KailaMarie says...

What's the yearly challenge?
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:47 pm
Stori says...

It's the same concept, but you write over a whole year. I don't know the address, so you'll have to look it up.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:49 pm
KailaMarie says...

Thanks. I might.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:41 pm
LolitaRose says...

I got to...30,000 around, then my computer decided to die on me, so no completed Nano for me. It was my first year, too. Hopefully 2009 will be better. :?

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:45 am
POTAFan1973 says...

I got to about 27,000 and I gave up. I'm still working on my story I'm just taking my time now. In almost two months I have already written about 43 pages worth of words. That alone is a compliment to me because aside from that one my longest story was 8 pages. So even if I didn't win NaNo I still see myself as a winner for reaching 43 pages.
One person's craziness is another person's reality
-Tim Burton

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:54 pm
vox nihili says...

My nano ended somewhere around (a liberal estimate) 9k. Seriously, well, I didn't try to end it-- the story line itself has a long time to then end, but I sort of quit. I had band performances to practice for, Algebra homework, and I too have to get more than a wink of sleep. So, I quit. I wrote a novel once, over the envied 50k, and it took me, like, a year. In fact, my attempted nano was based on of the old novel's plot, but took a whole new sort of turn... So I quit and admitted I couldn't possibly win. To those that are reading this and won--you're all insanely dedicated writers and must have more free time than I do. So I embraced failure. I failed intentionally. That is the story of my Nano flop. ;)

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.
— Samuel Butler