z

Young Writers Society

Questions about posting..

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:01 am
Amnien says...

Hey guys! So I've been browsing the site (Which I love, by the way!) and I was about to post my first chapter of my short story. First, I was wondering, if I was to post my story chapter by chapter if I could also post it in the full length novel section once it was completed? Or would that be considered a double posting of the same story?

Thanks for any answers! :)
Simply Crazed.

Once you see death up close, then you know what the value of life is. - SAW VI

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:05 pm
Demeter says...

Hi Amnien! Welcome to YWS!

I doubt there's any rules against doing that, but personally, I would consider it double-posting, which it technically is. However, I understand the point -- by posting it chapter by chapter you'll get reviews on small parts of the story, whereas posting the whole novel you would also get opinions about the story as a whole, instead of sections.

I feel like I should give you a better answer, but all I can say is that I probably wouldn't do it myself. :)

See you around!

Demeter
x
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:53 pm
Rosendorn says...

According to Nate, you're allowed to do both. It's probably best that you not post all your novel chapter-by-chapter, since then there's at least some of it that's not double-posted, but I don't think there are rules against posting your novel in the AC [Advance Critique] and in the respective YWS forum.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:14 pm
Blink says...

What Rosey and Demi said. ^^

But if I could just add - I'd recommend doing only one at a time, but I'm sure it'd be perfectly acceptable to maybe get comments chapter-by-chapter and then post a completely revised version in the AC forum (as in, more than just nitpicks - large rewrites) or vice-versa.

At least, that would probably be a good tactic. :wink:

Blinky
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

27 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:29 am
Amnien says...

So let's say I post my story chapter by chapter. But only post my first draft. It would be ok to repost the fully finished version (Even if it's just minor changes.) In the AC forum?
Simply Crazed.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:45 pm
Rosendorn says...

Yep!

Although, if you post your whole novel chapter by chapter and have somebody reviewing all sections, you might end up with a lot more than "just a few changes" at the end. :lol:
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

27 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:13 pm
Amnien says...

Haha, OK thanks!
Simply Crazed.

As the notifications drift in I stop and wonder. Why do they take so long? Do they have adventures we don't know about? I bet they do. When they come I will ask myself. What amazing adventure has this straggling notification been on? How far did it travel, and why didn't it take me?
— TypoWithoutCoffee