z

Young Writers Society

A School Of Corrupted Ones

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:10 am
NothingMore905 says...

she quickly ran inside her dorm and slammed her door shut, sitting on the bed, her hand was on her head and she was in pain to a point where she didn't wanna move i have to help melody before helping myself... she then sat there

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:38 am
Abcdefg1 says...

Sitting on Ethan's bed, Melody soon grew anxious.
Where's Ai? Shouldn't she be back by now?
"Hey, Ethan?"
"Yeah?"
"Will you be okay if I go for a bit? I'm worried about Ai."
"Go ahead. I need to work out some bugs anyway."
"Thanks," Melody jogged out of the room. "Ai? Ai, where are you?"
I should check her room. That's where all her tech is.
Turning the corner, she made her way toward dorm C20. The door was ajar, and Melody thought she could hear groaning from inside. Panic made her glitch painfully. What was going on?
"Ai? Are you okay?" She pushed open the door to see her friend on the bed, doubled over in pain. Tears leaked from her multicolored eyes, and her teeth were gritted in agony. Her body shifted and blurred in a way Melody had never seen before.
"Oh my god. What's happening? Do I need to get the nurse?"

27 Reviews

Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:22 pm
NothingMore905 says...

she shook her head slowly, the screen with her code was open and it looked to be jumbled into tiny pieces, it wasn't even readable anymore and she didn't have time to turn the screen off, she was silent but in serious pain from her code acting this way right after what happened why now..?

Random avatar

Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:49 pm
Abcdefg1 says...

Melody was panicking. She didn't know what to do, or how to help, or how to do anything. Should she take Ai to the nurse anyway? Would that fix anything? Should she try to repair the code herself? No, she didn't know how to do that properly. What was she supposed to do?
As she stood there her body suddenly spasmed with static. She crumpled to the ground, head on her knees. No no no...not now! I'm completely useless now!
Gritting her teeth in frustration she let out a scream, hoping someone, anyone would hear and get help. It was all she could wish for now.

27 Reviews

Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:06 pm
NothingMore905 says...

she stood up slowly, walked over to melody slowly, kneeled in front of her and hugged her, sitting there until she calmed down and the code on the screen was slowly going back together but the screen closed before melody could see

Random avatar

Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:12 pm
Abcdefg1 says...

Melody gasped, unsure of what was going on. She leaned forward, resting her head against Ai's shoulder.

27 Reviews

Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:17 pm
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"i'm fine now, no need to worry, it happens often but only lasts for about 5 minutes" she smiles and closes her eyes, sitting there with melody in her arms silently

Random avatar

Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:32 pm
Abcdefg1 says...

"Guys! Guys! I figured it out! The--" Ethan skidded around the corner. "...um, am I interrupting something?"

27 Reviews

Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:37 pm
NothingMore905 says...

she let melody go and stood up, putting hand out to her "you could say that, but everythings fine now" she smiled at melody

Random avatar

Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:39 pm
Abcdefg1 says...

Melody smiled back. "Are you sure you're going to be okay?"

27 Reviews

Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:48 pm
NothingMore905 says...

"yes, i'll be fine, if your worried, you can spend the night here" she helped melody up, smiling

Random avatar

Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:42 pm
Abcdefg1 says...

"Thanks," She turned to Ethan, who was practically vibrating with excitement. "What did you find?"
"Follow me!" He bounced down the hallway, Ai and Melody trailing behind.

27 Reviews

Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:55 pm
NothingMore905 says...

"your quite welcome" she smiled at melody once again and continued following behind ethan

Random avatar

Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:38 pm
Abcdefg1 says...

"So, what did you find?" Melody asked as they re-entered Ethan's dorm.
"Well, the algorithms results were inconclusive when I ran the initial tests," He explained. "I thought it could have been because of the substance being analyzed, but decided to run some diagnostics just in case. Turns out, the only issue was an extra number in the coding. So, I fixed that and...boom."
He pointed to the screen, holding the computer up for them to see. The girls leaned closer, squinting at the tiny black letters.
"Error 0x000314CE? What's that?"
"It's a virus code," Ethan explained excitedly. "Sometimes used to trick people into thinking their computer's been hacked. But the most common--and dangerous--way that it's used is to shift reality itself."
Melody's eyes widened. "So that means--"
"--it's definitely a Warped material! We have proof!" Ethan spun around, doing a weird little jig. Melody cheered.
"Let's go show this to the headmaster!"

27 Reviews

Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:33 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"that code...its very familiar to me.." she kept staring at the code, deep in thought, silent and then said "its similar to mine but 10x more dangerous, i don't remember having any relatives with this code...i can't seem to put my finger on it though.."

To answer before listening—that is folly and shame.
— Proverbs 18:13