z

Young Writers Society

NaNoisms!

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:35 pm
PenguinAttack says...

You know what to do kids - NaNoisms, odd lines, sleep induced nonsense? Hand it over. xD

This is hardly a particularly weird line... but I still have no idea why it's there.

The salt content of vegemite, she mused, must far exceed what I should eat in a day.

*Hearts* Le Penguin.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:47 pm
Via says...

Shikata ga nai

Is pretty much making it's way into every chapter of my NaNo, and I had certainly not planned that. Lol.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:58 pm
Teague says...

“I have to go,” she lied, hurrying away from Francis.

Um, she's trapped on a ship. Where does she have to go? =|

And in the realm of Francis getting more creepy-old-man by the second:

“It was more fun to live the way I did, sweet Ophelie. Besides, I would never have had the chance to meet someone like you otherwise. Someone so vibrant and full of vitality… it’s intoxicating.”

My characters are psychotic. :smt012

Teague
x
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:48 pm
alwaysawriter says...

The sun strew quietly over the quiet room, slowly awakening October from her deep slumber.

I said quietly twice and I'm not even tempted to change it. That's the first line of the novel, sadly enough.

-always
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:07 pm
Blink says...

LOLness.

The image displayed him walking through Hyde Park, which burnt, but its true intent wasn’t vanity admiration – although that was the centrepiece of the photo – for he himself would never have called for the photographer, but she would.

I don't understand it!

Oh, and bearing in mind that Bessie's a cow:

Bessie galloped and thrust into the sky, neighing like an animal.

I just found one more:

He delivered such a blow that the granny was pressed onto her side and a slight crunching sound became apparent to his now deforming ears.
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:07 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

T’was a pleasant Autumn that year. I recall the wind blowing sweetly , yet verging on macabrely, perhaps the notion that this would not develop into a further storm pleased me. The leaves blew, like rigid skeletal bodies, their frames shivering.

My characters are way too extroverted!
They describe things annoyingly sometimes I think!!!

another one

I was living in a small village, north of a larger one, which in effect probably branched off into a further. It was called Loville after a desolate little creature that had once lived there. Charles Richard Loville. A strange being with deep thoughts and a furrowed brow. Such a pensive soul he was that none dared to enter his presence. I remember him to be a tall figure - a man that had to stoop to enter church, but yet he still had some godlike elegance about him. Father had often tried to restrain my wonders
for what are we without words and stories?

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:13 pm
alwaysawriter says...

This line is just plain obvious:

Abby soon delves the French fries too and the Coke is gone soon after. “You must have been really hungry.” Kat mused.

I have yet to come up with any really wierd lines yet but that may change when I get up early to write 1,000 words before school tomorrow, while sneaking on the computer. *grimaces*

-always
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:36 pm
KailaMarie says...

“Yeah. Probably, but then I was like ‘You just grabbed my boob!’ Because I’m stupid. And he was like ‘Oh…I’m sorry.’ And that made it so much more awkward!”

Definitely something inspired by my friends.

“What are you doing?” He laughed.
“Eating pickles. Want one?” I held up the jar to him.
“No thanks…” he looked at me like I was crazy.
“What? I love pickles. They’re like my life.” I put the cover back on, and put the jar back in the fridge, getting up and closing the door.
“But why were you on the floor like in the fridge?”
“I might’ve wanted something else…”

Alright, those are probably the oddest lines so far. I'm bound to have more soon, though, because there's a character who loves odd conversations, he just hasn't been introduced yet. =D
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:39 pm
BigBadBear says...

They were quickly approaching the huge multi-million dollar lodge. Clarice could make out its large stature.

This speaks for my novel's epic lameness.

A large, black truck filled up her side window, and Clarice shrieked. The two vehicles slammed into each other with a crunching thud. She felt lightheaded as everything rolled over. Her world was turned upside down with a shattering force that knocked the wind out of her. Clarice’s car’s windows shattered and sprayed glass into the vehicle, cutting and stabbing her.
The truck had flipped Clarice’s car upside down. She couldn’t see anything but darkness now. It hurt too much to scream. It hurt too much to think. She could feel the pain as it erupted throughout her entire body. Soul-splitting pain in her legs. Heart-shredding pain in her head.

This description doesn't do the car accident I wanted justice. In fact, this sucks.

Anyway. Yay for epic failness.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:20 am
KailaMarie says...

Don't worry, Jared, I'm sure it'll come out good. and if not, it's only the first draft, and you can always cut away and rewrite all the lame writing we've all come out with during NaNo.

I love November.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:06 am
Flemzo says...

He remembered moving onto campus, meeting new people, then the next thing he was rocking in the corner of the cafeteria, waving a fork around wildly, screaming something about everyone was going to be eternally raped in Hell. Some thought it was a stunt—they even went so far as to start laughing and applauding—until security carried him out in handcuffs.

.... sometimes I worry about my MCs.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:56 am
The-Phantoms-Thorne says...

Al sat back and offered his employer a warm smile. “I was wondering when you would ask me about that, sir. Truth be told, my name was supposed to be Albert Morgrim.”

“So what happened?”

Althabert chuckled. “On the day I was christened, my father was suffering from a severe cough. When the priest asked him my name, he coughed in the middle of saying 'Albert'. Before he could correct him, the priest had announced before the good Lord and the congregation that my name was Althabert.”

Have to love characters with crazy names! ^_^
~@ Hyde's Classic Lines @~
“I must say, I enjoy a bit of carnage in the evening.”
“Well, this is the oddest angle I've seen London at, I must confess.”

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:43 pm
Stori says...

So true, so true. I haven't even thought of a name for my main character yet. :cry:

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:50 pm
BigBadBear says...

[quote]The last thing Tom saw was the freak jumping out of the window.[/url]

Haha. It made me laugh, considering this is taking place on the top of a three story house. O.o How does one jump from a 30 ft window to the ground?

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:43 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

The woman died.

I have officially broken the "show don't tell" rule.

Resistance is futile.
— The Borg