z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:27 am
OverEasy says...

In order for something to count as a review it has to be 250 characters long. It's possible that your posts have just not been long enough to count as a review :)
Life is for living.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:31 am
callmeLily73 says...

Thank you!!!
Be yourself
And no one else
dance to the beat
and loose control
Never forget who you are
Be an unforgettable shining star*

Reviews: 4
Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:54 pm
Anchees says...

Hi Nate, What is an ICQ Number and where can I get one?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:09 pm
Nate says...

Anchees wrote:Hi Nate, What is an ICQ Number and where can I get one?

ICQ is more or less defunct. It's an instant messaging program that used to be really popular, but not used much anymore. If you want to know more about it or get it, just google it.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:01 pm
Snoink says...

OverEasy wrote:In order for something to count as a review it has to be 250 characters long. It's possible that your posts have just not been long enough to count as a review :)

Also! Please don't do this for reviews:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kid you not, I've actually seen this done... multiple times... from different members. -_-

Anyway, the best thing to do (if you're hoping to fill up a critique is to use full sentences with proper spellings (you vs. u... you get three more characters!) and tell exactly what you liked or disliked. After a while, it gets hard to write anything which isn't 250 characters long. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:22 pm
Drawers says...

Sorry I'm posting again... I just thought of another question.
Is there a way you can respond to the reviews people give you on your stories?

Also: How do you know when you get reviews/ratings? I just logged in and checked my post out of interest and was surprised to find that I had two reviews. Is there a way to get notifications for stuff like that?
Thanks again! :P
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:26 pm
AquaMarine says...

If you want to respond to a review, you just click on the 'reply' button at the bottom of the topic. Alternatively, you can private message the user!

And there is no way (I think?) to get notifications about reviews. I'd just check your work frequently.
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:52 pm
BenFranks says...

You can click "My YWS" => "Subscriptions" and all the work submitted by you or commented on by you will automatically show up here with a little orange thingy next to the icon to say if you have a new post. That's how I keep up-to-date.

315 Reviews

Reviews: 315
Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:40 am
Navita says...

About the whole copyright thing...I would love to put some of my work up, but I also may intend to publish a book of my works some time in the future. I don't know - is it okay to still put them up here? No thiefs?

Sorry - I know it's a real explicit question - can't phrase it any other way.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:46 am
Elinor says...

It's alright dear. The question has come up many times before, but rest assured, you are safe.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:08 am
Day says...

@Elinor and Navita:

I was wondering how you could possibly be safe. What if someone managed to discover/hack your username and password. They could claim to be you when in reality they weren't and steal everything.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:12 am
Elinor says...

I'm not the best person to answer that, DayDreams. Those kinds of questions are better directed at a moderator, who has either a light or dark green name.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:30 am
Kamas says...

Alright, account hacking is rare, and to tell you the truth people won't waste their time on young writers like us. Not to say you or anyone else here is untalented, but hackers are going to spend their time hacking someone they can mooch off of. If you are concerned for your account, I suggest a strong password.

(A general guideline for a good password is: at least 7 letters, 4 numbers and one odd character)

Otherwise, it's really nothing to worry about.
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:09 pm
cannibalcorpse3 says...

Would we be allowed to post death metal lyrics if we label them 18+? Or do we even have to if they don't have any profanity? Or is violence just prohibited, no matter how ridiculously blunt (the lyrics I have in question are about zombies).
The remainder is, An unjustifiable, egotistical, power struggle, At the expense of the American Dream.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:30 pm
Kamas says...

If you rate it correctly, then you can post it. Violence isn't prohibited or stories would get really boring. You can what you want in your stories. The rating system goes as such:

E: For everyone, even Ewoks. You could read it to a teddy bear and not have to worry about a thing.

12+: Maybe the topic deals with something serious or contains a couple of low-key curse words.

16+: The topic has some minor mature content. If it's talking about a mature situation or an act of violence, it should be rated 16+.

18+: A topic should be rated R if it has any of the following elements:

- Graphic content
- It is sexually explicit
- Has strong language
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

It's Monday and you folks are beginning to wonder about the show, aren't you
— David Letterman