z

Young Writers Society

Bobo's Stuff (Updated 9/17! Input greatly appreciated!)

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:14 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

Bobo, do you just use gradients? I use photoshop, and I would love to learn how to color my pictures..
Love and Light

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:29 pm
View Likes
Bobo says...

I use the paintbrush tool. Okay, I'll tell you my secret technique. What you do is use the magic wand to select the area that you want to shade, then go to a new layer, pick a dark color (eyedropper the color you're doing to darken, and then drag the color down to a darker shade), then set the opacity of your paintbrush down to like 50% or something, then just paint in the areas you want to shade. That's what I did with my avatar. This only works if you have inked in drawings, though. If you want to color in a pencil drawing, I don't know how to do it really, but I would suggest maybe setting the paintbrush to darken, or something. So basically the tools I use are paint bucket, magic wand, paintbrush, and sometimes the smudge tool (for the hair, etc.). I have more pics for all y'alls, so I'll be sure to upload 'em when I get home.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:06 pm
View Likes
Emma says...

Its very good bobo! I need that photoshop thing! BADLY! :D

Oh yer, I really like your angel! :D

And the others...

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:08 pm
View Likes
Tara says...

The majic want tool is a gift from...somewhere very pleasant!
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:43 am
View Likes
AstrangedbeaR says...

the first one is beautiful. you are very talented and creative
*AstrangedbeaR*

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:05 am
View Likes
Ego says...

Bobo wrote:I use the paintbrush tool. Okay, I'll tell you my secret technique. What you do is use the magic wand to select the area that you want to shade, then go to a new layer, pick a dark color (eyedropper the color you're doing to darken, and then drag the color down to a darker shade), then set the opacity of your paintbrush down to like 50% or something, then just paint in the areas you want to shade. That's what I did with my avatar. This only works if you have inked in drawings, though. If you want to color in a pencil drawing, I don't know how to do it really, but I would suggest maybe setting the paintbrush to darken, or something. So basically the tools I use are paint bucket, magic wand, paintbrush, and sometimes the smudge tool (for the hair, etc.). I have more pics for all y'alls, so I'll be sure to upload 'em when I get home.

That's a secret!? I thought that was LAW!

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:48 pm
View Likes
Harley says...

Bobo? Did you DRAW your avatar???????? :shock:

576 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:18 pm
View Likes
Ego says...

*Since he's not around, I'll answer for him*

Yeah, he did, it's a portion of a drawing of our three characters Robert, Michael, and *ahem* Hunter, who star in both The Chronicles of the Dhampir (mine) and Bobo's book Boundless. Boundless can be found in the "Fantasy" Forum and the Chronicles can be found in the "Action/ Adventure" Forum.
Last edited by Ego on Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:54 pm
View Likes
electricbluemonkey says...

Ahh, I was wondering that too. Very cool, Bobo.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:28 am
View Likes
Ego says...

Maybe when he comes back you'll get to see the whole pic, cuz I'm sure it's awesome.
Got YWS? I do.

481 Reviews

Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:42 pm
View Likes
Bobo says...

I have some more pics at home, so if I ever get online (or bring them to school) I'll show you. I'll try to get that Boundless one shaded, but you won't see it until it is. I'll show you my other ones that are colored but not shaded as soon as I can, though. And I have a new one that is actually a full picture and not just the person against a blank backrground, so yeah.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:56 pm
Tara says...

So, wait, you drew Bob? That's awesome! :lol: :thumb:
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

481 Reviews

Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:36 am
View Likes
Bobo says...

Well, here's those coloredbutnotshaded pics I promised ya!

These are all fairly new...I'll just put 'em in chronological order...

In case anyone is wondering, the second and fourth pictures are of the same person at different ages. Her name is Fae, and she's one of the main characters in Boundless (head over to the Fantasy section- but she's not in the story quite yet, unfortunately). The other two are just random drawings. The third one was one I drew when I was experimenting with a new style of eyes. It's the only one I drew that way.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:45 am
View Likes
Ego says...

nice...

a few little thingies;

--the mage's deltoids are a tad too large--the curve leading from the shoulder to the tricep should be smooth, not hard at all.

--get away from those thrice be-d*mned dresses that bunch around the knees!

--I love the hair on all of them--if you've imporved at all, that's where it is.
Got YWS? I do.

481 Reviews

Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:44 am
View Likes
Bobo says...

Meh, I never was one to vary my clothing styles. But oh well. I'll be attempting to finish my Boundless pic, and now I'm working on the older version. Maybe I can take it to school to finish shading...

Okay I’m supposed to be asleep what am I doing measuring sinks
— EllieMae