z

Young Writers Society

Mercedes CLS

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:21 am
Juniper says...

I take thousands of pictures of cats, and draw millions of pictures of cars. It's a habit.

Here's a sketch of my dream car, Mercedes CLS 500. I think this is my best draft ever :D, but even still I can't say it's entirely mine. I traced it, and then photoshopped it for shading and stuff. (All I did was edit contrast, blur, contrast, blur, reduce texture, and edit brightness... which really didn't go so well because I couldn't add color like I wanted)

And! I can't draw another tire in the front. I just. Can't.

Enjoy!

I though it'd be wrong to sign it since I traced it, and a friend helped me on shading ^^.
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:13 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Nice! But honestly, that missing tire is very noticeable.
Other than that, it looks awesome. Love the shading.

-Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:58 am
Lava says...

HI!

Yeah, the missing tyre is very noticable. Otherwise, I really liked it. Why don't you try drawing free hand? Once you've traced, now try free hand. It shouldn't be that hard. That's what I do, build myself up to the challenge of drawing. (I know that sounds funny! :lol:)

The shading effects are really nice.

I feel that the shadow of the car should slightly extend under the front hood also though.

Anyways,
~Lava
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:26 am
Scorpia says...

It is so good, like proffesion--except for the fact that I keep expecting the left side to tipp over, lol. You need that tire back! Great job otherwise. I can see why you'd want that car, it's beautiful. :) Take care, and draw some more when you get the time.
Feel the urge to give some constructive criticism? Why not give it to these stories?

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1298113/Scorpia710

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:26 am
Juniper says...

Hm, I wonder... if I was to fill in the entire space under the car with black would that do it justice? I mean, like, putting a shadow under the car that kind of blends with the tire? XD A wheel is just too hard to add!
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:41 am
Telina says...

At first I was just amazed but then I tilted my head to see what was missing ha-ha.
I'm just afraid that beautifully drawn car is going to fall over without that other tire!

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:48 pm
fluteluvr77 says...

Haha, the missing tire is noticeable...But, I'm pretty sure your idea with shading the bottom of the car and making that the shadow will work pretty well...This is a really good drawing and the only other critique I have is to make your lines darker and more noticeable...For instance, right in front of the right-hand side mirror you can't really tell exactly where the car ends and the background begins...Amazing job on the shading! It looks really realistic! It's a beautiful car!
fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:53 am
Meep(: says...

Hey June!
Let's get down to business, shall we? :D
Firstly, this was a brilliant trace.
Excellent precision.
Your shading technique, as I have noted many times, is also very skilled.
You are able to blend the shades very well, and the fading effect you create is awesome.
I can't do that. It slowly darkens/lightens and I don't really see any 'line' that shows where the shading turns darker/lighter.
Very smooth and flowing tones.
However, the right side of the car looks like it could use some more shading, because the contrast between it and the front of the car, makes it a bit unnatural looking.
The hood of the car gives me an impression of 'shine', which is wonderful, because that's the effect we want to see.
The side wasn't very 'shiny' looking, though. There's something...flat about it.
Are the rubber on the wheel tyres really supposed to be that thin?
The detail of the hubcap was good.
It was already pointed out that the wheel on the right side is missing. I'd suggest you add that in, because the car looks a tad handicapped :D
And maybe add some shadows to the ground/air. You've already put a little ground shading underneath the car, but it still resembles a floating vehicle soomewhat.
Overall, very realistic drawing. Your detail and shading are extremely well done.
Gold star, m'dear.
I envy your talent :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:10 pm
mimimac says...

heey
I honestly thought you had copied and pasted this pic from google or something!
GREAAT job, the shading's awesome and there's lots of detail. I love the wheels... you should try do the other one though coz it's sort of noticable.
Keep up the great work :)
xxmimixx
-mors aut honorabilis vita-

Forget the prince with a horse, I want a vampire with a volvo.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:11 pm
ChildofEden says...

Well hello and good marrow to you!
*cracks knuckles* Hokay, where to begin...

1. Cars need all 4 tires to move and LOOK correct. As has been stated, Draw your tire! If you can trace this, you can certainly attempt a tire.
2. I'm drooling over what part of the car IS there....very, very desirable car. Muy Bueno.
3. Thank you for at least stating you traced this. Kudos for being honest.
4. Now that you've shown you can trace marvelously, try some freehand! Who knows, you could rock there too!.

That is all I have to say, you've done a very good job, and I'm sure you're going to do even better in the future!

Toodles!

Eden
The Future Belongs To Those Who Believe In The Beauty Of Their Dreams. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

My God, oh how you've changed me; broken, shaped, and rearanged me. How you've knocked me down so you could pick me up.

a little humanity makes all the difference
— Rosendorn