a drink and waited as the bartender got it for me. I was trying to act cool and not show them how nervous I was. I glanced over at the girls and saw that Lo was staring at me. My heart began to race. I smiled at her and she turned away.
When the bartender set my drink down in front of me, I glanced over at Lauren just in time to catch Lo whispering something in her ear. Lauren looked over at me and I smiled. To my surprise, she smiled back. I stirred my drink. I guess I was acting kind of shy because just then, Lo asked me, “Are you shy?” I looked over at her, “No. Well Kind of. It’s just that, I’m a huge fan of both of you and meeting you is like a dream come true.” I knew I sounded lame right as those words came out of my mouth. Lo and Lauren looked at each other. “You’re really that big of a fan,” Lauren asked while I took another sip from my drink. I nodded and she smiled. Wow she had a beautiful smile.
“Are you hitting on us,” Lo said while I examined Lauren. Lauren turned to her quickly. “Lo! Don’t ask him that!” I laughed and Lo answered, “Seems like he is though. I mean look at him, he won’t stop staring at you.” My face reddened. She was right; I couldn’t stop staring at Lauren. Lauren turned back to me. “Hey what’s your name?” I took another drink. I must be really nervous because I’ve never drank this much in a matter of minutes. “I’m Jestin. Jestin Vance.” Lo laughed. “That’s the weirdest name I have ever heard!” I nodded. She was kind of right actually. I was the only Jestin Vance that I knew. “I’m going to call you J.V. Is that alright with you Jestin?” Lo had stopped her laughter to ask me this. I thought about it for a second and nodded. Now it would sound like Lo was talking to some new brand of a television set.
“Lo will probably call you that but I’ll just call you Jestin,” Lauren said as Lo turned back to the bartender to order herself another drink. I smiled and told her, “You don’t have to do that if you don’t want to L.C.” Why did I just call her L.C.? Was I stupid? She doesn’t even like to be called that. She didn’t seem to mind it though. “Well fine then J.V.” She smiled sweetly after she said this. Wait, was she flirting with me? I wasn’t the type Lauren Conrad usually fell for was I?
“How old are you,” She finally asked me. “I’m twenty-four.” She nodded and said, “Oh really? Me too.” I already knew that but I didn’t say anything. It would probably sound a little stalker-ish. “Can I ask you something Lauren?” I stirred my drink kind of afraid to ask her anything. She looked sort of confused but said, “Yeah, go ahead.” I sighed. “Could I get your number? I mean you don’t have to if you don’t want to. I probably am just¬¬—“ She started to laugh. Oh great, she thought I was stupid! “Relax Jestin. Here’s my number. You know, maybe you shouldn’t try so hard. It makes you look sort of pathetic.” I signaled the bartender for another drink. “Yeah you’re probably right.” I looked over at her and saw that Lo was laughing. I forgot she was sitting there listening to this whole thing. “Lo what are you laughing at,” Lauren turned to her and asked. Lo turned away trying to control her laughter. “J.V. is trying way too hard!” I just sat there feeling kind of stupid. Lauren turned back to me and mouthed, “I’m so sorry.” I shrugged and once I finished my drink, I got up to leave. Lauren touched my arm right as I was walking away which sent chills up my spine. “Make sure you call me or text,” she said when I turned around to face her. I smiled at her and said, “You can definitely count on that.” She smiled and made her way back to Lo.
When I walked out of Les Deux, I immediately started texting Lauren. I don’t know why because I had just left. I punched the message into my blackberry.
To: Lauren Conrad
Subject: Soon?
Hey I know that I just left but I hope to see you soon!
---Jestin
I walked toward my car and a few minutes later, a message popped up on my phone. Of course, it was from Lauren.
To: Jestin Vance
Subject: RE: Soon?
We could probably arrange that :)
---Lauren
Her reply made my heart skip a beat. Was Lauren Conrad actually into me?
I pulled into my driveway and got out of the car. Another message popped up on my phone.
Subject: RE: RE: Soon?
How about tomorrow night? We could go down to the beach if you want.
---Lauren
A smile came across my face. My hands were shaking as I texted back.
Subject: RE: RE: RE: Soon?
Is Lo going to be there too?
---Jestin
I stepped into the house and set the keys on the counter in the kitchen. My phone went off as soon as I set it down.
Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: Soon?
Nope just you and me.
---Lauren
Was I dreaming? Was I really going to go out with Lauren Conrad? I couldn’t stop smiling. I texted her back quickly.
Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Soon?
Great =] When should I pick you up tomorrow?
---Jestin
I was so excited. I wished it was tomorrow already. I paced back and forth with a huge smile on my face and butterflies in my stomach as I waited for her to reply. I walked into my room and sat down on the bed. My phone went off once again while I was thinking about Lauren.
Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Soon?
Maybe around five? I have some things to get done at home and I have to find a way to make Lo let me go. She is like my mom lol. But I think she likes you (in a friend kind of way) so I’m sure I can get out without her bugging me. :)
---Lauren
I laughed. Lo seemed like she would be pretty protective of Lauren. But she didn’t need to worry. I would never do anything to Lauren.
Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Soon?
Good. =] I don’t know what I’d do if she didn’t let me see you.
---Jestin
I gazed out my window and thought about how lucky I was. I mean, who else would ever have the opportunity like I do? I just got lucky by moving out to L.A. and going to Les Deux that certain night. I did believe in miracles now.
As I was staring at the stars, another message came up.
Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Soon?
I know me neither :) I’d be very sad!
---Lauren
I smiled at this. Okay now I was seeing that she liked me. I wrote back with an honest answer.
Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Soon?
So would I Lauren. So would I.
---Jestin
I pulled the covers over my self and sunk into my bed. I put the phone on the nightstand and began to close my eyes. Today was a pretty tiring day. All the excitement wore me out. Just as I was about to turn over and fall into a deep sleep, my phone started to beep.
Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Soon?
Good night Jes! :) I’ll be dreaming about you. :)
---Lauren
I smiled and wrote her back one last time before going to sleep.
Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Soon?
Good night sweetie. I’ll be dreaming about you too. I can’t wait until tomorrow.
---Jestin
I stared at the ceiling and started to think about Lauren. Man, she was beautiful. I wished tomorrow was already here. I drifted off into a deep sleep with the thoughts of Lauren in my head.
Chapter 2
I wouldn’t lie to you
When I woke up in the morning, I had four voice mails and three texts. Two of the texts were from Lauren and the other I was guessing was from Lo since it had said,
Subject: Pick Her Up
Hey J.V.! Lauren can’t wait to see you!
---LoBosworth
The ones from Lauren said,
Subject: Sorry!
Lo stole your number from my phone. I’m sorry!
