z

Young Writers Society

Wintery Wonderland.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:04 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

Exciting photos of our ice storm.

--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:32 pm
Rosendorn says...

Wow. That's a storm.

First picture- I like the effect of catching the sun through the ice, but it might have been better to be facing more towards the tree. Then you wouldn't get the shed, and the outermost branches would be more visible.

Second picture- Nothing bad to say about it. It's so stunning with the black of ice, sunlight and tree bark.

Third picture- A little bland, really. Maybe if you had focused on the individual flower groupings and caught the play of ice there it would have been better. Right now there is a lot going on and you don't quite know what to focus on.

Fourth picture- The tree on the left robs this picture of it's lightness. Your eye is just drawn right to the dark of the tree and it's branches rather then the really nice blues, whites and browns of the rest of the picture.

Fifth- Nice effect, but the outside is almost all white. If you're going to do a silhouette like that, make the silhouette simpler and take away all the distractions in the background, like the center bar for the door.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:57 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

Thanks Rosey. Here's a few more.

--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:53 am
Tabithalillian says...

we had a simmilar ice story a few days ago, and now another blizzard! Whew! Well these pictures were really awesome (I also posted ice storm pics!) and I really liked the rose and the first one! I thought they were so pretty and of course every thing is just so pretty when it's covered in ice. THat is until the power goes out, but besides that great pictures!
Living in a tower

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:38 pm
Juniper says...

Ice storm! Yay! I wish I had the ice storm. All I had was snow that turned to ice. Not fair.

In your first post, the first picture is best :). I like it.

In the second, I like the heart and the second-to-last one. Great job, keep them up!

xxJune
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:36 pm
Lava says...

They are all really good. I love the way you've captured the ice in the first shot. It's the best of them all. Tjough as Rosey said, the building could've been removed from the picture.

2nd shot:
I love the colour play, the lighting and all.

The third one is quite ok, but not really focussing on anyting specific, I think.

Fourth one is good and the fifth is really good. The silhouette effect has come out well.

In your second post,
The first is trulybrliant. Though you could've tried focussing a bit more.

2nd: Loved it. Nothing wrong with it, I feel.

3rd: It's really nice but I think you could have made it look more like a silhouette.

4th: Another really nice one, though it would be better if the whit space to the right of the tree is removed.

5th and 6th: I'm guessing they're the same. The 6th is much better than the 5th. I really like it. I thought that in the 5th the circular thing (I'm not sure what it is) kind of ruined the effect.

On the whole, a brilliant set of photos. :) Loved seeing these!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:32 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Second post-

First picture: Nice! I love the detail on the ice and how close you got.

Second picture: A fairy land! The rainbow shimmers on the foreground branches are nicely set off by the dark tree in the background.

Third picture: A better silhouette then your first post, but now the background is lacking. If you had pointed at it strait on and gotten trees instead of the rails for your deck it would have been better in my opinion.

Fourth picture: Absolutely gorgeous! I do have one little nit-pick though, you could crop the trunk out. It's the only thing in the picture that doesn't sparkle. But because of the stunning branches, it's not that important.

Fifth picture: A very nice effect, but the trampoline could stand to be cropped out. Keep the snow at the base of the trees, though. I liked that.

Sixth picture: Wow. Just, wow.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

You can't fool me! I listen to public radio!
— Squidward Tentacles