Young Writers Society

The Three Dragon Inn

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:02 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"This is the best stew I've ever tasted." He remarked with genuine sincerity, though, he said that about everything he ate when drunk.

"So uh, you," Bo gestures to Sacred, using a vague pronoun since he didn't know the man's name. With the beer giving him a loose tongue he just begins to speak with little direction. "You got some sick magic, aight? Sounds like a wild ride, travelin' through a couch. You did good back there with the zombie guy by the way. Sorry he ruined your nice entrance. But that's all water under the bridge, eh? But yeah, I like your style. Keep it up, man."
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:04 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"I'd tell Ol' Meik, but considering you like everything when yer drunk, I ain't thinkin' it means much," Thuki chuckles.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:28 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Bends nods. "Ah. What, you've never seen an ink demon before?"

Cuppaccino smiles. "I'm from a city literally called Toontown. No joke."
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:59 am
View Likes
SacredPen says...

Sacred tiredly cringes at the man's remarks - kind as they were, his words had no real structure or relation to the situation; they seemed like the type of words a person with little knowledge of what they'e saying would form in a vague attempt to cover up that fact. The feeling of being complimented multiple times is a weight more difficult to bear than that of Atlas to Sacred, who props himself up with his hands before addressing the man,

"Oi. I appreciate the kindness, but I frankly didn't accomplish much other than making myself look like an idiot. This is why I don't typically involve myself in conflicts I'm unaware of the means to rectify - it's not an optimal method of spending one's time, even if it is, to an extent, infinite." he groans, lifting an empty glass and staring at the obligatory solitary drop of liquid left swirling about in its base. He plops another bag of gold coins onto the table, his body scarcely capable of movement that didn't function on an exponential scale - starting out slow and deliberate before escalating to a quick and powerful motion.

"About ten more of the same drink, please. Trust me - I'm not drunk, just tired." he mutters, his eyes attempting to resist the lulling gravity of sleep.
"Why do I need money to live? Can't I just, like, photosynthesize or something?"

364 Reviews

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:05 am
View Likes
zaminami says...

Spoiler! :
Wait are you talking to me?

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:30 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Spoiler! :
@KaraStevens Sacred is talking to Bo rn I believe. Seems everyone's talking to each other at once aaaah

"That sounds like a personal problem," Bo replied, pointing to the man with his spoon. "Cause ya don't seem idiotic to me." He stops pointing, and returns back to occupying himself with eating his stew. He finishes the rest of it off quickly, hoping that filling his stomach might slow the speed at which the alcohol entered his system. But by now it was likely a fruitless endeavor. The deed had already been done.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:30 am
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

Finnegan Eld was a troublesome young man who typically roamed around for any sort of good pickpocketing business. Yet he'd done quite a lot more in the four years he'd been like this - stealing rich monetary amounts and swiping whole chests from travelers here and there, but only on a few occasions. No matter how much loot he could scrounge up, he always seemed to lose it all in a week. Such was the life of a thief. Not yet experienced enough to be placed in the category of "most wanted," Finn could usually get around without being recognized or caught in the act of his tricks, as was his wish as he decided to enter the old Three Dragon Inn.

It was beginning to rain as he approached the doorway, crossing the cobblestone street and raising his hood as he did so. Pushing in on the heavy wooden door, Finn entered and was swiftly met with the smoky atmosphere, lively chatter, and the unmistakable scent of ale. He headed for the bar.

Spoiler! :
Hey guys hope it's okay if I jump in. I'm kind of new to this, so please bear with me!

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:11 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Hello @clarevelyn13, welcome! Just FYI, I originally made Thuki and the Three Dragon in as the Thieves' Guild hq (and there most certainly is a thieves' guild there) so if you'd like Finn to be associated with that, that could be fun ^_^ Thuki is the eyes and ears as well as a fence for the Guild

Thuki glances up as he enters, golden eyes warm. "What can I get fer y' today?"

he/him/his

364 Reviews

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:33 am
View Likes
zaminami says...

Bends sighs and flops next to Cuppaccino. "I'm just glad I didn't kill anyone this time."

"Amen," Cuppaccino answers without looking up from the conversation.

"Please don't say that."

"Sorry," comes the answer followed by a peck on the cheek. "I forgot again."

18 Reviews

Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:39 pm
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

Spoiler! :
FalconryGirl9086 Oh right! Okay, sure - that would be fun! I'm going to play it out like Finn doesn't know that it's the hq, or at least doesn't know the full extent of the guild yet, if that's fine with you!

Finn met the golden gaze of the cat-woman behind the bar as he took a seat beside a very muscled dude. Squinting, he briefly eyed the bottles lined up at the back counter before answering.

"Ey, surprise me, won't you? Just eh..." he frowned. "Whatever ya got that won't kill a man's pocket, ey?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:52 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Of course, that should be fun! :D

"Of course," she smiles and fills up a tankard of ale. "Five copper."

he/him/his

364 Reviews

Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:38 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Bends eyes the newcomer. "You're a thief," he says simply to the new man.

18 Reviews

Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:53 pm
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

Finn stopped and narrowed his eyes, looking over at the ink creature who had spoken.

"And you're presumptuous." He turned back toward the bar and slid the five copper pieces across the counter.

364 Reviews

Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:55 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

((You don't know I'm an ink creature. I turned into one before you came in XD Bends just looks like a normal human with strange hair))

"Maybe a little," Bends admits. "But why don't you want anyone to know that? You can talk to anyone in here."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:55 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She takes them. "Is there really anythin' that wrong with takin' a couple o' coins every now 'n then, Bo?" she asks, wiping down the counter with a dirty rag.

he/him/his

No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies.
— Daisy Bates