Who's ready for NaNoWriMo?

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:23 am
Fand says...

Sweet! Nice forum, Jack.

And ready?

Ha.

I defy your preparedness. I bite my thumb at it, in fact. But then I run away and cower. My head hurts already... and it's still October. Can't decide which storyline to pursue, and neither are developed AT ALL, either... ohhhh, good.

*deep breath*
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:02 pm
innerbeauty555 says...

Ah, NaNoWriMo...the insanity...THE INSANITY! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(It hasn't even begun yet! :-P)

Seriously, I haven't the foggiest idea what to write about. I am going to make the 50K this year, though! :-D

Diana :)
You say "crazy" like it's a bad thing...

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:16 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

Yay! We have a YWS thread in NaNoLand! Thanks Firestarter!
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:28 pm
Cassandra says...

I FINALLY stopped procrastinating today (at least for a little while ;) ) and got some stuff done--first eleven chapters outlined, plus I have an idea of what's coming. Hooray!
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:56 pm
wonderwitch says...

Oooh... it's wicked fun... even if you don't win. And that loverly thread of yours on the forums there is how I found you guys. See how amazing NaNo is?

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:50 pm
Max McKali says...

i found a friend from my english class, haha. how random.
"All for one and one for all- that is our motto, is it not?"

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:36 pm
Emerson says...

I'm getting all pent up, and already getting behind..

My outline, though good, is lacking. But I'm so excited. yay novels! Who else here makes outlines? Because I worried I might have too much. You know? What if I hit 50,000 and I'm only 75% through my novel? That'd be depressing, not to say I'd cut it down.

Who's got novel buddies already? Me and Cassandra are together, she's got an amazing plot cooking...

Is there going to be anything 'special' going around here when nano starts?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:32 pm
Duskglimmer says...

I've got an outline that's some 4,000 words long and I'm gonna try and beef it up a little bit more before November to try and flesh a few things out. I want to be overly-ready by the time I start, just in case.

I'm a little concerned because I have a lot of battle scenes and I'm never very speedy about writing battle scenes. But I know if I don't give myself any, I won't have much incentive to get through the slow spots (I love my battle scenes! *hugs all random sharp objects and those that wield them in a skilled manner*).

On the other hand, while my aim to is to hit 50,000 words, I'm fairly certain that my plot will last longer that. I'm wondering if I would be crazy to try and aim even higher than the the regular 50,000. I think I might be a little crazy to do that... then again, why not?
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

2058 Reviews

Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:41 pm
Emerson says...

I know a lot of people that are working higher than 50,000 so go for it!

so far my outline is 2,300 words long, so guess thats not that much...compaired to yours, lol.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

161 Reviews

Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:43 pm
View Likes
Cassandra says...

I'm outlining, or trying to. I'm a little worried I'll overkill my story before I even write it, but at least this way I'll know what's coming...none of that time-wasting silliness where I sit at the keyboard and say, "Uh, what next?"

Thanks, Claudette. I love my plot. ^.^

And! I was just going to get back to you about yours, so you can expect a PM tonight...
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

2058 Reviews

Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:45 pm
Emerson says...

yeah, on some spots my outline is too....whole-filled and in others its practicaly like I'm writing the story! I have to back off and calm down, the writing has to wait until November...

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:51 pm
Meshugenah says...

I, um... haven't even started writing an outline?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to rework fairytales, though, so I basically have the story written, I get to flesh it out, and make it interesting!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

161 Reviews

Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:48 am
Cassandra says...

^ Sounds interesting, Mesh. I'd love to read it when you're done.
-Chuck Palahniuk

2058 Reviews

Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:55 am
Emerson says...

Is anyone going to share their novels on here after Nano? I might..of course AFTER the rewrites and complete editing and all that. I'm nervous, it'll probably be crap (but isn't that the point?) so if I DO show it off, I don't think I'll want crits...maybe general reviews, ha ha.

Anyone going to share them?

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:37 am
Sam says...

Ah, I'm doing a Snoinkish outline. That is, a title for a chapter and that's it...perhaps I'll get to something more inolved eventually.

Claudette>> It usually works better just to send it to a select few, as it's very, very tedious to upload all fifty thousand words (and then have a lot of people only read the first section...). If you'd like, I'd be totally willing to read your NaNo- I do love your stuff. :D
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

If you're paranoid that you're making your novel worse with each passing decision clap your hands
— Panikos