z

Young Writers Society

Celebration?

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:40 am
GryphonFledgling says...

We've been writing our tails off for the past thirty days. So, how are you guys going to celebrate when the month is up?

Is there something you gave up that you're going to indulge in? Anything special you're going to do? I'm curious (*cough* which means that if anyone has an idea better than mine, I will totally copy it *cough*).

After NaNo is up, I plan to bake myself a tray of brownies that I will hoard unrelentingly from my family, and then take a break from writing. Probably not a very long one and not a strictly enforced one (writing is my life, after all) but I will not obligate myself to write 2000 stinkin' words before bedtime.

I'm also going to catch up on my reading. You have no idea how much reading I gave up this month and how much that is getting to me. I cannot wait to dig into a good novel come December. I would love to be able to just pull an all-nighter November30/December 1 and read the whole night, but it is a Monday that day and I want to be fresh for school for the first time in a few weeks.

Ooh! And I get to use the internet again! Seriously, I banned myself from the internet apart from quick e-mails, the briefest of YWS visits and the NaNo site, and all of those times I kicked my guilty self off before I was really satisfied. But, come December, I can lounge in YWS for hours, laugh myself into crying on YouTube and catch up on all my neglected webcomic browsing. Yay for the internet!

So what is everyone else doing? We survived NaNoWriMo, people!

~GryphonFledgling
I am reminded of the babe by you.

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:54 pm
Angel of Death says...

I will sleep and do dreadful homework and then write write write because that is what I live for. Oh and did I mention, sleep?

P.S. I might dance because I just one nanowrimo!

Happy December everyone.

~Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:54 pm
Teague says...

Sleep. Candy. Sleep.

xD

Teague
x
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:56 pm
Conrad Rice says...

Sleep, much sleep.

Then, probably jump right back into writing. I consider writing my job, since I hope to get published and make money from it. So, it's back on the job for me.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:07 pm
alwaysawriter says...

Sleep. Even though I gave up two weeks in, I still haven't managed to get into my normal habit of sleeping til noon. Review; I've been using NaNo as an excuse and my list has been long since the end of August. Catch up on school-related things that I did a crappy job on because I just wanted to get home and write.

Yup, that's about it.

-always
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:55 pm
Emerson says...

I will celebrate by not writing for a long time. Or, at least a few weeks. I will also start watching TV again like I regularly do, and I will read, and I will function like a mostly normal human being.

The celebration doesn't really exist for me. It's more of a...Yay, I survived! Kind of party. Which is a celebration. But by Dec 1, I don't have enough life to celebrate.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:41 pm
KailaMarie says...

I told myself if I won, I would get one of those nifty 10th anniversary T-shirts they sell. And since I'm just making it to 50,000 like tomorrow, I'll probably keep writing until I finish the plot line. I'll also let my mom use the computer once in a while.

I'm really excited to start reading again too!! I've felt deprived of actual books for so longg!!
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:28 am
View Likes
JC says...

I just wrote "The End" on my NaNo, and am celebrating by baking a chocolate cake and then eating it all with an entire tin of whipped cream.

Now, what next?
First, I'm not going to drink coffee for another three days, until I can swallow it without gagging again. I'm going to do a few english essays, some Econ. work I need to catch up on, and sleep at least six hours a night for the next week.
Starting December Fifth, I'm making another cake and digging into my Killing Butterflies edit, which will hopefully be completely edited by Christmas.

Then, it's into a world of literary agents, and hopefully publishing so I can afford college.

Yippie.

:/
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:33 pm
andimlovegalore says...

I have loads of work to do that I've neglected for the last month =[ I guess that's not really celebrating. Maybe I'll go out for a meal with someone, that'd be nice, have some wine. Yeah =] relax. I don't want to stop writing though cus now I'm in the habit I wouldn't want to ruin it! Maybe not so much though.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:59 pm
Rydia says...

I will celebrate by writing the last thirty or forty thousand of my novel during December and the first level of editing in Jan and Feb =)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
— Charles Mingus