z

Young Writers Society

Stanza Format

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:36 am
mb1221 says...

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how I can go about leaving a gap between stanzas in my poetry work? I haven't submitted a poem for a few years, so I couldn't figure it out :)

When I format it, I leave an empty line between each stanza but once I click "save changes", the stanzas still look all connected.

I found a temporary solution by typing a single dot (.) between each stanza for now.

Thanks

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:19 pm
alliyah says...

@mb1221

For poetry related questions, you may have better luck asking in the Poetry Discussion Forums: viewforum.php?f=73

Here's the article on how to format your poetry on YWS: Formatting poetry #3

Basically there are a few options.

1) When you click "enter" for a space, you can try holding the "Shift" key.

2) You can click "</>" this button in the publishing center and then post "<br>" at the end of every line break and on blank lines to retain lines.

3) You could try posting the piece as a picture.

4) You can make-do with adding dashes or dots in the space that you intended to be blank.

:) Hope one of those methods work! I tend to do method 2 and when I'm stuck I reference that formatting article.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:32 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

This is a site based question, @alliyah , which is a better fit in Questions and Answers! I have moved it there.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:33 pm
Iggy says...

You can also do <p></p>, which is why I did for my most recent poem. I was where you are right now, confused. xD
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

You must never give into despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road, and you surrender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.
— Uncle Iroh