---Lauren
Subject: Wake Up!!!!!!!
Wake up sleepy head! :)
---Lauren
My voice messages were from Lauren and my brother. Lauren’s message had said, “Pick me up earlier than five if you can.” and the other one had said, “Jes, wake up already! I want to talk to you!” Her messages made me laugh. I didn’t even bother to listen to my brother’s messages. They were probably something stupid anyway.
I called Lauren right away and she picked up on the third ring.
“Hello?”
“Guess who,” I said with a laugh.
“Hey Jes! It’s about time you got up!”
“Yeah I know. So when would be good? Would 1:30 be fine,” I asked her referring to our beach date.
“Yeah that would be great.” I smiled even though she couldn’t see me.
“Great! I’ll see you then.”
“See you then. Bye!”
We hung up and I sat up in bed. I stretched and looked at the clock. 12:15! Whoa, I better get ready fast. I got up and went to jump in the shower. I didn’t take too long so I should be on time. When I got out, I pulled on a plain old T-shirt and some ripped jeans. I had to put on my hat too. I didn’t leave the house unless I had my hat on because then my hair would go all over the place. The last thing I put on was my cologne. I had to smell great for Lauren. When I was all finished, I looked at the clock. Oh great, it was already 1:20! I rushed out the door so I wouldn’t be late. I started the car and pulled out of the driveway. Just as I turned the corner, my phone started ringing. It was Lo.
“Hey Lo,” I said to her just as I turned on to Lauren’s street.
“Yeah, yeah hey. Where are you?!” I sped up because I knew this meant that Lauren was freaking out.
“I’m almost there. Tell Lauren that I’m just a few houses down and that I’m so sorry.” I could hear Lauren in the background say, “What if he’s not coming? Lo did you talk to him?” I couldn’t help but laugh. I heard Lo say, “Yeah, he’s on the phone right now. Actually, I think he just pulled in.” I hung up the phone because since I was here now, I really didn’t need to talk on the phone anymore.
As I got out of the car, Lauren ran out of the house. “Oh, thank God! I thought you weren’t coming!” I hugged her then said, “Of course I was coming Lauren. I wouldn’t lie to you.” Lo came out and was smiling. “I like this guy Lauren,” she said, “He is cute, sweet, and he treats my best friend the way she deserves to be treated.” I smiled at her. “Thanks Lo. I appreciate that.” She nodded slightly and went back inside. I turned back to Lauren and asked her softly, “You ready?” She nodded. “I’m sorry I freaked out Jestin. I was just worried that you weren’t going to come.” I walked her to the car and opened the door for her. “Hey, I told you I was coming didn’t I? I say I’m going to do something, I do it. I wouldn’t lie to you Lauren.” She looked at me and smiled. “Thanks and you know, Lo is right. I mean, you are very sweet and everything and you treat me like nobody else ever has.” Why would anyone want to treat her any differently? She was perfect. I laughed and said to her, “That’s just how I am.”

Chapter 3
You’re So Famous
I drove to the beach and shut the car off. I sighed and looked at Lauren. “Something wrong,” she asked me with what looked like true concern. I shrugged. “Nope not at all. I’m just really nervous. You’re an amazing girl. Seriously, I have never met anyone as perfect as you are.” She laughed and said, “I’m not perfect Jes.” I smiled and reached for her hand. “To me you are.”
When we finally got out of the car, we were already starving but we walked around for a while anyway. The paparazzi were snapping pictures of us every chance that they could get. I whispered in Lauren’s ear, “Can we please go?” She whispered back, “I thought you’d never ask.” She squeezed my hand and we walked back to the car. Of course, the paparazzi had to keep following us. I was never going to get used to this. I took her to some cheesy little restaurant that she probably would never think of going and as soon as we walked through the door, I felt really stupid for bringing her here. “Sorry I can’t afford much. I mean, obviously because I took you to this shitty place but I’m really trying to impress you.” Lauren smiled before saying, “Remember Jes, you try too hard.” I laughed and we found a table to sit at.
When we got done eating and got the check, we walked outside to face more of the hectic paparazzi. I sighed and I guess Lauren sensed my annoyance because she grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the car. I don’t understand how they don’t faze her. “God, I hate those guys,” she said as she closed the door. I laughed. “I thought you’d be used to it since you’re so damn famous.” She smiled at me and said, “Just because I’m ‘famous’ as you would put it, doesn’t mean I’m used to people taking pictures of me everywhere I go.” I nodded. “I get what you’re saying.” I started the car and drove her back home.
Chapter 4
Will You Go?
I could see Lo looking out the window when I pulled up. I pretended she wasn’t there. “So a second date,” I asked Lauren with a slight grin. She smiled and I took that as a yes. I opened her door and hugged her when we got to the door. “Good night Lauren. I had a really great time with you tonight.” She looked up at me and said, “Good night Jestin. I had a great time with you too. We should do this again soon.” She smiled and just as I was about to kiss her good night, Lo opened the door. She stood in the doorway with her arms crossed and looked at us with a little grin on her face. “Okay you love birds; it’s past your bed times.” I laughed and hugged Lauren once again. “See you later,” I said to her. “See you later,” she replied softly. Lo waved and I turned to walk back to my car.
Just as I sat down and started the engine, a text came up from Lauren.
Subject: Brother?
Lo wants to know if you have a twin brother lol :)
---Lauren
I laughed. Oh jeez, Lo was such a nerd. Why didn’t she just ask me herself? She obviously had my number.
Subject: RE: Brother?
Lol no but I do have a brother.
---Jestin
I pulled into my driveway and went inside the house. To my surprise, my brother was laying on the couch. I threw my keys at him to wake him up. “What are you doing here,” I asked him when he finally opened his eyes. He stretched and looked at his watch. “I’ve been waiting here since 2:30 dude. Where were you at?” I smiled at the thought of Lauren. “I was out. Hey, you still didn’t answer my question. Why are you here?” He sat up on the couch and started fixing his hair. “Didn’t you get my messages,” he asked me seriously. Now, I was starting to get worried. “I got them; I just didn’t listen to them. Why?” He sighed and looked at me. “I just wanted to chill with you dude.” He had me worrying for now reason. I smacked the back of his head and said to him, “I got more important people to see than hang out with you!” I kicked off my shoes and sat down next to him. “A girl is it,” he asked while I checked my phone. I smiled then laughed and said, “Yeah man a girl. She’s beautiful and just so, perfect.” My brother punched me. “You’re gay Jes,” he said jokingly.
My phone vibrated in my pocket. It was Lauren of course.
Subject: RE: RE: Brother?
She wants to know if he’s cute, how old he is, and what his name is. You know, I have no idea why she isn’t asking you all this herself.
---Lauren
I laughed and my brother turned to me. He had a weird look on his face when I finally looked up at him. “My friend wants to meet you. Would it be okay if you and her went on a double date with me her friend that I’ve been seeing?” He started to smile then said, “Is she hot?” I laughed and looked over at him again. “Yeah man she’s pretty. Don’t worry, I’m not setting you up with another Helga Bumptreeter.” We both laughed. Helga Bumptreeter was this huge, hairy, weird chick that my friend Jeremy and I had met in a bowling alley one night. We had set up a blind date for my brother with Helga and when he got home that night, he was not too happy with me. “Oh man, that was horrible! So what’s this girl’s name,” he asked me once we stopped laughing. “Her name is Lo. Well actually it’s Lauren Bosworth but—“ he stopped me short. “Lo?! Dude that’s the girl from The Hills right?” I nodded. “Yeah and my date is Lauren Conrad.” His jaw dropped. “Seriously?! Wow man, we’re so lucky!” Well I already knew that. “So will you go,” I asked him after a while. I texted Lauren back after I asked him that.
Subject: RE: RE: RE: Brother?
Would a double date tomorrow night be good? Oh and his name is Dylan and he is twenty-six.
---Jestin
My brother jumped up. “Are you kidding?! Of course I’ll go. Man, you’re insane if you didn’t think I would go.” His voice kind of trailed off. My phone vibrated once more.
Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: Brother?
Yeah that would be perfect! :) Lo said she’d go. Oh and she also said his name makes him sound sexy lol.
---Lauren
I walked into my room and fell into the bed. I took my hat off and my phone vibrated again. This time, it wasn’t Lauren. It was my ex-girlfriend, Alexis.
Subject: Wow!
Hey Jestin! How have you been? I haven’t talked to you in a while.
---Lexi
I was confused. Why was Alexis texting me? After all these years of not speaking to each other, why would she choose now? There was a reason for us not talking.
I thought about texting Lauren and telling her about Alexis but got too nervous. What was I going to say? I put my phone on the night stand and dozed off without texting anyone back.
Chapter 5
Alexis?!
My alarm clock went off at 7:15 the next morning. Great, I had an interview in five minutes. I guess it went off before but I must’ve pressed the ‘snooze’ button a bunch of times. I picked up my phone and saw that Alexis kept texting me and so had Lauren. I bet she thought I was mad at her or something. I don’t know how girl’s minds work. I had three messages from Lauren and a few from Alexis that I didn’t even bother to read. All the messages from Lauren were along the same line pretty much asking, “Are you mad at me?” I sighed and stretched. I sat up in bed and heard a knock on my door. “Come in,” I yelled to whoever was at my door. I was guessing it was my brother since he is the only one in my house at this moment. Well, that I know of anyway. Dylan came in my room and sat on the bed. “Hey little brother, what’re you doing,” he asked with a smile on his face. I gave him a weird look. “I just woke up. What’re you doing?” I got up to go get in the shower and he started following me. “Dude get out I’m getting in the shower!” I pushed him so he would get out faster. Once he got out, I got undressed and got into the shower. About a few seconds later, I heard him yell, “Lauren is calling you; Do you want me to answer it?” Knowing he would probably say something to embarrass me, I told him, “No. I’ll call her back when I get out.” I sighed. Why was I ignoring her? I really like her and everything so why did I not want to talk to her?
I got out of the shower and stood in the bathroom for a while trying to get my mind straight. Finally, I walked out and sat on the bed. What was I going to do about Alexis? Just tell her to leave me alone? I wasn’t that mean. Just as I was thinking, my phone went off. Oh great! Hopefully it wasn’t Lauren. Wait, what am I saying?! I want it to be Lauren even though I don’t know what to tell her about Alexis. Anyway, I picked up on the third ring.
“Hello,” I said into the phone. I got up and walked toward the closet.
“It’s about time you answered. Are you mad at me or something,” she sounded kind of sad and worried. I sighed and told her, “No I’m not mad at you. Why would I be? I was just kind of confused last night because my ex-girlfriend texted me last night and I haven’t talked to her in forever and I didn’t want you to get the wrong idea or anything about it so I didn’t text you or call because, well because I might say something to make it sound like something else. Do you know what I’m trying to say?” There was a long, awkward silence as I waited for her reply. “I’m just glad you aren’t mad at me. Yeah, you don’t have to worry about that. It’s not like we’re dating Jes.” She laughed which kind of made me upset because I took that as she just thought of us as friends. She continued to speak, “So what did she say?” There was a sigh of relief as I began to talk. “She just asked how I was; Nothing big actually. I never answered her and she tried calling me a bunch of times too.”
I opened my door and went into the kitchen where Dylan was eating some cold pizza. “Dude, is that Lauren?! Let me talk to her!” He managed to say this while chewing and reaching for my phone. I pushed him away while he was still trying to grab the phone out of my hand. “Sounds like an interesting conversation right now,” Lauren said while laughing. I don’t know what it is about her but every time she laughs, I laugh too. Dylan grabbed my phone and practically yelled into it, “Hey this is Dylan, what’s up?!” I could see the excitement on his face as he spoke to her. He’s just excited to be talking to the beautiful Lauren Conrad. I tried grabbing my phone back but every time I tried, he just moved farther away. “So I’ll see both of you tonight? Great! Bye!”
He hung up the phone and I glared at him. I guess he didn’t notice because he said, “Oh my God! I just talked to Lauren Conrad!” He had a huge smile on his face so I rolled my eyes and pushed him which almost made him fall out of the chair. Right at that moment, I remembered I had that interview. Well, I was already an hour late so what was the use of trying to go now? A text came up on my phone.
Subject: Tonight!!!!
I can’t wait to see you tonight! :)
---Lauren
Her message made me smile and get butterflies in my stomach. God, that was so lame. I’m twenty-four years old and I dude! I shouldn’t be getting “butterflies” in my stomach. What, was I in middle school again? I replied quickly.
Subject: RE: Tonight!!!!
Neither can I! I miss you!!! =]
---Jestin
I looked over at my brother who had been sitting there staring at me this whole time. He gave me a weird look. “What,” I said while trying to keep a straight face. He shook his head. “Nothing at all,” he said while turning away but I caught a slight smile on his face. I laughed and turned to go sit on the couch.
Dylan came over and sat next to me. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. “What’s Lo’s number?” I laughed and told him and as soon as he punched the numbers into his phone, he got up and started texting. Another text popped up on my screen.
Subject: RE: RE: Tonight!!!!
I miss you too :)
---Lauren
I lay my head down on the end of the couch and dozed off to sleep.
