z

Young Writers Society

The Color Blue Chapter 3

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:01 pm
Commando588 says...

Of course I wasn’t sure what the word weapon meant at first. It would take months of hardship before that word would appear in my vocabulary. Even though I couldn’t describe the things happening, I knew that it was troublesome. At that point of time it was the only word that could describe the way the earth burned as it did that night. If I had the sufficient vocabulary that I do now, after all that has happened, I would be able to place a name on the events what were transpiring. I would have been able to see that what I was experiencing was fear. True and perfect fear.

I looked ahead into the community. I could see now that people in the community were looking out on the horizon. The strangest expressions I had ever seen were clearly plastered on most of the watchers. They paid absolutely no attention to me as I dashed through the aroused neighborhood.

It didn’t take me that long before I had reached my house. My parents and little sister were quietly standing outside watching the distant fires. As I neared the house my dad instantly spotted me.
“Son, were have you been? There’s something wrong with the sky.”
You can only be Lost in one place for so long. After awhile you just call it home.

I could say a thousand words and break your heart. Or I could never say one, and break it just the same.
------------

It had a perfectly round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls, and floors tiled and carpeted, provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and coats—the hobbit was fond of visitors. The tunnel wound on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hill —The Hill, as all the people for many miles round called it—and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then on another.
— JRR Tolkien