z

Young Writers Society

Nano '22: Snoink's corner

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:50 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Ooh!! Exciting to make that kind of realization in the middle of writing. You've got this!!
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:56 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

We are at 45,270 words right now! So almost done? But I feel dreadfully sick right now. So I am not sure if I can keep up the pace.

We juuuuuuust met Reint! IT IS VERY EXCITING!!! Though we do not know it is Reint yet because he has yet to introduce himself. I am *hoping* that Reint's appearance in the story makes it easier to write, since there are less of those pesky traveling scenes where it is a bit of a drudgery to write and more quick dialogue and action because REINT!!!

...he is one of my favorite characters, can you tell? XD Even though he's a minor character, in the grand scheme of things, I adore him.

I should note that I don't expect to *finish* this book by the end of this month's 50K. Books 2 and 3 are all about 200k, so I kind of expect to be around that length. And I expect to cut a lot from this. But I wanted to get started! AND I DID. And that's the important part...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:41 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

We STARTED off the day with 47,497 words! WHICH MEANS 2503 TO GO!!!!!!!!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Plus! I actually feel better today. Yesterday when I woke up, I was like, "I might be sick, but I am going to write soooo hard! and then I spent 3 hours writing 300 words. XD But I started feeling better last night so then I cranked up a little over 2000 words.

So we're FINISHING this today!

And by finishing it, I mean... finishing Nano. The book is nowhere done being finished, lol.

APPARENTLY the direction of the story (I always start the story with several directions in mind, but I am not quite *sure* which path to take, so if the story ever feels like you have no idea where it's going, that is probably why???) is going to be in the direction where the Swans are doing strange things that do not make sense and the MC has no idea why. And he kind of wants to ignore it -- after all, things seem to be going well for him and he just wants to get his task done and over with. But, again, the Swans are acting suspiciously. Which makes him very nervous. But also, things are going well???

And I am amused because things ARE actually pretty easy. Like, they haven't really faced any major difficulty yet that they haven't been able to overcome, and my MC is starting to get suspicious, haha. Like, there is a couple of setbacks -- the weather is awful and there's been a couple of misunderstandings. But nothing that they haven't been able to work with. I am not sure how amusing this will be to read -- "They did this and it worked!" But like. I know what's about to happen, sooooo. Having a lighter touch in the beginning, before everything goes wrong, might be best. XD
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

It's easier to come up with new stories than it is to finish the ones you already have. I think every author would feel that way.
— Stephanie Meyer