z

Young Writers Society

Inquiry about trophies

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:18 pm
Thediffident says...

Hello! I'm new and am still not familiar with a lot of things on this site. Just wanted to get information about what exactly trophies are and what one needs to do in order to earn them.
|Andy|she/her|

They told me all of my cages were mental
So I got wasted like all my potential

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:08 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Hi @Thediffident, hope you're enjoying YWS so far! That's a great question - there are many ways on YWS to earn trophies depending on what you like to do on the site.

Trophies are little images / badges displayed on a person's profile to show their victories and accomplishments. They have no monetary or trade-in value, but they are a fun way to display what you've accomplished while on the site, and many are limited-edition or only able to be earned during a limited time period. You can see what trophies a user has by going to their profile and clicking "trophies" in the options under their profile banner. For instance here's the link to mine: profile/lliyah/trophies

Here are a few of my favorites that I've earned:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Trophies are given out for many of the "official" YWS Mod-ran contests and events.

Some common places to earn trophies:

If you complete different review challenges you can earn trophies in the Knights of the Green Room

If you are into Storybooking / Roleplaying, they've actually just launched a new challenge system for badges / trophies here.

The 23in23 Club also gives out trophies for logging your writing throughout the month. And you can ask one of their admins (Omni, Spearmint, Spatula, KateHardy) for more information on how to join in. You can join that challenge any time during the year so it's not too late if you want to get involved.

You can watch the contest forum for official writing contests that come up from time to time.

And many of our "classic YWS yearly events" like NaPo (National Poetry Month in April), NaNo (National Novel Writing Month in November), RP Month, Review Month (September), Social Month (February), YWS Birthday Week (November) also usually have specific challenges or check-ins to earn trophies throughout the year.

Hope that helps!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:23 pm
Thediffident says...

Thank you so much for the help!
|Andy|she/her|

They told me all of my cages were mental
So I got wasted like all my potential

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:27 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

No problem! :)
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind