z

Young Writers Society

Multi-Blood Man! [Rated R for Twisted Humor]

Should this be put on YWS boards as a full-time comic?

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes : 18

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:13 am
Splintered_Thorn says...

This comic is under judgment. If it gets an "OK" then it will be published. Until then, here's a preview!

***PREVIEW!***

And when you vote, please post why you voted.
Last edited by Splintered_Thorn on Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:08 am, edited 4 times in total.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:24 am
Sponson Light says...

We here have a "newsletter" type dealie.
Noone reads it.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

27 Reviews

Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:28 am
Splintered_Thorn says...

well, that's kinda sad that no one reads it, but it's more of a comic book in my opinion.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:37 am
electricbluemonkey says...

You kinda spelled rapist wrong.

Yeh.

Does this really deserve and R rating? I don't really see the twisted humor.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

27 Reviews

Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:58 am
Splintered_Thorn says...

you haven't seen the actual episodes (especially comic #2 and #6)

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:13 pm
Sureal says...

I voted no:

- It doesn't appeal to me,
- It's hard to follow (remember: you go from left to right, from top to bottom),
- You didn't use a clear piece of paper (I can see a scribbled version of the comic behind it),
- There is no clear storyline,
- No clear punchline either,
- I've never really liked such dirtied-up-spoofed humour (eg. The Gaytrix).
I wrote the above just for you.

Random avatar

Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:22 pm
Sponson Light says...

oof tough crowd
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

27 Reviews

Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:23 pm
Splintered_Thorn says...

A) I meant for the background to hold the original drawing, otherwise I would have fixed it when I uploaded it (I'm not blind)
B) This doesn't show the story because it just gives the basic background information.

Thus, through the voting, I've decided to start posting the episodes! Thank you all for helping out!

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:28 pm
Bobo says...

Yeah, since the voting so clearly shows that most of us say "yes" [/sarcasm]

But seriously, a child rapist? That, in my opinion, has no place either in humor or on a YOUNG Writers' Board. And Multi-Blood Man is one of the least creative superhero names I've ever heard, and doesn't even sound like who he is. It sounds like he's someone with the power to control blood or something, not someone who can switch between Oprah and some [insert swear word here].

27 Reviews

Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:31 pm
Splintered_Thorn says...

Eh, I've gone against the majority before. And his name has to do with how he got his powers.

481 Reviews

Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:42 pm
Bobo says...

Why would you name a superhero after how he got his powers? The method in obtaining powers is hardly what defines the hero. Besides, having the blood of different people doesn't make you act like different people.

27 Reviews

Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:47 pm
Splintered_Thorn says...

I have to disagree. The way someone gets their powers can completely define that person. In this case it tells how he got his powers, and what his powers are. Do you criticize "Flash" for having a name defining the fact that he runs fast? Or "Green Arrow" for saying what he uses as a weapon? Also, in the world of comics, not everything has to make sense. Did we criticize "Superman" for being an alien that looks exactly like a human? Do we criticize Batman for not really having any powers, but the power of wealth? Do we criticize the TMNT because in reality the mutagen would have actually killed a real animal because their biological DNA would have broken?

481 Reviews

Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:49 am
Bobo says...

Okay, so the reasons people get their powers rarely make sense, but I think it makes perfect sense that an alien would look human, being a Christian myself. "Multi-blood man" does not tell what his powers are at all, only how he got them. If his name did describe his powers, like most the other superheroes you described, it would make perfect sense. And what does Batman having no real powers have to do with it being a bad idea to name someone after where they got their powers from? It's a completely different subject, and doesn't even relate to his name. At least his name sounds creative.

27 Reviews

Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:09 am
Splintered_Thorn says...

I guess the idea of mutations makes since because of your religeon also. And they do, his powers are that he got injected with the blood of both Oprah and a child rapist, those two blood intertwined with his inner DNA, and caused a chain reaction inside his body, now the three personas are intertwined in his body. THEREFORE, Multi-Blood Man, the name, makes perfect sense at pointing out his powers. Which are to switch between the personas, and the blood, of the other two in his body. If you had actualy read my last post, you would have known I was using examples, about criticizing superheros. And also, Batman was created because of the hype of the "Superman" comic. Multi-Blood Man was made because I wanted to, not because I thought it would catch on.

Random avatar

Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:44 am
Sponson Light says...

Explain Spiderman!

bizzatch
he obviously got it from a spider, just for the run, you dont call someone who got their powers from a spider "Snakeman"

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
— Henry David Thoreau, "Walden"