z

Young Writers Society

Cosmica chapter 1 page 1

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:19 am
Maki-Chan says...

ok, I need some constructive suggestions on this page!
Attachments
Page_1.jpg
Page_1.jpg (83.68 KiB) Viewed 166 times
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:29 am
Lava says...

HI!

It's nice and here are a few suggestions.
The top panels: their bottom line should all lie in the same level. It looks like you've tried to and it didn't work.

Outline of the mob is nice but the black extends way too much to the bottom, makes them seen like extra tall people. try adding few more heads in the front to make it look better and sort of blend it/ fade it into the shadows. Like it should look like more than one row of heads.

The background reminds me of powerpoint gradients. Try not to use something that identifies itself with some specific product.

Love the flame. Very nice.

Love the fonts used, very comic-booki-ish!

Nice pole. I love that too!

Good work on the whole.
Hope this crtique helps!
~Lava
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

287 Reviews

Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:03 pm
Maki-Chan says...

thanks! I am glad cause I didn't really like what I did with the crowd so thanks for the helpful suggestion ^_^

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:43 am
tinny says...

Can I hazard a guess that this is night crawler?

Okay, first off I wouldn't recommend saving your pictures in .jpg format as this compresses file and lowers the quality of the image, you can see it quite clearly at the outline of his hair in the last panel. The more you save a .jpg file the more the compression sorta builds up, if you want to preserve quality try saving images as .png :D

The background behind the mob it a bit odd; it doesn't really lend anything to the setting or place, it's like it's just there to fill up some blank space. What time of day is it, what place or time in history are we in? They're probably things that are answered in later pages, but you could make a start explaining them, visually at least, from the off.

The outline mob itself is quite well drawn, you've got the fist shapes there pretty well ^^ my only niggle is with the one on the right. With the elbow and upper arm showing you'd expect to be able to see a head (if I hold my arm up, my elbow is pretty level with the top of mine) so it sorta looks like it's coming out of no-where XD

In the final panel too you have an awful lot of plain blank space that's not really doing anything. You could put a few closer figures from the crowd there, or either another frame entirely. Try to make the most of the space you have on the page :D

Hope I was of some help! Just drop me a PM if you have any questions or whatnot XD
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

287 Reviews

Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:16 am
Maki-Chan says...

thanks! I had trouble with gimp v_V I was trying to make the sky look dark but fiery, but I failed. I will work hard and use your suggestions to make this better! Oh and yes that is Kurt.

What orators lack in depth they make up for in length.
— Charles de Secondat, Baron de Montesquieu