z

Young Writers Society

The Hard StandChapter 4

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:11 am
lordgluzman says...

The ending of the last chapter “Will! Will Tex is over here!” Matt shouted. I closed my eyes for a moment, then I walked were she was praying, her lips were covered in blood and so was her arm. I lowered my head to Tex’s heart slowly slowly and slowly.

Chapter 4
Getting up the hill

“She is alive, she is alive, alive, alive! I yelled, “Alright marines! I will carry her to the hill well you guys will cover me.” Instead of hearing a reply I heard how the soldiers started to lock and load their weapons. Then one of the marines named Kevin said “Eh sir don’t look behind.” Suddenly Mick his brother interrupted “On the count of three you will duck and we will fire at the hunter. One two thh-r-re.” Before I heard them count to the end there was a loud bang from behind me, I also heard a loud scream of the dying hunter. I turned around fast as I could, I couldn’t believe what I saw, it was Tex standing with a shotgun in her hands “Have you miss me?” I and Matt just nodded “Then I think we should go.” She replied.

We were hiding behind different structures so we wouldn’t get cot. Finally we saw little stares that we could clime on. “Alright I will cover you guys well you get on the top of the hill.” “But there is no Covenant?” A soldier named Jay replied. “Ok, now sense you said that I am defiantly covering you!” As the soldiers climbed up the stairs I heard a loud fire shot. It caused me to fall! I thought I was dead for couple of seconds. When I got up I saw Mick standing next to me and firing at a group of jackals, grunts, and brutes. We used a huge rock for cover. I was really impressed how Mick fought with his black armor glittering as the sun shined on it and a huge black helmet that covered his face. (For you that don’t know, we marines have different uniforms some were a normal suit well others wear a black armor
a black helmet that covers their face.) We both continued firing until a rocket hit the ground, as it did I and Mick were blown away. After a while lying on the hard stony floor we got up. “What the hell, I swear somebody just fired a rocket launcher at the covenant.” I said as I rubbed back of my head. I and Mick immediately looked on the top of the hill, “Holy Shit! It’s Vlad, Ollie and Anzi!” I exclaimed. “Come on guys we cleared the area you can clime up the stairs” Vlad yelled. As soon I stepped on the first step I heard firing noises. “Go!” Mick ordered. “No I am staying with you!” I yelled.” My back turned to the stairs and I flashed to cover firing at another squad. I could hear super loud shots of different weapons. The gun that I was firing with pleasure busted almost the entire enemy squad. I was filed with zippy energy and ran behind another stone. As I my heart got staggered with victory I heard a horrible and a similar shout. My head turned to the left. “No.” I whispered to myself “Mick no!!!” I slide down to where Mick was lying. “Will, just clime up the damn stairs.” He grumbled. I took of his helmet so he could get some air. “You are coming with me.” I ordered “You are not going to die.” “If you think I am going to live then you are loony, I swear.” I new he was telling the truth but I couldn’t believe it. “Will, I will cover you with my last strength. I won’t live and you know that. A man can’t survive if there is a spike stuck to his heart.” I began to cry as Mick finished the sentence. “Ok, I will leave.” I gored. I saw Mick trying to twitch his lips to smile but he failed to. “This is it.” He said. There was a moment of silence until he yelled “Go now!!!” The marine got back on his feat and started to fire at the last surviving enemy. I rushed up the stairs and when I got to the top I blowed it up with a plasma grenade that I picked up during the battle, so the enemy wouldn’t be able to clime on it and attack us from the rear. “Will you alright?” Tex yelled as she ran towards me. I didn’t reply I just walked trembling to the edge of the hill to see if Mick was still alive. I saw him standing on his knees but still firing at the enemy. Until a spike grenade went half way through his chest. I saw him crying in pain and screaming “Is that all? Is that all you? Mother F$%@ers!” As he swore he ran straight at the last brute. Next second I knew there was nothing left from the brute nor Mick but pieces of flesh and bone.
Blood is red
But Heaven is blue
The Devil will fined out
And take you

Half the work that is done in this world is to make things appear what they are not.
— Elias Root Beadle