z

Young Writers Society

Post your first NaNoWriMo sentence!

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:50 am
GryphonFledgling says...

It was dark and cold.

How's that for a knock-out first sentence?
I am reminded of the babe by you.

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:12 am
JC says...

"In a way that none of us expected, he walked out the door, not knowing that he was following the footsteps of so many before."

Eh...it's a little long.
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:43 pm
PerforatedxHearts says...

September 15, 2006
Dear James,

Twenty-two. That’s how many letters I had to start, to you, before I gave up looking for the perfect letter.

Kinda sad, because I spent 2 days trying to figure out the perfect beginning. And then I just gave up. And this beginning is ironic, since I did start around twenty letters trying to find the right beginning for it.
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:52 pm
miyaviloves says...

The oppressive heat was too much for her to bear.

-Umm yeah....shes hot hmm
Bag.

Got YWS?

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:43 pm
tinny says...

The wind in your hair.

I swear, it ges better.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:29 am
The Cheshire Cat says...

Many people often regard Brussels-sprouts negatively, ignorant about the fact they actually have the ability to heal bullet wounds, destroy cancer, and ward off angry pelicans.
James Bond: Do you expect me to talk?
Goldfinger: No Mister Bond, I expect you to die!

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:46 am
Gladius says...

‘TGIF!!’ I think to myself as I hurry to stand from my seat with the end-of-school-day bell.

A very mundane start to a *hopefully* heart-wrenching novel. xD
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:00 pm
Poor Imp says...

Oy, I am writing inside-out. If the beginning sentence is the last it's more likely than that it's the first; though dropping in the middle--better odds of that.

Ah well. The first written - "Glib found carried-away-by-curiosity to be a city-like spot - darker than its cheap alliteration, skyscrapers stilted under his feet as he looked down."

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

Reviews: 3
Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:33 pm
Tigress says...

Preface:

"The Council of the Gods was assembled."

Chapter One:

"“Do not speak of what you are going to do. Merely do it, and let your deeds speak for themselves.”

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:40 am
Ross says...

Prologue:
"I should just leave. What's the point of staying here?"

Chapter One:
I clutch the armrests of my seat hard that the lady knitting next to me gives me an odd look.

Tension, baby! Tension and conflict. And scares. And hopefully 50K words.
And we'll be a dream...

"Dee Dubbleyou." - BigBadBear

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:58 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

It was a dark November night – November the first, and the evening was exceptionally cold.

Woot. Though I have abandoned my NaNo because I simply don't have the time, or the inspiration for it at the moment. Maybe in a few months I'll pick my own time limit and goal, but right now, it's just not going to happen. :(
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

You're given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself. What you say is completely up to you.
— Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time