z

Young Writers Society

Horse

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:03 pm
MeadowLark says...

I have got to be the worlds worst artist but hey, I try. My scanner isn't the best and I think it made it slightly fuzzier. It looks better on paper. I know the hooves and the legs are a little...weird but, like I said. I'm a horrible artist. Tell me what you think ^_^
Attachments
scan0002.jpg
scan0002.jpg (45.39 KiB) Viewed 263 times
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:18 pm
Shauni says...

Hi there! Oww....This is pretty good. Must better than any horse I would do. :P
I scanners that don't work very well, they are a waste of money and time -.-'

Now the actual review:

1)It is very well proportionated. Very well indeed, except for the tail that it's a bit strange. We can't notice the limit lines of it. It could be a bit darker. B+ on this first point.

2) The horse's mane is too short. It doesn't look natural/normal. C

3) The sketch lines: They are to blank, I no the scanner doesn't help but they could be more visible and define. The is a irregularity on the lines. Too many ups and downs and undefined lines. B+

4)Details: The horse, normally, is a very muscular animal. I think you could capture it, but not totally.The muscles could be more define. The head is very nice but the paws could be better. A

5)The shades aren't that much but the sketch doesn't need them so much. Again, it could be more define but I will give the discount for the scanner. A :P

Overall: I really enjoy it!:D You have lots of potential and use it in your favor!
MORE, please!:D

Excellent piece of ART!! :D

~Shauni

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:21 pm
Telina says...

Hey, I'm Telina.

I love horses, I think you did a pretty darn(can I say that?) good job!
You're right, the legs and hooves are a bit off but you're so close!!
The right hind leg is the best I think.

For drawing the points in the horse where there would be muscle movement you did good, it matches with his stance.

The chest is done really well, along with it's back.

The tail doesn't look natural and the mane is a little short.

The head is amazing! Great shading on the nose!

I think it's all really good, keep working on the legs, hope to see more of your horses later.

Telina

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:43 pm
julie_bird56783 says...

Hey there!
Very nice job! I envy those that have artistic ability, quite frankly, I could not draw a recognizable form if my life depended on it. :D Anyway, very good well-proportioned drawing. It looked quite realistic which I think counts for some major props. So there's that. Only problem I could see, (remember, I'm not a certified art critic) was that yes, the mane looked a bit too short and unnatural. Maybe its just brushed to the other side. But I'd like to see the mane better. Other than that great job!
I'm obsessively opposed to the typical.
-Lady Gaga "The Fame"

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:18 am
MeadowLark says...

The mane and tail are a little off, I know that. Truth be told, the hind quarters I had the hardest time with. Especially the right hind leg. I didn't spend too much time on the hooves because I knew it would take me forever to perfect them. Thanks for the awesome comments. I'll make sure to fix up the tail and mane. Oh and the only reason it's short behind the ears is because people shave the hair there for the bridle path ^_^
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:46 am
Twit says...

Really, really good! I like the slightly fuzzy feel this has to it, like a ghost horse or a dream horse. ^_^

I know you mentioned the hooves already, but they are really rough. If you defined the ankles more, I think that would help. And the ears. They look very flat, so maybe you could 3-D-alise them?

Otherwise, really nice! *stars*
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:14 pm
Katemabob says...

Oh my god! You should submit more stuff! You're really good! Amazing, actually. Why do you say you are a bad artist? You're not!
Review: I think that you should fix the eye a bit... It should have more of a shape to it... that's it. I think that the mane and tail are both fine. People say the mane is short, but I think it is okay because it is quite possible to cut a horse's mane shorter. Actually there is another thing: The legs (though I know you have heard this already, I am just saying what I might do to make them better) Um... fix the hooves, give them more shape... and fix the very front leg, it looks too stiff. ANyways that's it! just a few corrections and it is a PERFECT picture! *gold star!*
Be crazy, be wild, be silly...
Because life is too short to be cool.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:57 pm
VampireBloodrace says...

Wow! Very well drawn! I've tried drawing horses before too, and none of them look nearly as good as this. You might want to put more emphasis on the muscles though. They are very strong and you can see muscles practically all over their body. I'd say the front left hoof and the back right hoof need to be fixed a little. The right front leg also seems a little.......big? ANyway, great job on the tail and face - that's where I usually mess up on my horse drawings :)
Friends are life
Music is life
Love is life
Writing is life
Hate is Death

How can I be king of the world? Because I am king of rubbish. And rubbish is what the world is made of.
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane