z

Young Writers Society

Voice

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:09 am
taliarose says...

It's funny how some can be loud and some soft. Some are even prettier than others. Deep voices don't have to belong to men. High voices don't have to belong to girls. Voices seem to define so much in a person. Are you listening to them, or their voice? When a girl's voice cracks, she must not be cool, right? A guy is only hot if his voice isn't high and squeaky. Those who are cursed with unpleasent voices, might as well just not talk. Who would hear them?

You?
"Of course it is in your head, why should that mean it isn't real?" -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:55 am
RealWriter99 says...

I think this was very good. Though your describing words could have been better. Example- prettier. You may want to fing some more unique describing words. My advice is either using a Thesaurus or go to word type prettier in then right click on it and it will give you some more interesting words! BUT over all I thought this was good.
RealWriter99

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:42 pm
EvensLily says...

I thought this was actually very meaningful , I had never thought about how a voice, could make a difference. For such a nice piece, i think you might have been able to make it longer by elaborating.
Just some Nitpicks!
It's funny how some can be loud and some soft. Some are even prettier than others. - I think you should wright: It's funny how some voices can be loud and some soft, other voices can also be defined as prettier than others.. I personally think this flows better.
High voices don't have to belong to girls. - I think you should change girls to women because before you had men, not boys.
Other than that, it was very good. It got me thinking about my voice, where would I be classified? I also think, to make the piece longer you add a paragraph about accents? I don't know, but in England, if you are from the North your accent compared to the south is chavy (the right word??) where as if you come from the south, you are more likely to be classified as Posh by the way you speak, even if you are anything but posh - if that makes sense!
Anyway, good piece, I really enjoyed it.
Keep writing,
Evenslily
Write and Smile people! X

It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them.
— Mark Twain