View Likes
looseleaf says...

Dad Hacked Death

- A Dead Brother -
- A Missing Dad -
- A Determined Daughter -
- A Dead Teen From 1942 -
- The Underworld -

It's like I wanted to write historical fiction but decided to be special.

The Polnets used to be the perfect nuclear family. Leonard Polnet was a successful scientist, Madeline Polnet worked as a secretary, and none of their children were dead. They even had a dog.

Then, Mallory Polnet, age 17, drowned while the family was on vacation. The family, especially Leonard and his youngest daughter, Q, were devastated. Leonard Polnet would disappear a year to the day his son died. The remaining Polnets, Madeline, Honey, and Q, would move out of the house they loved and try to continue living.

But, obviously, that doesn't happen. Q goes on an adventure to find not only her dad, but her brother as well. And maybe she befriends some dead people on the way.

1,734/50,000
Last edited by looseleaf on Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:23 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Day One

So, for NaNo this year, I decided to do the Extreme Harry Potter Word Crawl that @Carlito did! I'm not a big fan of Harry Potter, but it was the longest crawl I could find. Let's get started.

Apparently, I receive my letter to Hogwarts from an owl and I'm just oh-so-freaking excited! It said to sprint to 100 words to air out my excitement, but I wrote 116 words.

I appear in Diagon Alley and write for ten minutes to see how much cash start out with. Since I'm playing as a half-blood and wrote 293 words, I start out with three galleons. Yay.

I go into Ollivander's Wand Shop and am tasked with writing 400 words to pick out a wand. I write 395 words because I'm an underachiever, had to study for a French quiz, and make up for it later.

Anywho, I need a pet. And the requirement to get a pet is to write for fifteen whole minutes because that's how long it takes to get an animal. I wrote 611 words and I choose a toad. Owls seem like too much work, honestly, and cats kind of stink. So toad it is. 🐸

Last but not least, It said to write to the nearest thousand. I tried to do this, but I was at 1,299 words and I really did not feel like it. So, I wrote 319 more words for a total of 1,734 words.

That's all for me today! I plan to continue this tomorrow as I go to Platform 9 3/4 and eat some treats, but I have some tests to study for so that may not happen.

Total Words: 1,734
Galleons: 2
+ 3 Galleons For Writing 250+ Words
- 1 Galleon For Not Writing To The Nearest 1,000

A Bit Of Writing:
Q leaned forward and looked out the window. Rows of brick apartment buildings lined the streets. People were moving about their homes or sitting on their balconies. One man was grilling while smoking a fat cigar.

The one thing that confused Q most was when she looked down. Parked on the side of the street and driving were dozens of old cars. It was like the cars came straight out of her history textbook from a photo captioned “Daily Life In Pre-War America.” The clothes of the people matched the cars, too. Ladies walked around in relatively fancy dresses while men wore nice suits and coats.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:37 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Yay word crawls!! My second post here shows some of the crawls I've done and how many words they yielded for me if the HP one ends up not being for you. But the HP crawl was definitely the longest. I wrote almost 90k!!!
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

have u ever noticed how ugly rosy-lipped batfish r? and not like in the “aw ur so ugly ur cute” way that like opossums r — no they’re just hideously ugly beasts that should never have existed and r the epitome of evolution fails. the stupidity, blank look, head emptiness. they’re horrible n everyone who likes them r horrible too. they truly have the worst fan-base >:[
— Shady