z

Young Writers Society

Just thought that I'd post some neat photography I took.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:50 am
Monki says...

That's one of my 'best friends', Milynette, acting like she's poking my other 'best friend', Sarah's head. (These pics were a while ago. We're sort of having friend issues now...)

Sarah has this thing about blondes. She doesn't like many of them. So, she said she was trying to act like a blonde here. XD

That's my eye. I just thought this was cool, so I took it real quick. I wish I had a lot more eyeliner on because it would look cooler, but I'll re-try it once I see your reactions to these pics.

Okay, I know I'm not good at photography at all. I should probably stick to writing, but what do you think for a 'first-timer'?
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:39 am
Maybe says...

Not bad, especially for a beginner. They are a bit pixely, but that's probably just the image quality for the internet.

#1- The pose is good, but the background is a bit busy. If you could get that same pose against, say, a black wall, it would look really cool.

#2- Again, the pose for the girl is good, and i love how she's holding the book upside down, but the background is a too busy.

#3- My favorite. I don't really have anything to say about this one. ^^ good job!

-Mays
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

99 Reviews

Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:53 am
Monki says...

Thank you! I think my favourite is #2. I don't know why. I just like it. It's pretty cool because it looks like the light is shining down on the book. But I do agree, the background is too busy. I wish it were against a bare wall. :( It's Photoshop time.
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:09 am
Via says...

I like the idea of the first one, but I think it may be better if the colors were more vibrant and the photograph were less fuzzy. And possibly having the pointed finger come from the side of the photo so she really isn't in it, just her arm/hand/finger.

The second is okay, but I would suggest if you want to take a picture like this on purpose and do it black and white then use more contrasting colors in the area and on the subject. Otherwise it's all just grey and kind of boring.

The third one is my favorite. I think you are right about the eyeliner, but because you have a lot of freakles it really works out either way because freakles, blue eyes, and light colors really work well together. Sometimes the eyeliner can really out do it to the point where it ruins the photo.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

99 Reviews

Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:12 am
Monki says...

Thanks Via! -sighs- I'm trying to make my own avatar right now with my own picture, but it's so darn hard! I think I'll just try tomorrow when I'm awake...

99 Reviews

Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:33 am
Monki says...

My best friends, Milynette and Sarah, trying to act girly, when they're really not. (Sarah's on the left, Milynette's on the right.)

Milynette, Sarah, and me. But, I want you to look at Milynette closely (she's the hispanic one). Now, doesn't she look like the Grudge there? I showed her this picture and now she's seriously scared of getting her picture taken for fear that she'll look like that. (Milynette=back-left, Sarah=back-right, ME=front and center.)

Sarah and me! She almost busted out laughing before I snapped the picture with my laptop. (Sarah=left. Me=right.)

Sarah and my eyes. (My eyes are the blue ones in the center. Her eye is the green one to the right.)

My babies! Lol. Okay, so the three boys are brothers and the little girl is my younger sister. Here are the list of them from top to bottom : Jessica (9 years old, back-left), then in the front, starting at the left is Josh (6 years old), Melvin (9 years old), me (14 years old), and in my lap is Shawney (his real name is Shawn and he's 2 years old). The boys are my Godmother, Jackie's, children. They are so sweet! (For my birthday, they all signed my card, but Shawney drew an upside-down heart since he can't write his name. It was so cute!)

Distorted, little Shawney!

My annoying, weird, unique, and fruitful friends. From the back-left it's : Gloria, Milynette, ME, then Gloria is holding/choking Breana, then there's Sarah and Chelsey in the front. We gave eachother skrewed up make-overs (with my make-up!).

My little sister and me. Awesome, right? I know. I absolutely *LOVE* my eyes!

My doggy, Christmas! Her birthday's coming up on December 23rd! Wish her a happy birthday (Of course, you'd have to tell me to tell her-Lol. Yes, I talk to my dog all the time. She's literally one of my best friends.)

389 Reviews

Reviews: 389
Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:22 pm
SeraphTree says...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You look like someone I know up here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kind of odd...
You have very pretty eyes :D

Christmas is so adorable!!!!!!!!!!! She looks like a very slender version of my dog :D:D:D:D:D:D

Redhead, eh? One of my friends up here is a redhead. :D:D In fact, the people you look like are redhead too.... *shifty eyes, shifty eyes* Unless you have relatives in Canada....

I agree with the previous statements too. More contrast would be nice. :D:D:D:D
"How grateful we are that the heavens are indeed open, that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored, and that the Church is founded on the rock of revelation. We are a blessed people, with apostles and prophets upon the earth today."~ Thomas S. Monson

99 Reviews

Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:17 am
Monki says...

Hmm... never considered myself a redhead before, but it does look like I have red hair in the pictures. It's actually a dirty blonde color. :) But, red's cool! I think that it shows up more reddish because I have a red tint, and everytime someone takes a picture of me, my hair ends up looking red. ^^

Lol. I wanna see pictures of your doggies!!! If they look anything like Christmas, they must be adorable too! Lol. (Chubby dogs are cute! I think Christmas looks a bit thin...)

Well, you know, my mom says that everyone has a twin in this world (whether blood related or not). I may have relatives in Canada. Good question to ask my Mom. I do think I'm part Canadian. That would be cool!

(Oh, and thank you for the compliment on my eyes-I hope to see yours soon!!!!!!)

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:19 am
Wolf says...

*gaspness*
Monki, you're very pretty! And lol, my friends are crazy too. :P
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

99 Reviews

Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:18 pm
Monki says...

Thank you. ^^ *blushes* I've never really thought of myself as being very pretty (or even pretty). :oops: And I don't take compliments well, but, I guess over the computer it's easier because we're not talking face-to-face, which sort of intimidates me sometimes... :roll: So... any new pictures I can look at, Ayra?

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:59 am
bubblewrapped says...

I loved the poking one in the beginnning, and that last one where your heads were all squishy XD

The rest are kind of average and a bit pixelly, but don't listen to me - I'm not really an art critic, I just like pictures ;) Good luck with your photography!

Cheers,
~bubbles
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:39 am
cynicalgurl says...

Haha -- I really liked the warped one! It's so silly! The person on the right reminds me of an Anime cartoon. I started laughing when I saw it.

Favorites --

the one with with your friend poking your other friend's head

Sarah reading the upside down book

the close up of Shawney (he's so cute!)

:D

99 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:54 pm
Monki says...

Thanks! Lol. Shawney is SO cute!!! So, do either of you guys take pics or anything? I'd love to see them. I'm not so good at photography, but I love looking at them. And I love taking them if I think they'd make a really good picture. :)

~Monki

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:47 pm
Myth says...

I love the distorted one, the group picture and Shawney! The only photographs I take are of other peoples houses =]
.: ₪ :.

'...'

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:35 pm
Yagaron says...

These are great photos. You're no ameture. You have natural talent. The distored pictur of you and your frein... was that on of those weird mirrors?
Fear the monkey! love the monkey! Monkey!
-------m--------m-----------
[ ] [ ]
[ ] (o o) [ ]
O

I think I have thankfully avoided being quoted.
— Lavvie