Young Writers Society

Graphic Pencil--Fantasy art

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:30 pm
Maki-Chan says...

Nice shading and detail. You are really good showing the right amount of folds in his clohtes. I really like the exspression on his face. To me its like an angry old person ^_^ I also like the way you drew his sword. Nicely done. ^_^
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:01 am
Searria H. says...

Poor guy. He doesn't look like he's eaten in awhile. :D

The shading was very good, and his facial features were very intriguing.

The only suggestion I can make is about his right hand. The rest of the picture has wrinkles and creases, so his hand just looks sort of blank. Because he looks like an older man, I would add a few wrinkles to his right hand. This will also add dimension to his hand.

Other than that, It was really, really good.

I hope to see more of your drawings!

-Sea-
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:42 am
xGraceex says...

wow!!! that was amazing! it must have took forever :D
you must have been really patient drawing it.
I love the expression in the eyes and his high cheekbones, he looks kinda like the spooks apprentice book cover, look it up on the internet and you will see, unless you have already! nice work
:D
SOME WISE WORDS xxx
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder
All true wisdom is found on T-shirts

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:52 pm
Kaylyn says...

I love the drawing. I am partial to black and white pencil and charcoal drawings. I can not draw people very well. You did the right amont of shading in my opinion. Nothing looked to flat either. I liked the sword and the cloak. It made my eyes follow after it. Great job and I hope to see more.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Livinginfantasy says...

Wow.

That's really good! The expression is the icing on the cake.

I do have to agree with Sea on the his right hand though... add some wrinkles. It looks out of place compared to the detail of the rest of the drawing.

It's so alive. Could've sworn he was about to pop out of my computer and fight me... :)

*star*

Random avatar

Reviews: 254
Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:56 am
mikedb1492 says...

That's one great drawing. It's full of mysticism and such. Really professional. I could see it actually being used. The folds in the clothing and his expression are great as well. You know what would be cool? If you drew stuff like this for chapters in your stories.
Trying to get to heaven without Jesus is like climbing to the summit of Mount Everest naked. You die before it happens.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:23 am
mtempleton says...

Very cool wizard. Has great intensity in his face and in the shading. For once, I don't need to say "add more tone!" Thank You! I like the folds in his cloak and the lines on his face and the very imposing hilt of his sword. Excellent work. Now go and draw him a background.
"I want my journey to be full of laughter"

Final Fantasy X

9 Reviews

Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:48 pm
Cobweb says...

mikedb1492 wrote: You know what would be cool? If you drew stuff like this for chapters in your stories.

I know, but I get hung up after the second or third picture. In the eventual future, I plan to learn to paint and then I will have more to work with. I did draw up a character for another piece of work, but he lacks the same ‘feel’ of my unattached drawings. If I ever got anywhere with it, I’ll let you know. I think I feel a Gryphon stirring in my fingertips. :)

Thanks to everyone for the reviews and comments. It’s what keeps the artist going.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:02 pm
janey says...

Oh wow, it's really, really good. I love the shading that you've done... it's so subtle but it definitely brings the picture to life and makes it 3-dimensional.

9 Reviews

Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:45 am
Cobweb says...

I love shading; but it takes so long!

Thanks for the comments everyone:)

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:39 pm
Phantomofthebasket says...

Oh, wow.
AMAZINg drawing.

The shading is BRILLIANT.
I think the only problem with it is maybe the face and right hand. With all of the brilliant shading and creases in the clothes, the face and right hand seem a bit bare. A touch more wrinkles on the face and SOMETHING on the hand would make the drawing be about perfect.

My favorite is the cloak.
Even though its, like, the only thing you can see...
I'm jealous. I'm working really hard on my drawings and they're not nearly as good as these.

Kudos to you.
Phantom's Contest Basket <--Make me happy and join my contest! Due date: August 15th!
Phantom's Reviewing Basket <--Need a review? Go here and ask!

Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus