z

Young Writers Society

A School Of Corrupted Ones

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:55 am
NothingMore905 says...

she saw a dark aura around ethan, he didn't seem comfortable, he looked terrified a warped... thats what she felt, a warped forcing itself into the mind of the weak, she could tell ethan was fighting it, he looked exhausted, she then nodded at ethan as to say that she knew what was going on

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:01 am
Abcdefg1 says...

Ethan froze, caught between relief and fear. She knows.
The voice laughed quietly. Oh, she does, doesn't she? You're going to suffer for that...

27 Reviews

Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:06 am
NothingMore905 says...

she then jerked her hand to the right slightly and the dark aura was suddenly being squeezed by a shifting wire and she glared in ethans general direction, staring at the dark aura i can hear you..don't even think about it you pesky warped... her thoughts had a hiss to it but she knew the warped could hear her

Random avatar

Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:15 am
Abcdefg1 says...

Oh? And what are you going to do about it?

27 Reviews

Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:21 am
NothingMore905 says...

she smirked aren't warped a lower tier then corrupted? since corrupted can see them and knows how to get rid of them because of they're many abilities while warped have the ability to control minds only? so, i would suggest you watch your tongue.. she snarled, but not loud enough for jamie or melody to hear

Random avatar

Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:32 am
Abcdefg1 says...

You say that when you are neither Warped nor Corrupted. Your abilities extend far beyond the usual realm. What are you?

27 Reviews

Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:40 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

i'm more powerful thats for sure, but, thats none of your concern, i could destroy you in an instant which i will do once this is all over, maybe in the future you'll find out, i suggest you leave ethan alone if you want your end to be swift and easy. before you say it, i don't have to worry about hurting ethan because i can easily separate you from his body and destroy you, but for now, your safe but not just yet off the hook...her left eye glitched to a purple-green color before changing back to normal and grinned

Random avatar

Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:54 am
Abcdefg1 says...

What's she saying? Ethan asked. He couldn't hear what Ai was saying to the Warped, but he felt the heat of their distress.
That is none of your concern. The Warped hissed. It turned its attention back to Ai, muting their voices from Ethan's mind. Why spare me? What do you have to gain from my survival?

27 Reviews

Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:01 am
NothingMore905 says...

her grin became wider and revealed a tooth that looked like a fang to watch you as you slowly dissolve in the most painful way possible..she pointed to her temple especially with that small chip that i put inside your temple, you'll be feeling it here in 5 seconds, only you will be feeling the immense pain, not ethan, i'm gonna torture you until its time for me to destroy you...

Random avatar

Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:39 am
Abcdefg1 says...

What is she saying?! Ethan demanded. Ai's appearance seemed to be slowly devolving into some sort of creature. He wasn't sure if it was actually happening or if the voice was warping his perception, but it was starting to unnerve him. He glanced at Jamie, whose face reflected what Ethan was feeling.
She's implanted a chip in your head, The voice replied, sounding mildly exasperated.
WHAT?!
Honestly, I was rather excited to meet someone of her kind...an interesting challenge. But she is young, unpracticed, and excruciatingly arrogant.
What do you mean she put a chip in my head? Beads of sweat rolled down Ethan's back.
She means to force me out of you with it, The voice muttered. It will be...painful.
Suddenly, Ethan lurched forward, seizing with pain. It felt like his bones had been set on fire from the inside, boiling his organs within him. After a few seconds he surged forward, knocking a confused Ai to the side as he sprinted down the hallway. He ran until his muscles burned, finally collapsing inside a bathroom. Breathing heavily, he leaned his head against the cool tile, relief washing over him.
What...was...THAT.
That, my friend, is what happens when a Hack assaults your mind.
You mean...she did that on purpose? Why?
She cannot risk one of my kind infiltrating the school. She tried to remove me by force, sacrificing you in the process.
But...she's my friend. She wouldn't do that.
The voice snorted. Really, how stupid can you be? You've only known her for a day, dumbass. Did you really think she would care that much about a single Corrupted? After all, she has the 'greater good' to worry about.
Ethan lay exhausted on the bathroom floor, betrayal seeping into his heart.
It's always the ones you trust...

