z

Young Writers Society

Beet's Rare HP Fanart ;P

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:08 am
Beethoven says...

Thought I'd show a few of my HP fan art things. I'm not usually into fan anything, but I was in the mood, so... ^_^

Just remember, these could have been better if I had models, but, alas, I have none. Heh.
All in coloured pencils (Prismacolor!)

Bellatrix Lestrange, before Azkaban, of course.

Nymphadora Tonks

Originally Remus Lupin, but I wasn't quite happy with how he turned out. Grey hair didn't turn out as well in scan.

So, yeah. There's a bit of my style.
Your existence is overbearing.

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:23 am
J. Haux says...

I like it!

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:15 am
Bobo says...

Sweet!

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:04 am
Emma says...

Wow - Your work is very nice. I like your style. Your colouring is really good. I wish I was as good as you. Remus Lupin looks very tired in the picture! But he is meant to be like that.

I love your art. You should post more - Or I shall kill you ;)

Random avatar

Reviews: 91
Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:44 am
Nox says...

I like Bellatrix Lestrange the best but they're all good. :D
In all the time we have
There is never enough time
To show what is in our heart.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:44 pm
Jennafina says...

Wow those are awesome! Belatrix looks very evil, Tonks looks pretty, and I don't know how you can say lupin isn't good. He's fantastic! Exactly how I'd imagened him! I love the eyes.

It apears that I've started a trend :) lol.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

53 Reviews

Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:24 pm
Beethoven says...

lol, you have indeed. Your post was what reminded me of these ^_^

And Emma, lol, don't worry, I'll get more up. Heehee

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:50 pm
deleted6 says...

Mental, Mental an you did me favourite Charecter yay.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:26 am
antigone says...

Awesome pictures! Bellatrix looks deliciously evil. The other two are nothing like how I imagine them but still great drawings. Very cool.
Siempre, siempre: jardin de mi agonia,
tu cuerpo fugitivo para siempre,
la sangre de tus venas en mi boca,
tu boca ya sin luz para mi muerte.

-From 'Del amor imprevisto', Federico Garcia Lorca

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:50 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

pretty sweet drawings, not hwo i imagined them, but pretty good.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:39 pm
Duskglimmer says...

I really like how you did Bellatrix Lestrange. Nicely done.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:41 pm
Emma says...

Dargquon Ql'deleodna wrote:pretty sweet drawings, not hwo i imagined them, but pretty good.

I actually imagined Lupin hot... But so were all the men... Hehe

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:34 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

Same thing here as with the others. Your relying on line work to display shadow. You lose a lot of the potential depth that way. Especially with Lupin, the picture feels very flat, and looks unreal. If you were to smooth out the cheak shadow, and darken the back of his hair, lighten the front of it, it might feel more like a head with hair than a drawing.

The second one also seems a little flat. Take your finger and darken it up with some soft graphite and run it along the outside of her cheak and under her chin, and it will seem a little more three dimensional. right now, however, she is so pale and the heaviness of the line is similar all the way around. I dont know where the light is coming from, and I dont know how deep her head is. You could actually get rid of the lines to define her jaw, and define it with shadow instead. This will give a better feel for light and shadow, and less of a feel for cartooning.

I could tell almost immediately that these were done with colored pencil, which, in all honesty is a bad thing. Again, especially with Lupin, your untensil of choice is obvious.

The first one is your best piece here. I think you could do some negative work on top of the chest, where it is the lightest, by running an art gum eraser lightly over the top of it. This will smoothe it out somewhat, and give it a little more depth. Again, running your finger around her eyes will make it seem more like a shadow, and less like a prismacolor pencil. Same for undernieth her bosom.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

53 Reviews

Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:46 am
Beethoven says...

This will give a better feel for light and shadow, and less of a feel for cartooning.

Actually, they were supposed to be more cartoony ^_^ That's how my casual style is, unless I have a model or pic to look at.

I've never had much luck smearing coloured pencils. I haven't worked with the medium much, I'll admit (usually just flippant colouring as these were, just for fun). I think I've only done one or two real 'paintings.' Any suggestions on how to smear these? (I have plenty of practice in smearing in itself- pastels are, after all, my favorite medium... maybe next to watercolour. It's just these darned coloured pencils ^_~)

I really appreciate your critiques, Qi. I feel you have a good grasp on art. Do you have a portfolio on here?
Last edited by Beethoven on Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:02 am
Areida says...

Think I like Lupin best, but they're all cool. Bella's outfit is awesome.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

More than anything she wanted the world to be uncomplicated, for right and wrong to be as easily divided as the black and white sections of an Oreo. But the world was not a cookie.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes