z

Young Writers Society

Milk and Honey

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:24 pm
Rob says...

Two pairs of feet, walking on the cold tiles. They turn to the window. The kitchen gets a slight breeze of fresh air. A sunshine caress a cheek and on the other two lips are placed ...
Two legs and two hands go to the refrigerator to get a box of milk. Then they turn to the top cabinet and rise to the tip of their toes. Nothing..
Two hands grab a thin waist and two take the jar of honey.
On two slices of soft bread the honey spreads, and in two cups the milk flows.
Two mouths bite out of the bread, drink milk and kiss.
A pair of feet, walking on cold tiles. They turn to the window. There is a draft in the kitchen. Outside,it is raining and a drop falls on a pale cheek and on the other drop another appears. It’s raining inside ...
Two legs and two hands go to the refrigerator to get a box milk. Then they turn to cabinet and rise to the tip of their toes. Nothing ...
A dry slice of bread remains abandoned on a plate and in a glass the milk flows.
A mouth takes a sip of milk, but it has no taste and the candied honey jar lies alone in the cabinet.
"The day we lose our need for dreams is the day the human race forfeits its soul." -John Chiam
"Morpheus: Do you believe in fate, Neo?
Neo: No.
Morpheus: Why not?
Neo: Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life." -Matrix

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:01 pm
SlyNightOwl says...

I really like how you don't give specific names. By doing that, it adds to the imagery. I pictured two boys waking up in the morning, finding out their parents went to church that Sunday and had let them sleep in, but there was no breakfast on the table. So what did they have? Milk and honey(:
Rah, rah, ree, kick em' in the knee. Rah, rah, rass, em' in the... OTHER KNEE!

770 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 770
Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:21 pm
borntobeawriter says...

Hey there Rob, long time no see!

First off, your signature is amazing: just saying :D

Second of all, this piece is simply...beautiful. It amuses me that Owl, who commented above me, pictured this piece with two little boys.

I pictured lovers, together, intimate in the kitchen as they prepared breakfast, then suddenly, one of them is gone, and there are only two feet left.

It was a beautiful, sweet, haunting piece and I find nothing negative to say about it. Let me know if you post more, ok?

Tanya

Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind