Young Writers Society

Welcoming Freedom Chapter 7

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:27 pm
writ3rindisguis3 says...

Chapter 7

Introductions

I listened as the woman’s heartbeat slowly died away. Silent thumps were all that could be heard.

Carlisle was truly disgusted with himself. A terrible sadness had overwhelmed him since he bit the beautiful women in front of us.

“Carlisle? Is it…about to happen?” I asked. I wasn’t sure what to expect of the woman’s dying heartbeats.

He nodded solemnly.

“Yes. It is. Make sure you hold her down.”

I listened and clamped my hands down on her arms.

Her breathing started to rise and her heart began to hammer. I was shocked by the intensity of emotion that went through me. This woman was now going to be one of us and it would no longer be just Carlisle and I. Not that I would mind in the least. But maybe this woman would capture Carlisle’s heart.

He had been without a companion for his whole life. He never had a wife when he was human. No one seemed to compel to him. I truly wished he could find love in this woman.

The woman struggled against the pounding and as she screamed one last time, her heart gave on final thump.

All was quiet in the pale lavender room. The woman did not breathe, as we didn’t either.

I could tell she was confused that she was still living because her eyebrows puckered.

I began to lift my hands off her arms and she jumped, crouching in the corner. She looked at Carlisle and I, then began to look at herself.

Carlisle began to walk towards here. She crouched down in response.

“Don’t be afraid. We won’t hurt you.” He said with kindness.

The woman couldn’t be sure if we were able to be trusted, but she stood anyway.

“I’m Carlisle and this is my daughter, Bella.”

Her eyes flashed between the both of us. She looked closer at our features to find any resemblance. Then she truly became confused.

“I-I-I’m sorr-ry to b-be so rude…B-but you two do not look an-nything alike.” She stuttered over her words.

Carlisle flashed a glance at me.

“No, we are not blood related. But she is my daughter in a sense.”

The woman still looked confused.

“I don’t understand.”

Carlisle sighed and sat down on a plush chair. He began to explain how he found me and what he was. He told her of how he found her. She was extremely surprised when he explained that we were vampires and that she was too.

“Excuse me?” She asked.

Carlisle looked at me, then at a mirror that was hanging on the wall. I walked over and pulled it down.

“Look at yourself.” He said.

She gasped at her reflection. She touched her face and stared into her own eyes, a brilliant red from being a newborn.

She turned back to Carlisle.

“I am…a…a…vampire?” She asked uncertainly.

He nodded. “And so are we.”

She glanced back at the mirror.

Carlisle and I waited warily as she once again stared at her reflection.

“I...I am Esme.” She turned and looked at both Carlisle and I.

“It is so very nice to meet you.” I said.

She smiled widely at me.

“The same. I am sorry that I was so un-friendly in the beginning. I didn’t know what was going on.”

“It is quite okay.” Carlisle replied.

I smiled. His mood was brightening quickly.

“Shall we go hunting for the first time?” He asked.

Esme swallowed.

“Yes. Thank you.”
Last edited by writ3rindisguis3 on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:34 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey. glad you are back to writeing on this story, but...um...i think you name this chapter wrong or forgot to post chapter 6.

i love these chapter because Esme makes an appearance. i love esme.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

64 Reviews

Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:00 pm
View Likes
writ3rindisguis3 says...

Aha! You are correct. Sorry that I forgot to post chapter six. =]

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:09 pm
Xena says...

“Look at yourself.” He said.

And she did just that.

She gasped at her reflection. She touched her face and stared into her own eyes, a brilliant red from being a newborn.

know call me a insane poop throwing lunatic... but i dost believe you dont really need that... and she did jsut that... cuz like the next line says she gasps at her reflection... so that middle line is just there, sitting like a snot nosed kid in time out for not being able to keep his hands to himself... so in conclusion... im right.. delete it now.

ps. " from being a newborn" did this guy just do a babality on her?... so shes a baby now? brilliant!
purple bunnies hop at midnight

64 Reviews

Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:22 pm
writ3rindisguis3 says...

I don't like to be rude, but did you ever read Twilight? This is what it is based on. Fan-fiction. I'm sure you would understand once you read the series.

And i changed the thing you said. That was helpful. Thanks.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:07 am
Writing for love is a pas says...

Okay, I'm in luv with your story. Stephanie would be jealous..
No where to run...baby let's hide. Take her in your arms on a chilling winter's night. Watch the stars twinkle and glisten. Know that you've found the one person that will listen. ~*(ME)*~

rule #1 of being a potato: potatoes gotta defend their friends from negative self-talk
— Spearmint