z

Young Writers Society

The hidden kingdom

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:04 pm
Simonsn338 says...

Welcome, to the lost kingdom. The kingdom was lost for a thousand years being ruled by an evil king. It has been found after the king died, the queen is on her death bed she said that she needed people to protect the kingdom and keep it safe. Her daughter koraline and son kade are taking care of the kingdom as king and queen until a new one can be found.

Spoiler! :

Names-
Age-
Personality-
Looks-
Species-
Love is love

Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:15 pm
Simonsn338 says...

Spoiler! :

Names- Kingston and Abby
Age- 20
Personality- they are fun loving trouble makers who love to explore, they are twins and love their friends and family.
Looks- http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2841426/thumb ... OW-570.jpg
Species-

Kingston walked among the common folk with his hood up trying to be unnoticeable by the kingdoms people. He was getting his sister her birthday present in one of the smaller villages.

Abby walked along side the road quietly her hood pulled up not wanting to draw attention to herself. She pulled her cloak to her tightly and smiled at a young child. She continued to walk smiling softly when she saw the village up ahead, she decided to look around and then go find her brother.
Love is love

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:22 pm
clarevelyn13 says...

Spoiler! :

Name - Kade Alland
Age - 21
Personality - Kade is generally witty and sarcastic, often thinking on his feet and getting himself into trouble. He can be loud and expressive of his opinions, but also knows when to blend in with the crowd. He'll often crack a couple jokes and side comments. He is an orphan, but refuses to remain in the gutters of the kingdom because of that.
Looks - Kade is tall with a strong build. He has dark hair and light blue eyes. His face is weathered from the sun and his hands are rough from experience. He generally wears a long cloak to blend in with the masses.
Species - Human

Near the entrance of the village, Kade stood, nonchalantly leaning up against a part of the gate. He scanned the crowd, his eyes landing on a young girl, about his age, who had just raised her hood. Kade smirked and, uncrossing his arms, made his way toward her through the crowd.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:23 pm
Simonsn338 says...

She continued to walk wanting to find her brother quickly to get back home and out of people’s judgmental eyes. She pulled out her book from her bag that she carried and opened it to read while she walked. She gasped quietly seeing a part she hated in it.

Kingston walked through the door of a shop and looked around seeing a necklace he knew his sister would love. He grabbed it and paid for it walking out of the store and back into the streets.
Love is love

18 Reviews

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:09 pm
clarevelyn13 says...

Approaching the hooded girl, Kade had a sudden impulse to reach out and snatch her book, to scare her. But he didn't. Instead he just fell into step with her and spoke in a louder tone, "What is it you're reading there, young lady?" He had to raise his voice a bit in order to be heard amidst the bustle of the crowds. He also had to focus on matching his larger, lankier steps with her smaller ones. As he walked he cloak flowed behind him, but he kept his hood up, halfway hiding his face.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:18 pm
Simonsn338 says...

She heard a voice beside her and looked up startled “oh, I’m reading an old book I found in my moms room” he said thinking and looked at the man who had appeared near her without her even noticing. She glanced back at her book and sighed “it’s in an old language that only my mom and a few other people knew, I’m trying to teach myself so I know what it says” she said
Love is love

18 Reviews

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:33 pm
clarevelyn13 says...

"Oh." He tried to hide his disappointment, although st the same time it was peaked with interest. "Interesting, m'lady. In fact, a quite honorable goal." Kade chose his words carefully. "Yet somehow I don't think attempting to read such a book in the midst of a pressing crowd is quite the best idea. One could easily get lost," he told her, still walking closely beside her and matching her steps with his. He glanced up every now and then to watch where he was going, and also in an effort to keep an eye out for guards.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:41 pm
Simonsn338 says...

She nods “yea, the book is special and I don’t want to lose it but it’s so hard to put it down and stop looking at the interesting pattern of the words” she said looking back up from the book for a few seconds. “If it was in Latin I would know it, but alas it’s in some ancient language” she said sadly
Love is love

18 Reviews

Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:18 pm
clarevelyn13 says...

"Uh huh..." Kade held her gaze for a moment, somewhat becoming lost in it with his own fiery blue one. He nearly had to catch himself falling behind, and shook his head to clear it. He looked down at the book, then lifted his gaze again to her face. "Well, m'lady," he said cooley, "perhaps you'd like to find someone who could translate? I might know a guy."

Just then, Kade looked up to catch the gaze of a few guards patrolling near one side of the street; three burly, stiff men dressed in full metallic armor, complete with swords in sheaths at their sides. One rode on a grumpy-looking steed. Kade hoped he had looked casual enough, but he couldn't yet tell if he had been recognized. He looked at the girl. "Well, what say you?"

Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:14 am
Simonsn338 says...

She nods “ i’d Like that actually” she said thinking that if somebody understood the language then they could teach her and she’d be able to translate it so that her brother would also know what it said. She knew her brother was also wanting to know what the book said.
Love is love

18 Reviews

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:16 am
clarevelyn13 says...

Suddenly, Kade could hear shouts from behind. *Not now, please not now.* He turned his head to see the three guards they had passed beginning to make their way through the crowd...towards him. *Are they really coming for me?* He hesitated, formulating a plan.

"You! You scrawny rat! Hold it right there!" Sheathed swords became unsheathed. The guard on the horse raised his and pointed right at Kade, whose hood had dropped onto his back, revealing his recognizable face and thin scar that ran down the left side. The crowd effectively cleared a pathway, and Kade's heart sunk. *Yep. Definitely coming for me.*

"Come on, we gotta go." Roughly grabbing the girl's hand, Kade pulled her after him and started to run - or at least, rapidly wind his way through the thick crowd.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:21 am
Simonsn338 says...

She looked at him confused “what’s going on?” She asked him worried, “why are they after you” she continued to ask. “They seem intent on catching you” she stared at the guards and looked past them seeing her brother near them looking at her. She waved slightly at her brother and saw him shake his head.
Love is love

18 Reviews

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:40 am
clarevelyn13 says...

Being preoccupied with the threat of the guards, Kade didn't notice the boy standing a little way off, looking at the pair of them. He pulled her on with frustration, looking back to look her in the eye. "It's kind of a long story. I'll tell you in a less time-constructing environment, okay? Now come on, we've gotta go! Do you want your book translated or not?" Kade wanted her to come with him, not only because he was beginning to grow curious of the text in that book, but also because he knew she may very well be arrested by assiciation with him - that is, if he got arrested. And he wasn't planning on it today.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:46 am
Simonsn338 says...

She nods a little “yea ok that’s fine, and yea I do want my book translated so me and my brother can know about our past/history” she said looking back at the guards. She nods a little “let’s go before they get you” she said and then whispered “and see my face”. She looked around hoping no one heard her and spotted her brother farther from the guards and nods at her brother.
Love is love

18 Reviews

Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:00 am
clarevelyn13 says...

Without another word, Kade took off faster, still gripping her soft hand in his rough one. The crowd had thinned now, and as they reached the end of the busy street, Kade was able to break into a much faster run, taking a sharp turn down an alleyway. He didn't look back over his shoulder for the guards - no need to, actually, because he could hear their shouts and the sound of galloping hooves on cobblestone well enough. He practically pulled the girl up a flight of steps and through a doorway, leading to a balcony. Up ahead, more guards had begun to line the next balcony over, and even more seemed to flood the streets below them. Kade muttered a few choice words as he went over his options.

"Through here, this way," he directed, pointed towards a narrow break in the stone wall surrounding the balcony. It seemed to lead to another balcony over, and if Kade had remembered correctly, it should be somewhat out of the way of the main streets and buy them a little time. "Ladies first."

It always seems impossible until it's done.
— Nelson Mandela