z

Young Writers Society

A House with Many Doors

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:29 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Adamina fought back an unladylike eyeroll and casually fixed her pin back in her hair. They seemed harmless at the moment, though not lacking in either obviousness or sarcasm, she couldn't tell which. "But what we can do is explore, see if we can find anything useful."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:35 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I hope you don't mind me joining in! This roleplay looks like a really interesting one. My character is named Maahes, and you can click on that link to see his profile. He'll be using the name Leonardo Carter until he realizes that the others aren't any threat to him.

When he awoke, he immediately shielded his eyes from the bright lights.

Sleeping just wasn't something that he would do. The process of "waking up" suggested that he had been knocked unconscious by some outside force. As he tried to recall what had happened, he came to the startling realization that he couldn't. One moment, he had been heading to the stargate. Then he had somehow ended up here, though he couldn't understand why.

He slipped out of the bed he was in. The covers were neatly set, and the bed matched the appearance of the large, lavish room he was in. The finery was something he would expect of royalty or the Goa'uld. Intricate rugs padded the floors, and tanks full of red fish lined the walls. He watched them dart through the dangling roots of what looked suspiciously like lotuses. Their presence, as well as the abundance of the color scarlet, unnerved him. Was it just a coincidence, or did his kidnapper know the part of his past that he desperately tried to hide?

He silently approached the door to the room. When he stood before it, he was shocked to realized that there was no doorknob. How was someone supposed to come in or leave the room? In the doorknob's place was a mark that looked like a scarlet lotus flower. The design consisted of only the outlines of the flower, but it was enough to send a chill running down his spine.

When he glanced down, he saw that he had the same mark tattooed onto the back of his hand. He frantically changed his guise. No matter how many different guises he adopted - young, old, male, female - the mark stubbornly remained. With a heavy sigh, he adopted a guise he hadn't used in quite some time. He ran his hands through his now black hair. He had grown used to having the weight of a braid, and the absence of it felt odd. Removing his sunglasses, he slipped them into the pocket of his jacket. They could remain there until he left this strange building.

After a moment of hesitation, he placed his hand on the door's marking. The lotus flower blossomed more than it had already had. Then the door opened slightly.

"Well, Leo," he whispered to himself, "it's time for you to figure out what's going on."

He stepped out into the hallway. It was just as extravagant as he could have expected, though there was more variety when it came to the color of its interior. As he tried to decide where to go to next, the sound of voices reached his ears. He didn't know if they were friend or foe, but they would hopefully give him some of the answers he needed.

It would just be a matter of how he would get them.

"Hello?" he called out. He kept his voice loud and calm; allowing them to hear his worry would only make him seem weak in their eyes.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:03 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Hey, other person!" she calls back. "Where are you?"
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:46 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Adamina turned slightly towards the sound. "So there was someone else here. Do you think this one is a threat?"
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:37 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Closing his eyes, he tried to pinpoint the location of the speaker. They didn't sound too far away. They seemed to be somewhere to his left. Opening his eyes again, he assessed that half of the hallway. It was cut short by an oddly placed door; for some reason, he doubted that it led into another room.

"I think I'm down the hallway you're in," he replied. He made his way over to the door. Like the previous one, it lacked a doorknob. He was disturbed to see a snake staring back at him when he looked closer at its mark. Removing his hand from the pocket of his trench coat, he rested it against the smooth mark. Nothing happened. Confused, he slipped his hand back into his pocket. Did the mark on the door and the mark on his hand need to match in order for the door to open?

He waited for a moment before speaking again. "This might sound strange, but do you have a snake on your hand?"
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:36 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I'm really sorry to bother you, but I just thought I would tag you in case you forgot about this roleplay. I completely understand that you're celebrating the holidays with family today - I've just seen some of you post in other roleplays today, so I thought I would check.

@FalconerGal9086, @Lael and @soundofmind.
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:46 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Spoiler! :
Lol, as if I'd forget about my own RP. :P

Adamina glanced at Auryon. What would she do?

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:37 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Why, are you stuck in another one of those handleless rooms?"

I say we kill him. And the rest of them.

Don't care what you want, bitch.

Sa-

Stop it right there.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:40 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"No," he replied, casting a glance at the other doors in the hallway. He had been too focused on the sound of the woman's voice to notice that they also lacked handles. Some looked like they could be opened with the mark on his hand, but the others were decorated with marks he did not recognize. "There's a door in the middle of this hallway. I think it might connect the parts of the house together. If you don't have a snake on your hand, I'll try finding a different way."
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:49 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Leave him.

She hesitates, the urging of her inner voice getting to her for a moment. Auryon then shakes it off. "Yeah, yeah I do."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:06 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He took a deep breath that he didn't need. "Could you please open it for me?"
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:29 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

No.

She clenches her jaw, trying to ignore that...thing. "Yes, tell me when it sounds like I'm at the right door." She starts walking down the hall.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:51 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He listened to her approaching footsteps. It was a comforting sound to hear. After awakening to the unnatural silence of the first room he had been in, it sounded absolutely heavenly. The volume steadily grew louder. And then, after nearly a minute of listening and waiting, he heard them right by the door.

"I'm behind this one," he said.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:21 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She opens the door, brushing her stray coppery hair out of her face. "You got a name?"

Kill them.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:42 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He took in the sight of the woman before him. She looked like she could have come from Earth. Though it seemed like an impossibility, he couldn't rule out anything. There were far too many unknowns.

"My name is Leonardo," he replied. A lie, but a well-practiced one. He didn't supply a last name. That would be too formal for a strange situation like this. Smiling, he added, "But you can me Leo."
mage

queer and here.

Adventure is worthwhile.
— Aesop