z

Young Writers Society

Ice Storm Pictures

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:22 pm
Tabithalillian says...

Ok, well we just got a huge storm, snow day on friday (more like ice day) But we have had no power since five oclock yesterday morning and the electricity companies are telling us not to expect it back for a few days, I am at a friends house right now so I have some internet for one whole hour! I took my camera yesterday morning and took a couple of pictures of what it looked like out side so I could share some on here and get to hear what people think of them. (of course I had to run inside because branches started cracking off and falling a little to close for comfort).
Last edited by Tabithalillian on Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Living in a tower

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:19 pm
Juniper says...

-squee!-
The ice storm missed us, somehow, I secretly wanted it for the wintry goodness and everything.

Nice pictures! They are a little large, but good :). I like the first one most :).

Keep up the photography and hope your power gets back on soon ^^
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:01 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

Those are cool!

1. A little too dark/big
2 and 3: Those are really nice pictures! Ice seems to have missed my part of the country...
4. Eh. It's a little bland.

Next time try to change the dimensions, if possible.

:)
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:05 pm
Night Mistress says...

everything is beautiful when it encased in Ice.

your picture are too big. size them down a bit by using the crop feature.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

86 Reviews

Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:06 pm
Tabithalillian says...

thanks guys! Power came of about two minutes ago and of course I ran and opened my computer first thing. I just hope our heat catches up soon and I think I am going to resize them as soon as I get total feeling back in my fingers! Thanks, and it did help with the wintery goodness factor though. (I was siunging the snow miser song every five minutes)
Living in a tower

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:00 pm
WaterVyper says...

I loved these. They were really cool. I don't see much snow/ice at all, unless I go out of the country. Even then, I mostly go to the places where it doesn't snow. Anyway, I liked the second one the best. There's this one part that looks like a head. It's on the right side, near the corner. Great work!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:25 am
niccy_v says...

These sort of reminded me of New Zealand when i went there in July, i have pics so similar to those, just with leafier trees.

They're impressive - holy wack you must have a good camera, or at least one with a high quality macro!

The first - is that ice? It's a very nice pic, it was my favourite.
Writing gives my life purpose

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:17 pm
Maki-Chan says...

That looks so c00l! I have seen that before, but not on that type of plant. It looks so pretty all cacooned in ice. Nice job ^_^
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:23 pm
Nutty says...

They are awesome. ^^ I live in New Zealand and they don't remind me of here- I was actually wishing we had ice like that here :p
But then I live in a coastal town and it doesn't snow here, so I probably just have to move south ><
Anyway, I like the second and third pictures, they are awesome. The first is pretty. The last one is a bit meh.
I reckon the second one would make a cool design for wrapping paper... but whatever ^^
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

86 Reviews

Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:34 am
Tabithalillian says...

Thanks every one! Yes the first picture is ice and I dont know about a great camera, just a million pictures and millions of diffrent angles. And this would make the most awesome wrapping paper ever! Here is another picture I thought was cool. Image
Living in a tower

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:15 pm
Behind Scene Walls says...

I really like those! There are some flaws though

First photo:On this one I see no flaw! I like how it is focused on just the one in the front and there is on in the back! Imlove that one.

Second photo: This one is to big it should have a background.

Third photo: This one is the same as the second photo a little to big it should have a background.

Fourth photo: This is a good one I like how it has a background.
Regret is the main thing you hate in a society
because you are always regretting the thing that was regretful.

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:43 pm
Squall says...

Hello there.

I quite like these photos. Here in Auckland, it doesn't snow at all so it's quite nice to see these pictures. I have a problem with the 2nd and 3rd pictures though. I think you zoomed on the branches way too close. It's like you are showing them into the eyes of the audience. I think you should zoom it out more and to show the background more.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

“I'd much rather be someone's shot of whiskey than everyone's cup of tea.”
— Carrie Bradshaw