Back in the hallway, Ai stumbled back against the wall, bewildered. What just happened? She had the Warped pinned, they shouldn't have been able to escape, or hurt Ethan. She looked at Melody, eyes wide.
"What did you just do?" The glitch asked quietly, stepping back. Her round black eyes were full of horror.
"Why did you attack him?" Jamie demanded. "And what's happening to your face--what are you?"
Ai's eyes flicked between their hostile expressions. "W-what? No, I was trying to help!"
"By torturing him?" Jamie snarled. "By chasing him away? That didn't look like helping, Ai. That looked like an attack."
"I knew I shouldn't have trusted you," Melody said in a small voice. "I knew you were keeping something from me. Ethan was the only one who knew, right? You didn't want him to tell us, so you decided to take him out."
"Get behind me, Melody," Jamie said, pulling his sister toward him. He glared at Ai, eyes full of hate. "You. Don't ever come near her again."
Tears streamed down Melody's face as the two of them backed away.
"You're a monster," She whispered.

27 Reviews

Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:17 pm
NothingMore905 says...

she stepped back, those 3 words stabbed her through the heart and it was painful "i wasn't trying to hurt him, theres a warped inside him, killing him slowly.." her eyes welled with tears "i never meant to hurt anyone..." she quickly ran out of the room she went in the direction ethan went, she then snapped her fingers and the chip disappeared from ethans mind, she then went to the entrance of the school and walked out of the school, she didn't bother grabbing her things, just left..

Random avatar

Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:28 pm
Abcdefg1 says...

Melody watched her go, shivering in the sudden cold. Her body shifted and glitched, but she didn't feel anything. Just a gentle, chilly sinking feeling, like she was drifting to the bottom of a lake. Everything was dull and colorless, dancing before her eyes like she was looking through rippled glass.
"Come on, M," Jamie said, his voice distorted like her ears were full of water. "Let's go find Ethan."
She nodded, following him numbly down the corridor. The laptop sat on the floor, still plugged into the doorframe. As they walked by it dinged--download complete.

27 Reviews

Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:03 pm
NothingMore905 says...

tears streamed down her face, she tried wiping them away but they continued to fall, the 3 words melody said kept playing in her mind over and over again, she felt empty being so far from melody, she doesn't plan on going back, shes not welcome there, the people she cared about thought she was a..Monster she couldn't go back, they won't search for her, she brought just enough money to get an apartment to live in, she didn't wanna go back to grab her things, she knows she won't be missed..

Random avatar

Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:39 pm
Abcdefg1 says...

Melody wiped the tears from her face, looking down at the computer. She had forgotten what they'd been here for. Kneeling down she unplugged it from the wall, discarding the cord and placing the laptop in her bag.
Catching up to Jamie, she found him standing outside the boy's bathroom. She could hear odd scraping noises coming from inside. She looked at him.
"Is he hurt?"
"I don't know," He replied worriedly. "Stay here. I'm gonna go talk to him."
Jamie entered the bathroom, closing the door behind him. Ethan stood at the counter, leaning over a sink. He twisted the broken faucet back and forth, watching the water dribble out of a crack in its side.
"They have the budget for an entire restaurant, but they can't fix a single tap?" Jamie muttered. Ethan looked up, startled. His eyes were dark and red-rimmed, pupils shifting oddly as he stared around.
"I don't know how often they inspect their bathrooms," He replied, turning back to the faucet. Scrrch. Drip. Scrrch. Drip.
"I'm sorry about what happened," Jamie said, leaning his elbows on the counter beside him.
"It's not your fault," Ethan muttered. "You're not a prophet."
"Kinda wish I was, though. Just think of all the things that I could prevent..."
Ethan was silent, twisting the faucet back and forth. Scrrch. Drip. Scrrch. Drip.
"...I think I'm broken," He said finally.
"Don't worry, Ai's gone. She can't hurt you now."
"No, it's not because of that. It's just..." He sighed. "I've never been very good at making friends. Whenever I try, the self-confidence drips out of me like a leaky faucet."
Scrrch. Drip. Scrrch. Drip.
"...And when I finally do meet someone, something always goes wrong. You know?"
Jamie was quiet for a moment, listening to the scraping of the tap.
"...Well, maybe it doesn't have to be like that this time," He said softly. "Sure, Ai betrayed us, but that doesn't mean we have to go our separate ways. The three of us can stay friends."
Ethan looked up, a tiny spark of hope in his eyes. "Yeah?"
"Yeah." Jamie put one arm around his shoulders, smiling gently. "We need to stick together."

27 Reviews

Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:49 pm
NothingMore905 says...

she walked to the apartment she bought and went to the 2nd floor, walking inside the apartment, her eyes were dark and looked empty, she shut the door, there were already things in here that she needed except for the computers she had back at the dorm, she sat on the sofa, put headphones in and started listening to music, shes pretty far from the school, her hands were shaking but she couldn't figure out why..

Brain freezes are temporary, but milkshakes are forever.
— SilverNight