z

Young Writers Society

Done With Caring

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:50 am
UCntCMee says...

We used to be friends- best friends, you might even say. So, what happened? What happened to sitting in the creek and talking about useless things? What happened?

So you've come to tell me that I'm not worth it. Not worth anything. You tell me that I'm stupid- that I'll never make it. You've made it clear what you think of me- so why can't I tell you what I think of you? Why can't I tell you that no matter what you say, I'll never be completely sick of you? Why can't I tell you that I forgive you, even though I still don't trust you?

You say that I'm dumb- that I have no common sense. Yeah, you're smart, I'll admit that. But who said you have all the answers? You don't. I know you don't. You know you don't. So why do you insist that I've got it all wrong?

I've tried living up to your standards, and you know what? It didn't work. I tried squeeze myself into the mold that you created and I suffocated. I couldn't even talk. I cried to you for help- you laughed. I tried to show you that you were wrong; that I'm worth something, not matter what you insist. I fell flat on my face.

I'm through with you. Do you know why? Do you? It's because I know that I'm created to do something bigger than you. Something bigger than me. There's a plan for me, and I'm bound to follow it, no matter what you say.

I'm telling you this so hopefully you'll see that I'm not the only one you've hurt. That I'm not the only one who cares enough to tell you. I know that when I'm older, I'll look back at this and laugh- laugh at why I even cared. Who knows? I may even think that writing this was a waste of time. But until then, I hope you can see that I'm done with you. I'm done with caring about what you think of me.

(P.S. I didn't do much grammar checking, so I'm sorry if there are some mistakes in there.)
It was your world, Baby, and I just slipped in it.

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:33 pm
Lsmatthews says...

Other people may not like this piece, but i can tell you that its almost like a manuscript of something that happened to me not too long ago. It really took me back there, thanks, even though it wasnt a fun thing it was really nice to read this piece. Very well done.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:01 pm
hayley10019 says...

Some people might not like it.. but it's probably because they can't realate at all... but I can and I like it.! It's well written.. I like the format.. and the way you wrote it is not all about whining.! Very good.!
You seemed to connect to at least 1 person in each line.. Wether it not be their best friend, or a friend.. family member.. somehow a lot of people can connect to this. And that is what you want to do as a writter.. connect to as many people as you can... and indeed you did.!
Ps reply- I didn't catch any grammical errors.
Writing is where I can get away...

Time is money, money is power, power is pizza, and pizza is knowledge!
— April, Parks & Rec