When I woke up, it was already 5:43. My brother didn’t even bug me which is very surprising. He must be too busy texting Lo. I stretched and sat up. The T.V. was on and an episode of The Hills was on. I laughed as an image of Lauren and Lo came up. “Hey Jestin, are you up now,” Dylan yelled from the other room. I yawned and answered him. “Yeah, why?” He came into the room with his phone in his hands and sat down next to me. “Lo said to pick her and Lauren up and 7:15.” I nodded; sounded good to me. As long as I got to see Lauren I was fine with whatever time. He jumped back up and turned back to me. “I got to go get something to wear. I’ll be back soon.” He smiled and I waved. “I couldn’t wait until 7:15.
Chapter 6
Leave Me Alone!
When he finally got back, it was 7:05. “Dude, what took you so long? You’ve got ten minutes,” I said to him when he walked through the door. “I know man; I’m going.” “Hurry,” I yelled to him as he turned to go into the bathroom.
He came out just three minutes after and we were ready to go. Dylan couldn’t stop jumping with excitement. He talked the whole way to the girls’ place. When we finally pulled into their driveway, he had nothing left to say. “You want to come with me to the door,” I asked him. He shook his head. Now he was starting to get nervous and shy. I laughed and got out of the car. When I knocked on the door, I heard the car door shut and saw my brother coming toward me. “You decided to come,” I asked him with a smile. He nodded but still said nothing.
Lauren came to the door and Lo was right behind her. I guess she was excited to see what Dylan really looked like because she practically knocked Lauren over when she ran to the door. She was staring at Dylan and Dylan was staring at her. I’m assuming he was a little star-struck because all he did was stand there with his jaw down to the ground. “Well this is interesting,” I said after a long silence. Lauren laughed which was a good sign that this would be a pretty good night. “Yeah sure is. Are you guys ready to go now,” she asked mostly talking to Lo and Dylan. They nodded and I was surprised that they actually were paying attention enough to hear her. The whole way to the car, Dylan did not take his eyes off Lo.
I reached for Lauren’s hand and led her to the car. “Hey Dylan, do you want to drive?” He looked at me and I could tell he was shocked. He knew I would never let him drive my car but tonight, I would since I just wanted to be with Lauren. “Sure,” he said finally. I handed him the keys and all four of us piled into the car.
We blared the radio to the amazing band, Blink 182. Lauren looked over at me and we both smiled at each other until I leaned in to kiss her. Hopefully I wasn’t making a fool out of myself because this is only our second date. But it was going pretty well because she leaned in too. But just as our lips touched, we hit a pot hole and our heads, noses, and lips hit one another. We both grabbed our noses and said in unison, “Oww!” Lo turned around then. “Trying to make out in the backseat while going over a pot hole didn’t wok so well for you did it?” Lauren and I laughed and I shook my head. “Oooh! My favorite song,” Lo said while turning back around to turn the radio up even louder.
I looked over at Lauren and whispered in her ear, “Sorry about that. We can try again if you want to.” I had a silly little grin on my face. God, I was really acting like a middle school kid. She looked at me and smiled. She bit her bottom lip and leaned in. I took this as a yes. This time, it was a success. No pot holes or Lo turning around to yell at us. None of that. Just her and me in that perfect moment.
In the middle of kissing her, my phone went off. Well, I was just kissing Lauren and Dylan was driving so he wouldn’t be texting and Lo was too busy singing her pretty little heart out so it probably wasn’t her either. I pulled away from Lauren and said, “Sorry, my phone keeps going off.” She nodded and smiled. “Then answer it dork.” I kissed her again and finally answered the phone.
“Hey this is Jestin,” I said to make Lauren laugh. I tapped my brother on the shoulder and signaled him to turn the radio down. “Yeah I know, that’s why I called.” It was Alexis. I looked at Lauren who was looking at me confused. “This is Alexis, right?” Dylan sighed. He knew that Alexis liked to start drama. “Yes it is. What are you doing tonight? Do you want to meet up?” The phone was on speaker so everyone could hear. “Tell that bitch that you’re on a date,” Lo yelled. “Who the hell is that,” Alexis said to me. I looked at Lauren and told her I was sorry but she turned away. I think she was mad or something. Hopefully she wasn’t though. “Alexis, I’m on a date right now. Stop calling me and texting me. Leave me alone; I’m over you! Stop trying to get me back!”
Right after I said that, she hung up. Lo gave me a high-five. “Go Jes! You told that bitch!” I laughed and said, “Yeah, I guess I did. I’m on a date that I don’t want to ruin and with Alexis, she would try to ruin this perfect night.”
I looked over at Lauren and she was smiling teasingly. “What,” I asked her with a hint of confusion in my voice. “Perfect night huh? Why’s that?” She was teasing me. So I went along with her and said, “Maybe because I’m with you.” Lo turned around and had a smile on her face. “Aww,” she said then a few seconds later, her smile faded and she said, “Cheesy!” All of us laughed; even Dylan who hadn’t really said anything the whole ride.
Chapter 7
Double Date

“Are you ready to eat,” I asked Lauren as we crawled out of the car. She nodded and smiled up at me. “Let’s go.” I smiled and took her hand in mine. Of course, the paparazzi were waiting for our entrance. “Why do these guys have to be everywhere I go?!” I could tell she was annoyed by the way she asked this. “They love you. But, who could blame them. You’re a great girl.” I looked at her and she kissed me. The paparazzi went crazy. Flashing lights came in patterns. One right after the other. Questions swirled all around. “Lauren who is he? Can we get another kiss for the cameras? Come on! Over here Lauren!”
Luckily, Lo pushed past them and made a path for all of us. Dylan followed right behind her of course. He was acting like a lost puppy. Following lo everywhere she went. I bet if he was allowed to, he’d even follow her into the bathroom. I’d never seen him act like that with a girl before. It was actually pretty funny. And I thought I was acting like a little kid.
“This way to your table please.” The waitress led us toward the back in a “secret” corner and sat us at a table. “Can I get you guys something to drink?” I looked at the menu to see if they had any good drinks beside the fountain drinks. All they had were shitty ones. “Water will be fine for me,” I said to her. Lauren glanced at the menu for a while too. ‘I’ll have water too.” She placed her menu down and Lo and Dylan eyed us. “We’re going to have some margaritas please.” Dylan never drank margaritas. Was he starting to just because Lo? Wow, my brother was changing fast and he wasn’t even dating Lo yet.
“Would you guys just kiss already? You’ve been staring at each other non-stop for the past hour and a half. I think it’s about time you got it over with already.” I practically was yelling which made people turn around and stare. Dylan’s face turned bright red and Lauren and I laughed. He leaned over and kissed Lo. “Yeah! That wasn’t that hard was it?” Lauren and I continued to laugh. I loved teasing people.
