z

Young Writers Society

The Bakery!

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:53 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Somewhere in each country, in each world, in each continent, there's a door that leads to a cakeshop. One not from this world or any other, but one that connects all with it's cakey goodness. Violence is prohibited inside the shop, and any violation of the rule will involve the violator being thrown out and the door disappearing.

Welcome, though, to The Bakery!

(Oh, by the way, it's kinda hard to get to the door)
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

8 Reviews

Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:24 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden turned the sign on the glass door to say 'open' for the outside, smiling as he did so.
"And we're in business bois! Let's go lets make this bread!" he said, jogging into the kitchen and donning an apron as he began to do baker-like things.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:49 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Cornyx straightened his tie and took care to make sure his straight was under his sword belt before turning towards the vast double-doors that led to the throne room of his new domain. It'd been six years since he'd left Earth, since der Silberfuchs had fallen to Boomslang's blade and since Diamond had bound every last bit of the Void aside from the Viper once and for all. Six years since the traitorous son of the Silver Fox had shot Jabril through the skull and six years since his own world's Hell had frozen over for the final time.

Ever since he'd found himself in this place it'd been a struggle to maintain his life. On Earth, his bloodline itself was enough to deter demons; here, his otherwordly scent drew power-hungry creatures from near and far to challenge his fate.

The last one to do that was the Arcdemon, Ruler of the Shadow Realm, whose sword was legendary and the mark of the holder of the throne. Corax, the Blade of the Raven, and now Cornyx's claim to his crown.

His gaze went from ebony to the sharp, metallic silver of his draconian bloodline as he pushed open the door and strode into the...bakery?

Cornyx blinked in surprise, glancing back at the very average door behind him. How...?
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:26 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Spoiler! :
Thytes Aurelius is a bipedal lion about as tall as Taber (we're talking over six feet here). Tan fur with a small orange tint, a dark and oversized mane, and fairly large claws. Nice dude. Wearing a green shirt with the family's insignia (a sun with rays the color of gold) on his chest, and brown pants - his 'casual' outfit when he wants to avoid being called out as royalty.

"What a lovely smell!" the lion said, pushing open the door. "Though I must wonder how on Fayne someone would leave their building on a rooftop. Climbing up to it was rather a-"

He paused, staring at the staff on the other side of the counter. "A human bakery?" he said at last, frowning. "I, did not expect to find one in this part of town."

Shaking his head, he shuffled his away around the person standing still in front of him (throwing in an "excuse me, young man," though the person made him feel strangely uncomfortable) and walked up to the counter anyways. "I suppose you would still let me buy your wares?" he said, breathing in the air and smiling. "What precisely do you have for sale?"
Last edited by TheSilverFox on Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

8 Reviews

Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:39 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden looked upon the two newcomers.
"Aha! Welcome welcome, we were juuust opening for the day. We've got cakes, bread, some cool drink and uh...scones? I think? Muffins, probably."
Raiden gestured wildly to the examples of his so called 'wares' as he spoke, pointing to each in turn except for the last two.
"So, what will it be, Cornyx and...?" he turned to the large lion person in front of him, waiting for an introduction.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

299 Reviews

Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:44 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Thytes," the lion said, bowing slightly. "And I am interested in these cakes of yours. What do you have?"

8 Reviews

Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:48 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"Raiden, nice to meet you," he replied, bowing slightly.
"Weeell, we've got chocolate, double chocolate, triple chocolate, death by chocolate, chocate caramel, mint chocolate, chocolate and ice cream, strawberry chocolate, uhhhh...plain caramel and basically whatever i said before minues the chocolate. Also, vanilla and some other stuff. So what'll it be, Mr. Thytes?"
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

299 Reviews

Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:58 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Oh, this was a polite and nice man. "Mr. Aurelius," Thytes corrected - it likely wouldn't be a good idea to bring up his true identity like this, but the stranger had earned it (and it wasn't like humans to pay attention to royal lions in the first place). He tapped a claw on his chin, staring down at the counter. "Death by chocolate seems, excessive. I do like caramel, and I do like chocolate, so chocolate caramel would be nice." He looked back up at Raiden. "Would this be a slice, or the entire cake?"

8 Reviews

Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:18 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"Well that's up to you, Mr Aurelius," Raiden said, in a suave tone.
"Do you think you could handle our full caramel cake delight? Or do you want a trial run? See how you feel, y'know?" He smirked. He didn't know about Thytes' heritage or royalty or whatever. So he treated him as he would any other customer.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

299 Reviews

Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:48 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"A trial would be nice," Thytes said. "I would eat the whole thing, but it seems rather silly to not share it, and none of my friend are here to share it with."

'Tis the season to shovel enormous amounts of watermelon into your mouth while hunched over the cutting board like a dehydrated vampire that hasn't fed on blood in four hundred years and the only viable substitute is this questionable Christmas-colored fruit.
— Ari11