z

Young Writers Society

Emma's Posted More Art!! W00t!!!

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:18 pm
Emma says...

Okay, so here is two more pictures that I done. I would say they're my best work but the fact it there are like thousands of errors and crapness... So please don't be overly harsh. I will tell you my mistakes, if you notice them too please tell me HOW I might fix it not tear it apart like people seem to say that I do xD

Okay this is my first one, called 'Cry'.. It was meant to be a happy picture but I couldn't get those freakin' eyes right so I grew her frindge, then the picture looked sad so I made her cry! xP

Errors:

· The shading is total crap, and I need to practice a lot on that, it needs to be smooth and I need to take my time on it.
· The Jacket is also crap, the jacket looks old and makes everything look stupid. Also the shading could look better.
· The sun looks like a freakin’ squashed orange, and I could (again shaded it better to give off an affect that it IS a sun..)
· The trousers also bug me. They were ment to be jeans but I can’t draw them at all so they look like rubbish.

There’s more but I don’t want to start thinking that it is completely crap. But I'm being HONEST!!! xD

Here is my second picture, this one is called Bawah because I have no idea. I couldn't find any paper and I found this old one with one of my crap cartoons on it so I used that and I drew a pretty ribbon girl xD I had went really hard on the pencil with my cartoon so I couldn't rub it out, so I compromised .. Clever eh?

Errors:

· The hands annoy me as I can’t draw hands to save my self, argh. DIE HANDS!
· The feet also bug me, I don’t know how I could change them, but I know I can.
· The breasts bug me, maybe they’re too big or something.
· I can’t draw ribbons that’s why they look like string xD
· The hair could have been drawn better, but of course, I rushed.

There are lots more but I don’t want you to think that is also crap…

And that is it so far... I'll add some more when I feel like it. Please comment thank you!

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:12 pm
Elizabeth says...

They are pretty... Yeah, the first one looks like me although Id ont' wear ridiculous pony tails*remembers the 6th grade* ew...
The second one is pretty, and you TRIED to draw feet, i never do that. they either wear my crudely drawn shoes or get cut off at the knees :P
I'm jealous. *Jealous*

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:42 pm
Lollipop says...

Yeah! Go Emma! The first one was the one that you showed me on webcam and it looks awesome! The second ones funny but pretty at the same time. Post more!
Way hay!!!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 109
Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:27 pm
Teeeeo. says...

Hmm... EXCELLENT! But I see a few errors...

First Pic: I think her lips look a little... odd... It may just be me... And also, the person in the cloak in the background looks too short... The feet look too big for the body, and the cloakish thing looks too short... Meh... I'm too much of a critic...

683 Reviews

Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:30 pm
Emma says...

I cant draw lips... xD

Thankies.. Ahem... Come on people.. I NEED FEEDBACK!!! O.o

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:42 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

That's some pretty awesome stuff!

cheers CL
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

683 Reviews

Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:49 pm
Emma says...

Thanks.

-is happy-

lollipop, I'm catching up on you!! (very slowly, infact I'm not catching up with you at all) xD

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:54 pm
Midnight says...

I really like the way the jumper (top) goes around her neck in the first pic it makes it all seem soft and comfortable. The second picture is pretty too although making the feet shorter and more slender could help.
available

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:22 pm
Bobo says...

Haha. Hands and feet suck. You are really doing great with these, Emma! I'd just find a book with pictures you like and use those as references for your own drawings. That's what I did. I'd love to see these colored!

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:29 pm
Sponson Light says...

Anatomy!

Eyh En Eyh Tee Oh Em Why

Anatomy!

www.saveloomis.org

First picture, arms too short! the finger tips end halfway between the knees and the thigh.
Instead of random lines for the hair *as it shows no dimension nor depth*, draw the hair in a giant amporhous shape, then add the lines.

The Jacket could go around her breasts like that, but not likely, unless they were really really large.

The ribbon girl is really skinny, and her left (our right) arm needs to define the shoulder more. Nice pose though.
But her right knee should be lower than it is now.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

683 Reviews

Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:59 pm
Emma says...

Sponson Light wrote:Anatomy!

Eyh En Eyh Tee Oh Em Why

Anatomy!

www.saveloomis.org

First picture, arms too short! the finger tips end halfway between the knees and the thigh.
Instead of random lines for the hair *as it shows no dimension nor depth*, draw the hair in a giant amporhous shape, then add the lines.

The Jacket could go around her breasts like that, but not likely, unless they were really really large.

The ribbon girl is really skinny, and her left (our right) arm needs to define the shoulder more. Nice pose though.
But her right knee should be lower than it is now.

Lol! I know. The first picture I think is alright, but the second, yeah I'm having even more second thoughts about it. The ribbon girl needs to put on weight :P

I'm quite proud of my cartoons though!! :D And the first pic... :P

Thank you soooo much for the help, I do use skeletons and that, its just pratice I need, I haven't drawn like this in a while because I felt I couldn't draw. :P

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:13 pm
Bobo says...

You most certainly can draw!

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:41 am
zelithon says...

W00t!!!!!!!!!! :P !!!!!!!!!!
:shock:
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:27 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

this is also some very good artwork, and also another place for me to say i cant draw girls, i draw guys, lots of girls cant draw guys they draw girls (random thing somtiemes true cept in some cases, that i know of) this is cool work, i like it :D zel stop playing with the dead , .... thats my job...
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:21 am
Ego says...

I'm very impressed with the first picture, Emma darling.

The face is very nice; the whole "I have no eyes" thing really works for the pic. The clothes look nice, and everything is nicely proportioned. No errors here. Only thing is you need to give the back ground some character...right now it looks very much like an afterthought...

--Dono
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

"People should not be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
— V for Vendetta