z

Young Writers Society

Through the Still Night-Prologue Version #2

195 Reviews

Reviews: 195
Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:27 pm
PsychicNinja says...

Tell me which version is better, please! This one's in first person, too.

Warm blood on cold skin. A kunai driven deep into an opponent’s chest. The hoot of an owl. And a full moon. The leaves of a bush bristled behind me as the lifeless body hit the ground. I could taste my own blood in my mouth. This one was harder than the rest. There was a slight displacement of air, and a dark figure jumped out from behind me.

“We better get back soon. He wants us back for the next mission as soon as possible,” the figure whispered.

“Yes, of course.”

The branch above me shook as the owl flew into the night; the leaves drifted around me like falling feathers. I looked behind me at the body mangled in the grass. This place reeked of death. Then the leaves were still. There was no wind tonight, but there never was on nights such as these. The ninja in front of me bent over to check the body of the man I had just killed.

“Not much left of him, Takuro-kun. Sensei will be pleased,” he complimented.

I said nothing. It was not as if I enjoyed killing, as my master did. To him it was pleasure. To me it was a necessity.

“We better go,” I mumbled.

“Right,” the other ninja said, as we leapt up into the shadowy canopy of trees.

Of course, it had not always been this way. I had once be a ninja who lived a peaceful life, full of my so-called friends and family. But I don’t need them now. My only purpose is to serve my lord, and to eventually become stronger than him. It just took time, training, and some planning. I was never a patient person, but I know he had to wait.

As we sailed through the trees toward the Sound Village, I thought back to that time. That time in the Leaf Village. When I’d had been out too late training, and stumbled upon a horrendous murder…
"Look, Ma. No hands"
"You haven't got a ma."
"Maybe a nice old lady will adopt me. I'm very loveable."
―Fi and Darman

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:49 pm
Maki-Chan says...

well ,I like this one better ^_^> First person views always make good prologues. This is no eception. Nice job. I'll read more.
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

Every time our next guest is here, all of our lives are seriously in danger.
— David Letterman