z

Young Writers Society

Beet's Rare HP Fanart ;P

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:45 am
QiGuaiGongFu says...

I dont have a way of scanning artwork, as I'm at college, and without a scanner.

You could use paint solvent. I dont know how it will effect colored pencil, it would be interesting to see. the edge of a razor would take some of the surface away, which would lighten up the surface (instead of the art gum eraser) a light touch with the art gum eraser would smear it somewhat, and take away from the colored pencil feeling. You could take some sandpaper to the edges, it will take away some of the surface, but it will also move it around, and take away from the texture as well. (i'm a fan of sandpaper and graphite)

My best advice is to just experiment with the medium some more to see what works for you.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:11 am
sabradan says...

I really like them alot, especially Lupin and Bella Lestrange. Personally, I always assumed/imagined/thought Tonks had really long hair, but maybe thats just me.

My only real "criticism" is the fact that, like Qi said, I can very easily tell its colored pencil, and the fact that at times, some of them do look kinda flat, as in, particularly Tonks' face. Try shading with soft grafite, or a gum eraser, those usually do the trick.

Overall, very good. I could never draw human figures that well without a pic or a model. BRAVO!
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

"I never expected that I should be a queen so soon."
— Alice's Adventures in Wonderland