Young Writers Society

Have a NaNoWrant!

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Swottielottie says...

Two words, people.
I quit.

It feels so great not to worry about my nano. I stopped at about 22000 words.
Oh, well. I'll continue next month........... maybe.....

Good luck to the rest of ya, though

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:09 am
Areida says...

So close (to the deadline) and yet so far (from the desired word count).

And everything I write sucks. yay, NaNo! XD
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:16 am
Snoink says...

Okay! So apparently, my character is on strike, and the only way I can get her to continue the story is by entering in the story myself and beating her in a series of challenges which are as of yet unknown to me.

Guh... never piss off your characters. XD
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:21 am
Poor Imp says...

Oy. Life as well as Tov intervene, da? -_-

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:25 pm
Perra says...

With all the work I have to do, and considering that I don't even have 20k, I'm probably not gonna make 50k. XP
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon May 26, 2008 4:36 pm
LilyReagan says...

Tell me about it!!! I'm 500 pages in, and I'm still on my idiot of a main character's fourth day of narraration!!!! Plus, my air-headed meangirl is starting to make more sense than the down-to-earth bookworm, and now I'm babbling. I'VE COMPLETELY LOST MY CANDY WRAPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings."
~Anonymous

Nulla dies sine linea. --Not a day without a line

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:51 am
KayKel16 says...

This sounds like fun, I'm going to try it out.

-I've never really thought of plot before, so my plot sucks massively. I think I'm doing it right, but then I'm not.
-My main character's name sounds like a hick's, and I have three new ones and I can't choose.
-Speaking of names! The middle name I have is Kaige, and I don't like it but I do!
-My "other" chapters are better than the actual story.
-I switched tenses throughout the whole twelve chapters and 27K words... Oopsies.
-And I haven't written today, I'm too excited for Friday, xD.

Whew, that's it. I feel much better now, xD.
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
-James Dean

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:05 pm
roon says...

Arg, I hate myself. I'm 4.5k behind. I guess, in comparison to others, it's not too bad. However! I think this is probably a slippery slope from which I cannot escape, I have explored too far down the black hole that is procrastination to get out alive. So... yeah. My characters are being evil, well two of them are, one went and spent all of someone else's money, the other is a prejudiced idiot. :/

EDIT: They were supposed to be 'good guys' but now I hate the both of them. I might kill one off, that'll give me a few words, right?

Other than that, homework meant that I wrote a grand total of one word, yes that's right, one word during the whole course of the week. Does someone want to kill me before one of my characters does?

*eyes homework and wordcount* I just can't decide! *jumps out of window, only to realise she's on the ground floor* >.<

That's the end of my NaNoWriMoan (see what I did there? -_-" fail) thanks for listening, you've been a great audience. *dies*

~ Roon
The worst tragedy for a poet is to be admired through being misunderstood.

~ Jean Cocteau

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:47 pm
MagnusBane says...

Well, I'm now 8k behind - I know, I'm a NaNo failure - and I have absolutely no idea where my story is going. My characters are out of control and the whole novel is spiralling off into competely random directions. Not to mention the writing quality sucks and about 90% of it is getting cut when I edit in December.
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:33 am
asxz says...

I don;t get what you guys are complaining about! I'm finished (brushes dirt off shoulder) and I'm not even half way through my story. I think my plot's okay... but nothing actually happned that was interesting to the story until 30 k. All the rest as set up... and my characters are so weird,. They can't make up their mind about anything! One minute they hate someone, then they think that they're awesome... I haev soem work to do for NaNoEdMo... that's if I ever finish this! I can't believe it though! If it weren't 11 O'clock at night, I would run down the street laughing!

I'm finally finished! WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

(See you when you get here!)
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:48 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Word count is on track but...that's about all I've got going for me right now.

My characters spend half the novel out of character. I've got my big buff bag-guy hero whining and being pathetic half the time. And my introverted 'I can handle it myself' female lead is acting stupid.

Oh, and to clear up her love interests I just made one her long lost brother.

Can you say cliche?!?

Too bad I only enjoy a whopping third of the actual story. And even then...yuck.

Well, it's been good. Now back to negotiating peace with two races in my novel (which just so happened to give in much too easily to the enemies demands).

Hope to see you at the finish line soon, asxz
Got YWS?

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:53 am
asxz says...

Anyone feeling deflated? I got to say... it's been a day since I finished, and I don;t feel like I've accomplished anything. I mean, it's not even half way done, and I want to get back to my other book now.

NaNo's just...

I was feeling so happy that I thought I could do it on the sixteenth. I was over 30K in, going strong, so I went up the local bush track for a nice quiet time to myself. it takes an hour return trip. I sprained my ankle on teh way down, and fifty five minutes later I turned up at the house, sweaty but not able to take a shower because I had to ice my now tennis ball sized ankle.
I'd done it before, 2 months ago, same ankle, same track.
I went up there feeling happy, came down with 2 sore legs (because I'd een hopping on the right leg for so long)

Oh well,. I was still on track, I could do this.

But now that I'm done... it's like everything. Unatainable, therefore desirable. I attained it, it's lost it's sheen, that shiny veneer that makes it look spectacular.

I hate my pessimisism.
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
— Walt Disney