z

Young Writers Society

Window

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:20 am
Idraax says...

They meet in a small, sunny café above the metro station. The city moving about them. They stare at each other before the one on the left, the one wearing a baby, blue, hand-knitted scarf, gestured to a pair of chairs near the edge of the balcony and suggested that they should sit down. As soon as they did, the one , not wearing a scarf, grabbed the other's hands.

"How are you here?" she hissed. "This shouldn't be possible!" The scarf-wearing woman laughed. She knew the other one would have known; they couldn't hide anything from each other.

"If it helps, I think we're dreaming. Mutually, I mean."

"This is crazy." The other one fingered her pendant, a gift from their cousin. The scarf woman leaned over and took her hand.

"Relax, it's just a dream." The pendant-wearing woman opened her mouth and said something, but it was cut off by the argument in the entrance. They both turned to look.

"I'm telling you, if you hate apples you certainly won't like them in a tart." A red-haired woman was yelling at her companion, a tall, lanky fellow with funny hair and a bow-tie.

"But Amy-"

Amy glared at him. "No, buts. We are not getting apple tart. We are getting tea and then going to that giant obelisk, that you wanted to see. "

"It's the Washington Monument! Built with different kinds of stone from-" The two women at the table moved back to studying each other. The scarf one leaned back.

"Told you, you're dreaming."

The other one nodded. "Alright, so when are you from."

The scarf one grinned. "Monday," she said.

The pendant-wearing one facepalmed. "Monday," she repeated. "I'm dreaming about sitting down in a café, in L'Enfant, with myself from the future three days from now?!"

"Yes," the other one said simply. A few beats of silence passed. "If it helps, I'm dreaming about meeting myself from three days in the past." She offered.

The pendant-wearing one cracked a smile and leaned forward. "So, what are you doing here?"

A grin. "Enjoying the view?"

A laugh. "We've been reading too much fanfiction."

"I try." The scarf one leaned forward and grabbed her hands and tangled their fingers together. "I need to tell you something important." They are close now, they always were. Briefly, the other one revels in the feeling of contact, of warmth where it was usually absent. Their hands were always cool.

"We're not beautiful," the scarf one said. The fingers tensed and tried to pull away. "I'm not done," the scarf one reprimanded gently.

"No need to say what we already know." The pendant one snapped, a current of hurt hidden beneath. The fingers shifted and a hand was over the pendant one's mouth.

"Listen to me," the scarf one said, " we are not beautiful. We are much more than that. We are strong, fiery, content, passionate, impossibly stubborn and a hopeless bundle of contradictions." The last bit got a watery, smile. "We are something that cannot be put into words. Remember that." Both of them blinked and the pendant one laughed.

"What's gotten you into this kind of mood?"

The scarf one shrugged and perked right up again. "Hey! Do you remember what we always wanted to do?"

"We wanted to do many things," the pendant one said, dryly.

The scarf one grinned and got up. "Let's do them all!"

"We don't have that much time!" The scarf one tugged her out of the chair and grabbed her hand again.

"We have all the time in the universe! It's a dream!" Laughing, they went down the stairs, swiped their farecards over the senor, stared at the map and debated on where to go.

Later, the pendant wearing one would wake up in her dorm room clutching a farecard in her hand.

Spoiler! :
This came about from one of my odd moods again and from watching too much Dr. Who. I put this in here because it's a made up scenario, has a brief bit of fanfic in it and has a third element, which I'll let you guess. (Although, none of you will probably get it. XD)
Check these out please! :)
Alezrani
Will review for food thread

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun May 01, 2011 1:02 am
Peach says...

They meet in a small, sunny café above the metro station. The city moving about them.
it should be a comma, the second sentence sounds awkward alone.
the one , not wearing a scarf,

take out the first comma

I liked how you said the scarf wearing woman and the pendant wearing woman instead of saying, " Jill walked over to Jane" It made the story more dramatic. I found it very intriguing, and a little confusing at times. I didn't understand the whole thing with the two other people walking in, and sometimes it was hard to figure out which one was which, but overall it was understandable. I would've liked a twist- someone dying in a dream, someone chasing someone, something to make it more interesting. It's interesting I assure you, but I find myself wondering why they would dream about meeting themselves. hope I helped!

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sun May 01, 2011 1:38 am
fireheartedkaratepup says...

Huh? HAHA! That's great. Interesting idea.

Watch out for fragments and too many commas--the person above pointed out the same things I was going too. :p

....I want to say Rose, but I don't watch any Dr. Who. I just know of it because my friend's obsessed.

Overall, I liked it a lot. Thanks for putting this up.
"Ok, Lolpup. You can be a girl worth fighting for."
--Pengu

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun May 01, 2011 2:44 pm
Piper says...

draaxy-pants! Here for a review! I liked this concept, it was funny, but you seem to not have all your puncuation down. Periods where commas should be, or awkward spacing between commas, or commas where you don't need them. For instance; baby, blue, hand knitted scarf should be baby blue hand knitted scarf. Get it? Well, thats it. This was a great read. Fix your puncuation and I think it would be near flawless. Happy writing!
Cats are like characters. You may say they're yours, but in reality, they own you. ~Me

You can take away all the arts you want, but soon, the children won't have anything to read or write about. ~Glen Holland

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:07 am
Justagirl says...

They meet in a small, sunny café above the metro station; the city moving around them.

They stare at each other before the one on the left, the one wearing a baby(deleted the comma here because unless you meant to say the person was wearing a baby it didn't make sense) blue, hand-knitted scarf, gestured to a pair of chairs near the edge of the balcony and suggested that they should sit down.

As soon as they did, the one(deleted another comma and unnecessary space) not wearing a scarf, grabbed the other's hands.

Amy glared at him. "No 'but's. We are not getting apple tart. We are getting tea and then going to that giant obelisk, that you wanted to see. (deleted an unnecessary space) "

So, this was really interesting. I think that other than all the things I pointed out in purple this was pretty good!

It didn't really hold me into the story, but the one thing that did keep me reading (the mystery of it all) was great :)

Good job with this.

Keep writing,
Just
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

Powerful men have a way of avoiding consequences.
— Dr. Harrison Wells, The Flash