Lo whispered something in Lauren’s ear and Lauren nodded. What were they talking about? Lo took her phone off the table and Lauren turned my face toward hers and kissed me. Whoa, I did not see that one coming. Lo snapped a picture and set her phone back down. Lauren and I kept kissing until Lo yelled, “Alright! You guys can stop now!”
We finally stopped and Lo showed us the picture. Wow, Lauren looked beautiful even when she was kissing me. She didn’t have to try at all. It just came naturally for her. “The paparazzo never stops,” I said jokingly. They all laughed and the waitress came back with or drinks. We ordered our food and waited in silence for the waitress to come back.
I stretched and my phone started ringing. Again, it was Alexis. But this time, Lauren answered. “Okay, he told you that he’s over you. Leave him alone and stop calling.” I smiled at her. She was the sweet, innocent girl that everyone loves but she just yelled at someone she didn’t even know. She looked at me with this serious look on her face. Lo was shocked. Her mouth was open and she just stared at Lauren. Dylan wasn’t even paying attention. “Wow. I never knew you could pull something like that off Lauren! You sure did tell her didn’t you?” I was laughing which made her smile.
The waitress came back with our food a while later and we ate quickly so we could get out of there. “Yum, yum, yum,” I said while rubbing my stomach. Dylan got up and helped Lo get up too. I guess I was paying the bill. She smiled at him and I did the same thing for Lauren. “Dylan, do you want to drive again,” I asked him while hugging Lauren. “I guess so,” he said. I think he was kind of hoping to sit in the back with Lo. Oh well, he could’ve said no.
As soon as we got out of the restaurant, cameras were flashing all around us. We should’ve taken the back exit. Now, they began to ask Lo questions. “Lo, who is he? Is that your boyfriend? Can we see a kiss? You two look good together!” Man, these guys were annoying.
We got to the car and I slid in next to Lauren. “Hey you,” I said when I shut the door. I kissed her and Lo turned around. How does she always know when I’m kissing Lauren? “Stop macking in the backseat you two.” I knew she was kidding because I saw her grinning. Lauren rolled her eyes playfully and turned to kiss me again. “So wait, does this mean we’re dating now? I mean, you’re always kissing me now.” I laughed after saying that and she sighed heavily. Oh great, was I in for a world of disappointment? “I thought you would’ve figured that out by now Jes. Jeez, you’re slow.” I let out an embarrassed laugh. I shouldn’t be embarrassed at all now. She just practically told me we were together.
“Are they coming to our place,” Dylan asked after he turned the radio down a bit. I turned to Lauren. “I don’t know. Are you guys going to come over?” I was hoping she would say yes. She looked at Lo. “Do you want to,” she asked her. “I guess so,” she said after a long wait. She didn’t sound too excited about it. Lauren turned back to me. “We’ll come.” I smiled. “So I heard.” She laughed and we kissed once again. There was going to be a hell lot of fun when we got to my place.
Chapter 8
Sleeping With a Celebrity
When we finally got to my place, I was hyper and Dylan and Lo were attached to each other’s hips. “Party,” I yelled when I opened the door. I brought the vodka out and put some music up. Lauren sat down on the couch. Dylan and Lo headed straight for the vodka. I sat down next to Lauren and asked her, “Hey, is something wrong?” I wrapped my arms around her. She shrugged. “Just tired.” I glanced over at Dylan and Lo who were now making out non-stop. “Want me to take you home so you can rest in your own bed,” I asked her softly trying not to disturb Lo and Dylan. She shook her head. “I don’t think Lo would like that too much.” I laughed and hugged her tighter. I loved holding her in my arms.
Dylan and Lo headed into the guest room just as I turned the music off. “They sure are getting to know each other huh,” I asked Lauren when I sat back down next to her. She laughed but sounded very tired. “I’ll let you get some sleep honey,” I said to her while getting up. She grabbed my hand and pulled me down to kiss her. “I’ll see you in the morning,” I said after what seemed like hours of kissing. She smiled and practically whispered, “Goodnight.”
She lay her head down on the couch and I said to her before she closed her eyes, “Hey, you can sleep in my room if you want and I’ll sleep out here.” She yawned. “Thanks, but no, thanks. I’m perfectly fine right here.” “You sure? You know, because I would be perfectly fine sleeping out here as long as you’re comfortable.” She smiled and answered, “I’m sure.”
We said goodnight and I walked into the laundry room to get her a blanket. I covered her up then walked into my bedroom and plopped down on the bed. I curled up under the blankets and heard a knock on my door. “Come in,” I said to whoever it was. Most likely Lauren. She walked in. “Hey,” I said to her as she shut the door behind her. She climbed into my bed. I smiled. “What’re you doing missy?” I pulled her closer to me. “You never offered to sleep with you.” She smiled which made me laugh. I kissed her and said, “You’re welcome anytime.” She laughed and we cuddled awhile until we fell asleep.

Chapter 9
Alone

When I woke up in the morning, Lauren was still sleeping next to me. I smiled and try not to move so much so I wouldn’t bother her. I went into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was sticking up all over the place. I picked up my brush and tried brushing it down but it just popped right back up. I turned the shower on and right as I was about to get in, Lauren knocked on the door. “Yeah,” I asked before shutting the water off. “I need to pee,” she yelled back to me. I laughed. “Okay, one second, I have to put my clothes back on.” “Hurry,” she said after a while. I opened the door and smiled. She was standing there bouncing up and down on one foot while she tried to cross her legs. She laughed and swept past me and shut the door. I sat down on my bed and tried fixing my hair. I finally decided to just put my hat on. I hoped that would keep it down.
Lauren came out of the bathroom and sighed. “What a relief!” I laughed and said to her, “Come here you.” She grinned and stretched her arms out so I could pull her close to me. I kissed her and she kissed me back. We layed side by side on the bed and just stared at each other. “You’re beautiful,” I said to her while staring into her eyes. She closed her eyes. “Why do you do this to me?” I was confused so I asked her, “Do what?” She sighed and opened her eyes again. “Make me fall for you more everyday.” I laughed. “My bad,” I said sarcastically. She laughed and we kissed again.
We finally got out of bed and went into the kitchen because we were starving by now. “What do you want me to make sweetheart,” I asked her as she sat down at the table. She groaned then answered, “Pancakes?” I smiled. At least those were easy to make. “Anything for you.” She giggled and I got the pan and the batter.
While I was cooking, Dylan and Lo came out from the guest room. “Morning,” I said to them as they sat down. Dylan yawned and Lo stretched. “Stay up too late last night?” Lauren stifled a giggle. Lo and Dylan looked at each other. They smiled and I turned away knowing what they were thinking. “How many do you want Lauren?” “Two is fine.” I turned back to the pan to flip the pancakes. “Order up!” I placed the plate in front of Lauren and she smiled. “Thank you sweetie.” She looked up at me and I nodded.
Dylan grabbed some Chinese food from two nights ago out of the fridge. “Want some?” He held out an egg roll for Lo. She took it from him and bit into it. I sat down next to Lauren. “Hey, Lo and I are going to go out for lunch later on. Do you guys want to come,” Dylan had his arm draped over Lo’s shoulder and a Lo Mein noodle hanging out of his mouth. Lauren answered for us both. “No, thanks. I think I’m going to go home and relax.” Dylan nodded. “Okay then. Don’t forget, the offer is on the table.” I looked at Lauren. She winked at me. Wait, what? I was confused. Did she just tell Dylan that just so she and I could be alone? Sweet!
Lo and Dylan left the house and Lauren and I sat there alone in silence. “So why’d you lie to him,” I asked, pulling her close to me. “Hmm, I wonder,” she said smiling at me. I knew my brother and if you told him that you wanted to be alone with someone, he would stay just to bug you. He always did that back when we were in high school.
“Come sit with me on the couch,” I said while helping her off the chair and walked her over to the couch. I sat down and slouched just a little so she could lie against me. I turned the T.V. on and Lauren grabbed the remote from me and shook her head. I looked at her puzzled. “No,” she said grinning. She grabbed my face and kissed me. Man, she was a great kisser. I leaned in closer to her. I think this is the longest we have ever kissed. She pulled back and smiled. “Wow! That was pretty intense.” We both laughed and I said to her, “Hey, I have to go take a shower real quick and then we can go where ever you would like.” She bit her lip. “Okay.”
I got in the shower and heard the T.V. blaring in the other room. “He’s a sucky person!” I laughed. Wow, was she really watching old episodes of her on The Hills?
I got into the shower and finally got my hair to stay down. When I got out, I could hear Lauren in the other room singing a Rihanna song. She was such a little goof. I wrapped the towel around my waist and walked into my bedroom.
“Knock, Knock! I need to ask you a question!” Lauren was just about to open my door before I yelled, “One second! I still have to get dressed!” “Hurry, hurry, hurry!” Jeez, she must be hyper. I still couldn’t believe that she and I were together. I still have no idea how I got so lucky. Me out of all people.
Just as I was pulling my pants up, my door swung open. “Sorry! I couldn’t wait any longer.” I jumped at the sound of her voice. “That’s okay. But, you should really knock next time.” I wasn’t trying to be a jerk or anything but seriously, what if I was naked? She nodded. “Yeah, I probably should’ve done that.” I smirked at her. “But, it’s fine. What’s your question?” She sat down on the bed and crossed her legs. “Can we go visit Whitney?” What?! All the way in New York? Was she crazy? I sighed. “Lauren, you know that we just can’t up and go to New York. We’re in California.” I saw her smile fade. “I just thought It’d be nice to surprise her.”
My heart sank. Oh great, I just made her feel bad. Now I felt like a major asshole. “Hey, I’ll see if we can catch a quick flight down there. We could probably make it there by 3 at the most.” I sat down next to her and she turned to me with that smile back on her face. “Really?! Jestin, you don’t have to do that. I mean, I would really love to but just because I said I wanted to, doesn’t mean you have to do it. You know that don’t you?” I smiled at her. “Look, I’d give you anything. I know I don’t have to but I want to.”
“Thank you! She is going to be so excited! Lo would probably want to come too. Could we take her too?” I thought about this for a while. Well, that would mean that Dylan would want to come too so I would have to buy four plane tickets. “Sure. Let’s get packing. We have a flight to catch.”

Chapter 10
Surprise!
“Really? Yeah, I would love to go! I haven’t seen Whitney in a long time,” Lo was screaming when we asked her if she would go. Dylan was standing next to her with his hands in his pockets. “Dude, you’re coming too,” I said to him. Lo and Lauren were off in their rooms packing up their bags. His face brightened up. “Cool. I should probably head home and start packing huh?” I nodded at him. He headed out the door and I walked into Lauren’s room.
“Hey, I’ve got to go get packed up. I’ll meet you back at my place okay?” She was tossing everything she owned into her tiny baby blue suitcase. “Yeah. See you there.” Lo came walking into the room. “Should I bring my yellow bikini or my red one?” She was holding up the bikinis so Lauren could pick which one she liked the most. “Hmm, good question. I think you should go with the red one. What about me? Black and white or the blue one I just bought?” Jeez, girl talk. I walked out of the room and I could still hear them trying to decide what to bring. Women, you can never get them to decide.
I got to my house and packed my bags in five minutes at the most. I bet Lauren and Lo were still trying to decide on what shoes they should bring. ‘Jes, where can I put my bags?” It was Dylan. He walked into the house with two decent sized bags. “Go put them in the trunk of the red hummer.” I zipped up my bags and headed out after him.
“Jesus, where are they?” We were standing next to the car for twenty minutes waiting for the girls to show up. “I think they’re pulling up now.” Lo turned into the drive way and Lauren hopped out and pulled out her baby blue luggage. “Took you guys long enough!” Lo glared at me. Holy crap; what was her problem?
“Shut up Jestin! We needed to get everything,” Lauren said as she threw her bags into the back. “I’m sorry. It was a joke.” People have no sense of humor these days. “What time is our flight,” Lo asked while she tossed her baggage into the car. Bags were piled up the top of the car. I had trouble shutting the door. “It’s at 2:20. We got half an hour to catch it.” I was kind of mad at Lo but didn’t really show it. I knew she was the reason Lauren was so late.
We pulled into a parking space in the parking garage and Lo and Lauren were the first ones to jump out. “Hurry! We don’t want to miss our flight,” Lauren said as she pulled her bags out of the back. Women, they stress out about everything. “Yeah, we’re going,” I said as a came up behind her. She and Lo were frustrating me. Dylan came up behind me and reached for his bags. “Let’s get to it!” I rolled my eyes. I was so annoyed.
“We’re boarding now! I’m so excited to see Whitney,” Lauren was saying while jumping up and down. “I know! I miss her,” Lo said back to her. They got in line in front of Dylan and me and practically ran onto the plane.
“I want to sit next to the window okay,” Lauren asked me when she stopped at the seats when I caught up to her. “Sure. I’ll probably be sleeping anyway.” She smiled. “Thanks!” I didn’t answer. I wasn’t in much of the mood. I was tired and frustrated which made it worse.
I sat down next to Lauren and grabbed he hand. “Thanks for taking me and Lo to go see Whitney. It was really sweet of you,” she said when she turned to face me. I grinned sleepily. “Anything you want.”
She turned back to the window right as we were taking off. My stomach began to turn. I never liked flying. I have been on a plane every year of my life since I was four years old and I still don’t like it. I closed my eyes to try to forget about the feeling. “Hey, you okay,” it was Lauren’s soothing voice breaking into my thoughts. I opened my eyes and turned to her. “Mhm. Yeah, I’m fine. I just hate flying.” She took my hand in hers and squeezed it tight. “You’ll be okay; I promise.” She always knew how to make someone feel better.
We finally landed in New York City and Lauren and Lo couldn’t control their excitement. “Finally! Now we have to get our bags and head to a hotel then we can see Whitney!” I could tell Lauren was excited the most. This was all she would say half the time. I smiled at her. “Calm down. We’ll see her I promise.”
We went to baggage claim and pulled our bags out. Thank God nobody had noticed us yet. I felt a tap on my shoulder. “Can I get a quick picture with you and Lauren? My granddaughter is such a big fan of both of you!” It was some elderly woman with bright pink lipstick and blue eye shadow. She was kind of creepy looking. “A fan of me? Why me? I’ve never done anything important,” I asked her as Lauren came up beside me ready to take the picture. “She thinks you are one hot boy!”
Wow, hearing that made me laugh. Especially coming from an old woman. “Come on Jes! Just take the picture with us.” Lauren grabbed my arm and dragged me over to the woman. “Oh, thank you so much! My granddaughter will love this.” Lauren smiled. “I sure wish we could’ve met her ma’am. How old is she?”
Lauren was so excited to see Whitney but she was standing there making small talk with this strange old woman who looked like she hadn’t brushed her teeth in sixty years. “Oh my, let’s see. She is fourteen years old. She watches old episodes of you on The Hills all the time. Let’s see, I can call her up right now and you could talk to her. That would really make her day.”
Oh brother. We could be stuck here for another five hours if Lauren really talks to this girl. I rolled my eyes and started tapping my foot. “Dude, what’s your problem? You’ve never acted this pissed off before.” My brother was standing next to me observing the situation. You know, he was right. “I don’t know man. I guess I’m just not used to all this publicity crap. I don’t know how to stand around and talk to ‘fans’ for hours on end like Lauren can so it just gets on my nerves.”
Lauren turned to all of us with a look on her face that told us that she had to do it. I sighed heavily. “Come on bro, relax. It won’t take that long. You probably didn’t even want to come in the first place.” Why was he always right? He knew something was wrong and he knew that I didn’t even want to come here.
We could hear Lauren talking on the phone to that fourteen year old girl. “What’s her name ma’am?” The old lady smiled and replied, “Hannah. Hannah May Reemers.” I’m pretty sure Lauren didn’t need her full name you old hag. “Hello is this Hannah Reemers,” Lauren said into the phone. She put the phone on speaker and walked over to us. “Yeah, who is this? You’re on my grandma’s phone I know that but I don’t recognize your voice.”
The girl sounded clueless. Shouldn’t she recognize Lauren’s voice if she watched episodes of her all the time? “This is Lauren Conrad.” Hannah screamed into the phone. “Oh my God! Are you serious?! You’ve got to be kidding me! This can’t be true!” She kept rambling on about how it couldn’t be true and Lauren had a permanent smile on her face. Hannah’s grandmother smiled and had tears in her eyes. “I knew she would love that. Thank you so much Laura!” I couldn’t help but start laughing. “It’s Lauren and, you are very welcome,” Lauren said as she handed her the phone.
Lauren slapped me when she came back over. “Don’t laugh! Be nice to people!” Lo was sort of laughing too. “Are we ready to go now,” I asked when Lauren hushed Lo. They all nodded and we headed out the door. “Hey, why didn’t that lady get a picture of you and Lo? She’s your best friend and she is in pretty much all the episodes with you. Plus, she’s more famous than me.” Lo looked over at Lauren. She must’ve been thinking the same thing. “I really don’t know,” Lauren said, “She did say that her granddaughter thought you were ‘one hot boy.’” We all began to laugh. That was pretty funny.
“Oh my God! This place is huge! I love it,” Lauren said when she walked into the room and saw the view and how big our rooms actually were. “Yeah. Hey, let’s put our things down and head over to where Whitney works,” I said to her. She looked at me with a smile on her face. “I still can’t thank you enough for bringing us here! It’s all so crazy!” I hugged her. “You don’t have to thank me at all. I did this for you.”
We set the bags in our rooms and headed over to Whitney’s workplace. “Drive faster! I can’t wait any longer,” Lauren was practically screaming into my ear as I was driving down the road. “I’m going as fast as the law will let me sweetie. We’ll get there don’t worry.” I was trying to be nicer and less annoyed now.
Lo was sleeping in the backseat with her head against the window. Dylan was snapping pictures of her with his phone and was uploading them to twitter and facebook. He thought it was pretty funny. He took some of Lauren too when she wasn’t looking and put those up too. I couldn’t help but laugh.
“Okay, we’re here,” I said and Lauren shook Lo to wake her up. “Lo! We’re here! We’re going to go see Whitney now!” Lo opened her eyes and looked out the window. She cracked a smile and we all got out of the car.
“Okay, I’ll go in and tell the receptionist that we’re going to visit Whitney and then I’ll come out but we have to be very quiet because we want to surprise her okay,” Lauren was giving us directions that I’m pretty sure we already knew.
We waited for her to come back out and give us the okay to come in. We waited for about five minutes and she came out and waved us in. We all tippy-toed into Whitney’s office and didn’t talk at all. Lauren came up behind her and tapped her on the shoulder. Whitney turned around and her eyes bulged out. “Oh my god! What are you guys doing here?! I can’t believe it!” “Surprise,” Lauren said, “We wanted to come visit you!” I could see Whitney’s eyes filling up with tears. “Thank you!” Lauren grabbed my hand and pulled me toward Whitney. “This is my boyfriend Jestin.” Whitney shook my hand and looked over at Dylan. Lauren took him over to Whitney. “And this is Dylan. He’s Jestin’s brother. He’s Lo’s boyfriend.” Dylan smiled and shook her hand. “Nice to meet you,” he said to her.
“I still can’t believe you guys are here,” Whitney said when we sat down for dinner. Lauren smiled and said to her, “Well believe it. We’re here!” I looked over at Lo who was texting the whole time and Dylan who was listening to Whitney very contently. I yawned. This wasn’t much fun listening to Lauren and Whitney talk while we all sat here and died of boredom. Well, except Dylan who seemed pretty interested.
