z

Young Writers Society

Pictures 2

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:29 pm
Rosendorn says...

Kitties! Calm down Rosey, look at the pictures. Don't just look at the cats.

1- Amazed you managed to take a picture of a cat swatting.
2- Fuzzy looks sad in here. I don't really mind the off-centeredness. (Btw- I actually called that cat fuzzy when I first saw it)
3- Hmm, this picture has either too much foreground or too much sky. The focus is split because of the darkness of the trees.
4- Not much going for it. It's like you're trying to capture everything and nothing, which never really works.
5- Whoa. Quick shutter finger. Nice work!
6- She looks just thrilled to get her picture taken. [/end sarcasum] Other then that, I think you could stand to have her a little more centered.
7- An inch or two higher with your camera would have been better.
8- It looks like you simply put the needles there for the picture. Not good.
9- I like this ground shot. Good detail on the pinecones!

A very nice set of pictures.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:26 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

I love these pictures. xD
Spring, you rock at photography ;)
I love the cat ones and I'm not even that much of a cat fan. The one with Masha (is that how you spell it?) is adorable! And the ones on the ground are beautiful ;) I love them all. xD
[/crapcritique]
x
~Kirsten
xoxo
for what are we without words and stories?

Reviews: 2
Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:45 pm
View Likes
~apocalypse~ says...

Wow, you have a lot of cats! My parents jokingly call me the Crazy Cat Lady, but we can't have cats because my mom's allergic. She pretends I'm a cat sometimes... it's a bit weird and I don't fully understand it.

Very nice pictures. It's amazing that you were able to take the first one with a cat trying to kill the camera!

My favorite is the ground shot of the leaves. I love how the sun shines through the trees. Unfortunately, I failed at trying to find the snake, but it'll have to show itself sometime!

The hissing cat picture was... interesting, to say the least. Or should I say, the story behind it was interesting. Might I ask why you are so obsessed with this picture? Either way, the shot was very good. I've never seen a hissing cat.
"Life is too important to be taken seriously!"
- Oscar Wilde

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:35 am
Antigone Cadmus says...

You have so many cats! My parents say two are already too many. :D

1.) Very nice. The cat is so cute.

2.) I like the cat, but yeah, the rope is distractiing.

3.) I don't know why, but I really love this one. I like how everything is dark and there is one patch of light.

4.) Eh. You were just playing around here anyway. There isn't really a subject or anything.

5.) Angry kitty!

6.) Another kitty!

All the nature shots are a bit boring, but I guess it's just me.

I like these. :)
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:59 pm
Tabithalillian says...

I loved the one of the kitty hissing. I think you said her name was masha. It was really sharp and I loved her expression. Kinda reminds me of my grumpy meany cat. I also liked the pine cone and the leaves. Those were really artsy and pretty. Just the kind of pictures I like taking but never manage to get the same nice quality. The other pictures are just no my thing but they are nice. Good job!
Living in a tower

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:02 am
MidnightVampire says...

I love them!!
1). I've taken a picture like this before, I liked it, and I love this one. I like the angle but it seems a little off and I don't think it wouldn't have looked right if it was straight on. I'm not sure what to suggest...
2) I don't get how you got your cat to sit so still!! I agree with you, the rope and the car (along with the rock) are distracting, but I think it balances out the picture. So yeah,....I like it.
3). I've tried taking these types of pictures before, but I never seem to get them right like you do. Kudos for that. Its a good mixture of shadows and light.
4). I have to admit, this one isn't my favorite. The guy in the back round is distracting (but I understand, its not nice to yell at someone to pedal faster so you can take a picture...). I think it would have looked really cool if you angled it a little bit different (yes, I know I'm really obsessed about that).
5). I like this one. Especially the shadows in the back round (and I like your cat too)
8). One thing I like about the picture is the cat has one of those sly looks on their face (as they always do), but it makes it look cool.
7). This is my favorite of all of them. The sunlight looks like a window, and it makes the leaves seem even more pretty than normal. Not a particular fan of the chair (if it were anything else, like a table, I know I wouldn't be as annoyed with it..sorry). It really sparks the imagination. Makes me think if what the window leads to (I know, its not a window, but that's what i think of). Love it!
8). Good angle, but there's nothing that makes it really draw attention. Doesn't make you be WoWed
9). The building in the back round can't be helped, but it doesn't exactly help the picture. The picture isn't the most interesting, but the lighting is wonderful.
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:47 pm
Lava says...

I have never really liked cats but I mus say I'm impressed!

1. It's really nice. I like the eyes that have come out well. Rope is kind of distarcting but it's ok.

2It's an ok pic for me. The cat's whiskers look brilliant but the pic is kind of boring.

3.It's nice but I think you could have angled it better(I'm not sure what,but something's amiss with it) Or maybe it's slightly fuzzy.

4.I love it!! Brilliant. Nothing else.

5. The shadows disturb. It's just another cat picture. Also, the background doesn't work.

6.I love this too! Great work. The only disturbing this is the pink spot at the bottom.

7.It's nice... as a landscape pic but doesn't really put forward pine needles.

8.Another "I love it!!"
It's really nice, but you could have changed the direction of taking the picture so that the building isn't seen.

Looks like you did a lot of groundwork ;)

Nice Work.
~Lava
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:48 am
psouth says...

Girl I love your cats!!! Some of the pictures of your cats would make good LOLcat pics :p

I cannot separate the aesthetic pleasure of seeing a butterfly and the scientific pleasure of knowing what it is.
— Vladmir Nabokov