Lauren turned to me and whispered, “She thinks Dylan is cute.” I looked over at him. He was still looking at Whitney and not even paying attention to his own girlfriend. “He has a girlfriend which is your best friend,” I said back to her. She looked at Lo. “Well it doesn’t seem like they fit well together. You know? Like you and I for example. They seem like complete opposites.” I thought about this for a minute. What if she was right? Dylan did seem more interested in Whitney then Lo.
I pulled him aside and asked him, “Hey, do you like Whitney more then you like Lo?” He grinned. “You know how it is dude. She’s cute don’t get me wrong. Yeah, I’d say I’d hook up with her but not when I already have a girlfriend.” He was such a player. “Well she says you’re cute.” I hated to say this. Especially since I liked Lo and didn’t want her to get hurt. “Really? Should I go for it dude? It just seems like me and Lo don’t hit it off. We’re complete opposites.” I ran my hand through my hair. “But they say opposites attract,” I said while looking over at Lauren who was probably telling Lo about the whole situation. “Not with us. I think Whitney and I would be better together.”
Finally, it hit me. “But she lives in New York dude.” He grinned. “I could move out here. It wouldn’t be that big of a deal.” I groaned. “You’re making the biggest mistake of your life bro.” He shrugged. He wasn’t even looking past that.
I walked over to Lauren. “How did it go?” She looked at me with sadness in her face. “She’s pretty upset. She liked him Jes.” I looked around for her. “Where did she go?” I saw Dylan walk over to Whitney and put his arm around her. “She went back to the room. She said she was going to pack up her stuff and go home. She’s really hurt.” I sighed. I knew this was going to happen. “Shouldn’t we stop her? I mean, we could wait until we all leave right?” She looked at me. “She doesn’t want to be around him anymore.” I knew what she meant. Dylan just broke her heart and he didn’t even care. “Let’s head back to the room,” I said to her and lead her out. Dylan could find his way.

Chapter 11
She’s Heartbroken
When we got back to Los Angeles, Lauren and I went straight over to Lo. She came to the door in her robe and her hair was all messy. She looked like a mess. “Hey sweetie, how you feeling? Are you okay,” Lauren asked her when we walked inside. I hugged her and tried comforting her. I knew how my brother could be. “I’m fine,” was all she managed to say. Lauren and I looked at each other. We knew it would take a while for her to be okay.
“She’s heartbroken,” Lauren said to me when we left. “I know. I hope Dylan is realizing that he lost an amazing girl and he will never be able to find anyone like her. I like Whitney but Lo is fantastic.” She smiled slightly. “I know honey. I wish we could find a way to make her feel better.” That’s when it popped into my head. “I know how.” She looked at me confused but full of hope. “My buddy Scott is looking for a girl. We could set them up.” She smiled. “That could work. But she would probably need some time to get over this breakup.” I nodded. “I know.”
We went over to Neptune Net and ate. When we were there, we saw Kristin Cavallari. “Lauren, hi!” Lauren rolled her eyes. She knew she was trying to act nice. But why? “Hey.” Kristin sat down at our table and looked at me with a huge smile. Damn, she was hot. “How are you guys doing? I’m sorry, I don’t think I’ve meet you before. I’m Kristin.” She held out her hand so I could shake it. “Jestin. Nice to meet you.” Lauren glared at her. “Can we help you,” she asked Kristin in a bitchy tone. Kristin turned to her; her smile quickly fading. “I came by to say hi. Chill.” Lauren turned the other way and pretended to be interested in something else in the distance. “So how old are you Jestin?” I smiled at her. I couldn’t help it. “I’m twenty-four.” Kristin smiled showing off her stunning smile. “Oh, cool! I’m 23!” Lauren turned back to me and Kristin and listened into the conversation. “So how do you know Lauren,” I asked Kristin as if I already didn’t know. “From high school.” She answered kind of fast and sounded non-interested in talking about Lauren. “I see. Well, I think we’re going to get going Kristin but I’ll catch up with you some other time.” She smiled once more and took my hand. “Keep in touch.” She slipped a piece of paper with her cell number on it and walked away.
“What the hell was that all about,” Lauren confronted me in the parking lot. I looked at her. “What? I was just being nice. Is there anything wrong with being nice to people Lauren?” She looked at me kind of disgusted. I knew I should’ve bit my tongue. “She’s my worst enemy Jes! Do you not get that?!” I didn’t see what the big deal was anyway. Just because she didn’t like, didn’t mean I shouldn’t. “I know, I know. I’m sorry. Listen, I want you to be happy and everything but can’t I be friends with who I want to be friends with and not have to worry about you getting pissed at me?” She crossed her arms and turned away from me. “Do whatever you want. I‘m done with this.”
I stood there hurt and shocked at the words that had just entered my ears. “Lauren you can’t be serious. You’re going to let a little run in with Kristin ruin our relationship?” I really hoped I was dreaming at that moment. “That’s not what it is Jestin. Every time I try to tell you something that’s important to me, you completely ignore me and go and do whatever the hell you want anyway. So, why even try?” I felt a sharp pain in my chest. “I’m sorry. Please don’t do this. I’ll change! I’ll be whoever you want me to be I swear! I’d do anything for you Lauren and you should know that.” I was being pathetic. I was practically begging her to be with me. She sighed before answering. “Honey, we need to take a break okay? I think that we’ve been moving to fast in our relationship and we need to take a little break. Can you handle that?” I really didn’t want to agree with her but I knew she was right. “Okay. I’ll try to manage. Come on, I’ll drive you home.”

213 Reviews

Reviews: 213
Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:59 pm
SporkPunk says...

Hi Paramore94. Welcome to YWS!

Now, I didn't actually read this whole thing. It's really daunting. My suggestion to you is to post one chapter at a time. That way, people will read it and review. Also, space your paragraphs! Every time the speaker changes, you need to make a new paragraph. Also, there were quite a few small grammatical errors in the chapter I read, mainly a lot of missing commas. Oh, and one last thing. Text conversations can be useful to illustrate what's going on, but that many? No. Not necessary, and borderline annoying. You should keep some of it, but that gigantic section isn't really helping the story along.

I suggest reformatting this and not posting eleven chapters at a time.

---Spork
Grasped by the throat, grasped by the throat. That's how I feel about love. That it's not worth it.

REVIEWS FOR YOU | | Uprising (coming soon!)

Saying Why-Double-you-Ehs is inversely like saying Ah-beh-Seh (Abc)... just say yewis it's cooler.
— Anonymous